06 QC Night Runner checking in from Wisconsin~!

OldColt:
26 1/4 in tip to handle.
Thanks.

Great, just remark what you already have then once you know for sure you have 8.5 Qts. in it.

Hahaha Ronnie.. that will bother me.. I would want it to be accurate.

And by accurate the right stick for the right motor?
How about we go out of the RAM world... what.. if I get one for a 06 Viper car? ?>

I mean there cant be viper car owners.. $65K plus race car scratching their heads on why there dip sticks are INACCURATE on their race cars???? Right??

picture.php
Stock dipstick
picture.php
Close up
picture.php
Modified HEMI dipstick
picture.php
Modified HEMI dipstick close up
picture.php
Scribe marks (I know they are not evenly spaced!)

Looks like you have the 10 litre dipstick. Easy to mod with a HEMI dipstick. Your stock dipstick will be dry at 8 litres.

Looks like you have the 10 litre dipstick. Easy to mod with a HEMI dipstick. Your stock dipstick will be dry at 8 litres.

So what vehicle came with the 10L dip stick. That freak V10 that was slow or?

So what vehicle came with the 10L dip stick. That freak V10 that was slow or?

06 SRT10's did. I don't know why your engine is not showing full after your oil change, with the amount of oil you put in.

06 SRT10's did. I don't know why your engine is not showing full after your oil change, with the amount of oil you put in.

It is only showing 1/4 of "safe".
So I have the right dipstick>?

It is only showing 1/4 of "safe".
So I have the right dipstick>?

You do! It is the exact same length as my stock one. If you want to run with less oil, you will need a longer dipstick.

You do! It is the exact same length as my stock one. If you want to run with less oil, you will need a longer dipstick.

I don't. I want to run with what MOPAR recommends.
So if I have the right dipstick and it says 1/4 on the "safe" line with 10 US QT's I am good?
Thank you.

GSJake-

One final comment:

If you ever have your engine out and your pan off and you fill that pan with 10 qts of oil, you will see exactly why you don't want to run with 10 qts of oil.

It is your truck and I'm just some guy on a forum, I get it.

Best of luck.

I will remove a qt tomorrow and check before and after on the dipstick.

Listen to Ronnie. I'm at 90,000 and 30 oil changes. 8 1/2 quarts every time and reads right in the middle on the dipstick.

Listen to Ronnie. I'm at 90,000 and 30 oil changes. 8 1/2 quarts every time and reads right in the middle on the dipstick.

Thanks for the info Quad.
What dipstick? The 10l or the 04/05 or the hemi one?

Car dipsticks are totally different.
I’ve also had two kinds of dipsticks in trucks - flat bar, and braided steel with a lead bullet on the end.
I usually end up about 9qt or so...

Got the ps fluid leak fixed. The drip started to pour around the gasket for the pulley so got a new pump installed with the JTSVP ps lines.
Was not a cheap fix but just glad it made it to WI from CA on my trip.

Question: Did the QC's not come with 5th torque Bilstein shock off the diff?

So now just going to put some miles on it and enjoy!~
Shits kinda sluggish and the 3rd to OD shift is WAY too early as mentioned before. I will need the tranny bands adjusted at 60K with a flush so that will be next with a tune!

Thanks for all the advice guys!

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back