06 QC vs 2003 harley davidson f-150

Spinning excuses? It's his fault he showed up street tires. Good kill.

Gotta show up with drag radials and pimp juice yo!

I think you can do that with a Ford auto tranny.

i did not know there were any vehicle out there that would do it. thought they would all just go no higher than 2nd

but i try to stay out of fords, so i wouldnt know

If he tries a second gear start you will REALLY murder him.:rock::rock:

Exactly. As I said in one of my posts above, the only way the guy really had a shot was if he had a _good_ tune (there are tons out there for the Ford S/C trucks...too many options, if you ask me) and you guys rolled on from about 20mph. His truck would downshift back into 1st gear, putting it in the sweet spot of the engine, and it might be close for a bit.

From a dead stop, there is no way it is harder to launch the HD compared to an SRT-10. He may have been spinning the tires, but I doubt you were dumping the clutch at 3000rpm and having it hook, either. IOW, without slicks, neither truck is going to launch hard.

I have raced Gen 2 Lightning trucks on the street and at the track... starting in 2nd gear is the dumbest thing I've ever heard, unless you are racing in the snow.:p

Exactly. As I said in one of my posts above, the only way the guy really had a shot was if he had a _good_ tune (there are tons out there for the Ford S/C trucks...too many options, if you ask me) and you guys rolled on from about 20mph. His truck would downshift back into 1st gear, putting it in the sweet spot of the engine, and it might be close for a bit..:p

Our trucks will do the same thing under 30MPH if you kick it to the floor it will drop down into 1st gear into its sweet spot too,and sometimes will break loose!:burnout:(thats when its fun!:rock:),sounds like you handed him A$$,and he is scratching for excuses,thats a typical Ford thing I think!:D Good kill!:rock::D:rock:
I say get an SCT tuned and have him a rematch TAPED! LMAO!!:rock::boxing:

Our trucks will do the same thing under 30MPH if you kick it to the floor it will drop down into 1st gear into its sweet spot too,and sometimes will break loose!:burnout:(thats when its fun!:rock:),sounds like you handed him A$$,and he is scratching for excuses,thats a typical Ford thing I think!:D Good kill!:rock::D:rock:
I say get an SCT tuned and have him a rematch TAPED! LMAO!!:rock::boxing:

Yeah, you're right about the kickdown... although I didn't think my '05 QC did that when it was stock. Once I had the Roe SCT it did, and it would definitely blow the tires off.

here are some pics of me an my buddies trucks

Attachments

• IMG_1092.jpg
    IMG_1092.jpg
    502 KB · Views: 5,618
  • IMG_1093.jpg
    IMG_1093.jpg
    529.9 KB · Views: 6,661
His "caltracs?" are LOOOOOOONG. Now, call Tony and get the ass end of that truck sitting right. Hes showing you up when it comes to stance.

His "caltracs?" are LOOOOOOONG. Now, call Tony and get the ass end of that truck sitting right. Hes showing you up when it comes to stance.

About 6 months ago I bought the bell tech lowering shackles from Tony and put them on. Are you suggesting a lowering kit?

Nope. Dead stop. Why the hell would start in second? He got that advice from the Harley truck forum

HMMM on the harley forum he says something different
i thick we all know the histoty - National Harley Truck Owners Club
As for racing a "harley truck" The only ones that are even close to being a fast truck is the 02-03 models....they are the only ones that come factory supercharged. As for wheel spin they guy has only had the truck how many days...I can bet you that almost everyone on here finally got a fast truck and for the first few months they thought it was fast becuase they could explode the tires...it was not until you learned to "feather the gas" to make it stick. trust me there are a few of us HD owner here in Oklahoma that are more than willing to take the challenge. I give you this your truck looks like a beast and I am sure it runs good...but as we all know we are trying to make a brick turn into a airplane...And Yes I have had my @ss handed to me by a Viper truck...of course it had a procharger on it making about 600 to the wheels...made the mistake of doing a highway run at about 50...that sucker left me before the truck ever shifted...he pulle AT LEAST a school bus on me before we shut it down...moral of the story...there is always someone faster...he he has the most $ will probably win the race. Speaking of Superfast Vipers...Oklahoma is the new proud owner of one of the fast Viper cars out there...owned in Edmond Ok by a guy named Andy...twin turbo and making INSANE HP...there is a video of him racing a local EVO that is putting down serious HP...60-160 roll race...the evo was hanging until about 140 then the extra displacement kuicked in. Anyway I would love to see a Viper vs Lighting/harley shoot out. Anyone up for one?

Sounds like you guys are havin some truck fun! There is a similar one running around town here and we hooked up about a week and a half ago - from a light and from a roll - ate his lunch and I don't have any mods, just a tune and he was supercharged like your friends'.

Street racin......yeah.:burnout:

i am still wondering how he starts in second gear from a stop with a A/T truck. maybe i am missing somethin?:dontknow:

I think you can do that with a Ford auto tranny.

He can. But it won't be a smart thing to do.

Congrats on the "kill". I frown on roll racing as it is impossible to control the jump. I prefer a good race at a proper dragstrip. No excuses allowed.

He can. But it won't be a smart thing to do.

Congrats on the "kill". I frown on roll racing as it is impossible to control the jump. I prefer a good race at a proper dragstrip. No excuses allowed.

Yup roll racing is for pu**ys

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back