WARNING All VIPER Engines with an Accumsump are in imminent danger of failure

MacksSrt said:
fly n low

It's been a couple years now, but it was the hi perf oil filter for our trucks. Made a horrible noise that increased with rpms. Tried different gaskets(flapper I think they called it?), etc. Nothing worked, so I finally pulled it and went with mopar performance filter(s). If I remember correctly, others had problems with it as well.

I actually got their filter to stop making noise. I had to send it back to Canton a long time ago. They were just as bad with their customer service then as they are now. I think you can really find a lot about a company when you have problems with their product.

On the other hand, DODGE has an A+++++ rating from my family. I think they have converted us to a Chrysler household forever. If Chrysler treats everyone like they have my wife and I, I don't would how they could ever lose a customer.

CarDude said:
I actually got their filter to stop making noise. I had to send it back to Canton a long time ago. They were just as bad with their customer service then as they are now. I think you can really find a lot about a company when you have problems with their product.

On the other hand, DODGE has an A+++++ rating from my family. I think they have converted us to a Chrysler household forever. If Chrysler treats everyone like they have my wife and I, I don't would how they could ever lose a customer.

What became of your problem(s) with your Charger?

the "noisey" filter prob is not the filter. i was runnin the Go Power filter & it seems the less restritive the filter is the worse the noise is. it lets the oil pump/by-pass valve pulses go straight to the oil cooler & amplifies through the cooler mountin bracket. when i replaced the engine oil cooler lines, OEM cooler line/hose split makin a hell of a leak, with muchless restrictive lines it maked it so bad that the dash was vibratin.
got with Kevin at Exotic Engines & he hooked me up with the latest by-pass valve assy. works great. now if i can get a responce back from Go Power for replacment parts for their filter will see how it does with a very low restriction filter.

this is the exact thing that I went through when i bought my GTO brand new with 3 miles on it. I bought about 3G's worth the performance parts and before I did i dyno'd it to see what I got. Well I drove it to the movies and at this time there was 112 miles on it. It started like sputtering, and cut off in the wal-mart parking lot. So then I hauled it in to the shop and it had to much oil and then the transmission started slipping, no I have not done any burn outs nothing was done, I had not broke the engine in, and took it to the dealer and asked them to fix, they asked if I had any performance parts and I said no, I have bought them and before i said anything, they said well we can not fix it, you have performance parts on it and I asked why and they said because of my MODS and I said what, so I took the guy out to my car opened the trunk and I said, you talking about this short throw shifter that has not been out of the Box or installed, So fix it? So they thought it was on there and nothing had been put on, so moral to the story you change something , kiss that warranty good bye, and good job not telling them you had a turbo kit on there, and once you flash a PCM they can tell.

Last edited:
We have discussed this issue lots of times. The bottom line is that if you modify a vehicle most shops will not do warranty work if the parts could have in any way caused the problem. That is what the warranty says...read your contract.

But in some instances an understanding service manager and a reasonable owner can come to some accord. Talk to your service adviser prior to installing your modifications. In most instances they will agree that if you have mods but they could not in any way cause the problem then they will work with you. But they are the final word.

When you modify the performance of your vehicle you should be prepared to accept the responsibility. If you can't stand the heat don't go in the kitchen.

With all of my mods I still got some warranty work done...but being reasonable is the answer. My under hood light gave out...Dodge had no problem fixing it with my Roe sitting right under it...the door seals were done with no questions asked...as a matter of fact the dealer asked me if the service advisory had been applied...

Hi,

Just saw this thread and was wondering what happened with your issue with Canton and the accusump. I have a 04 RC with 2800 miles. Never drive it much, but I do have the accusump installed and purchased it from Boomer. My bumper to bumper just ran out last week and brought the truck into the dealer to have it looked over to ensure everything looked OK. According to the service manager all is well.

I will say, I have seen oil droppings in my driveway, but when putting the truck on a lift never saw a leak anywhere. Any warning signs I should look for to help ensure I don't have the same problem that you had? What is considered "normal" oil pressure & temp? Thanks!

The 04's are notorious for leaking oil lines, and seeping rear main seal.

If you run your fingers along the bottom of the oil lines that are to the right front of your engine (right where they touch the fender well) you will find oil. The pressure joints are usually the problem...nothing serious just a little messy.

The rear main seal will seep on most of the 04's. Look at the right side of the bell housing from the right side of the transmission and you will probably see a slight seep, again not a problem just a bother.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back