Post up to the Blown Engine Club

Did you lose an engine?...

• Total voters

tinygiants

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Post up if you lost your engine. Details if you will.

Mods, can I get a little help with my spelling in the poll? Also can a NA category be added? Thanks.

I lost my engine doing a power pull from about 40 mph to about 75 mph out on the freeway. It started to knock.

Last edited:
STS will be glad you left them off the list

This would be interesting to see the results when done. Number SC, TC, N/A that ahve failed. Also, ultimately what is causing the failures in each case. So far it seems pretty much the pistons and oiling from reading the threads.

ViperJeff said:
STS will be glad you left them off the list

I think that is covered under the Turbo category.

Lost #3 on the dyno. Had the STS turbo on for 2.5 years, 2 private track rentals, tons of dyno runs and countless street encounters. I believed the #3 let go and impacted the spark plug 1 year prior to me actually losing the engine. Part of the saving grace was the meth IMO. On the dyno we had the meth off. So weak piston + 8psi = blown engine.

Tuning solutions that I had:
1. STS1-E with 4 extra injectors
2. VEC 3 with 60 lb injectors and meth tuned by Taliban Dan
3. VEC 3 with 60 lb injectors and meth tuned by Sean Roe himself.
4. SCT, 60lb's, 2 bar map sensor tuned by Marty. Lost engine on dyno runs.

Last edited:
FlyingLow said:
I think that is covered under the Turbo category.

True .....

But we are looking at Roe (specifically) and Paxton (specifically), I think it would only be fair to list STS's name also.

For all your success's with the STS system, there has also been some very serious failures specific to the STS

yes i think the thread needs to be eddited.. add in NA.. and specific types of turbos ... to make it acurate

ViperJeff said:
True .....

But we are looking at Roe (specifically) and Paxton (specifically), I think it would only be fair to list STS's name also.

For all your success's with the STS system, there has also been some very serious failures specific to the STS

Now I get what you were saying. Yes there should be a STS voting option. I would also like to see how many people are FI.

I did not have the catastrophic engine death that some have experienced, just a loss of power and a noticable clicking at idle. No obliterated pistons, just pieces broken off of a couple and damage/cracks to the rest.

Approx 3k miles stock
Approx 20k miles with Paxton

Joe

Where are all the people that were claiming how safe the roe was this time last year, "it's only 5.6 lbs of boost"? Maybe it's time to learn that stock motors should not see boost unless you want to rebuild it, everyone seems to find someone to blame, i.e. STS, Roe, or dodge. When a SRT engineer posted that if any mods beyond basic bolt-ons are done then pistons are a must, what do you expect?

Build your motor before anything, the cost is half of what you would pay to have a blown motor rebuilt... plus while you gather parts for your 800+hp truck you can drive your 500hp truck. Better than these guys I see paying on a vehical that has a blown motor...

Borden3srt said:
where is flchub??? dont be ashamed. j/k:D
mine didnt blow,just fell apart,but it still made it home over 300 miles with only new plugs:marchmellow: :marchmellow: :marchmellow:

37k miles on my 04 reg cab
18k stock
19k with B&B Exhaust and SCT programmer with a 93 tune

No engine problems at all.

ive lost 2 engines...one due to nitrous and one due to ?????...N/a engine that was freshly rebuilt by dodge...but they would warranty it....wish ida gone fully forged right from the start....

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back