10 Quickest SRT10's

Guy probably did stupid stuff like driving around in 6th gear at 40mph.

You know. You are probably right. He did that alllll the time. The failure prolly had nothing to do with the 500 track passes. Good point.

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk

Low 12's is possible with the right driver for a stock R/C. It is just that most R/C owners don't know how to drive or they own a really slow color. Silver of course is the fastest!!!

You're absolutely right... it's possible to run a 12.0X in a bone stock RC when you time it absolutely perfect with a 100mph tail wind pushing you down the track! Otherwise I'll never believe it. It's just not possible to run a full weight 5200lb truck with stock tires and 500HP through the 1/4 in that low of a time. I can definitely see 12's, just not "very low 12's". C'MON CAVEMAN, WHERE'S THE MATH??? BACK ME UP BRO! LOL

I went 13.1 with my old truck stock in great weather conditions. I believe a 12.9 but low 12s is tough to believe in stock form.

You're absolutely right... it's possible to run a 12.0X in a bone stock RC when you time it absolutely perfect with a 100mph tail wind pushing you down the track! Otherwise I'll never believe it. It's just not possible to run a full weight 5200lb truck with stock tires and 500HP through the 1/4 in that low of a time. I can definitely see 12's, just not "very low 12's". C'MON CAVEMAN, WHERE'S THE MATH??? BACK ME UP BRO! LOL

There are too many unknown variables for the math to be totally reliable, but a 5200 pound truck would need about 600 rwhp to run 12 flat.

12 flat is lower than low 12's. I didn't say he was THAT fast. Perhaps a 10 with low miles on the odo and a fantastic driver is a good combo to achieve what some may consider the unbelievable. I wouldn't be surprised he was regularly using higher than high octane fuel. I dunno; I'm just guessing here. I can't assume to know all of the possible variables for a particular outcome. I would be happy if I could get below 14s m'self. But I won't try it anyway.

12 flat is lower than low 12's. I didn't say he was THAT fast. Perhaps a 10 with low miles on the odo and a fantastic driver is a good combo to achieve what some may consider the unbelievable. I wouldn't be surprised he was regularly using higher than high octane fuel. I dunno; I'm just guessing here. I can't assume to know all of the possible variables for a particular outcome. I would be happy if I could get below 14s m'self. But I won't try it anyway.

Anthony, I believe that you saw a stockish truck run low 12's. You have been here longer than I and never given me a single reason to doubt you. What we can't know are things like, was the driver spraying the truck without telling anyone, was the timing system at a particular track having issues on one day, what fuel was being used, what tune was in the truck (even if the owner claimed stock)? In other words, who knows what the exact truth is behind the low 12 second pass/passes you saw. For me, the litmus test for any SRT10 1/4 mile claim is simple: what have others who race their trucks regularly been able to accomplish? Justin and Jerry are perfect examples of people that race regularly, openly share every mod with us, meticulously document their progress, etc. If they were running high 12's with stock trucks, I have to believe that someone else running low 12's had a trick or two up their sleeve.

I believe Trainman went 12.64 at the 06 Bakersfield GTG with full factory weight but not sure if he had bolt ons or not at that point.

That's about what I thought he ran too. And I can't imagine someone piloting much more efficiently.

I believe Trainman went 12.64 at the 06 Bakersfield GTG with full factory weight but not sure if he had bolt ons or not at that point.

On that run I had full weight including an aftermarket bed cover (+120 lbs), but I did have headers, cats, magnaflow, cal-traks , Drag radials, Volant ram air and a tune (91 octane). The truck was probably about 5,000 lbs without me in it.

Anthony, I believe that you saw a stockish truck run low 12's. You have been here longer than I and never given me a single reason to doubt you. What we can't know are things like, was the driver spraying the truck without telling anyone, was the timing system at a particular track having issues on one day, what fuel was being used, what tune was in the truck (even if the owner claimed stock)? In other words, who knows what the exact truth is behind the low 12 second pass/passes you saw. For me, the litmus test for any SRT10 1/4 mile claim is simple: what have others who race their trucks regularly been able to accomplish? Justin and Jerry are perfect examples of people that race regularly, openly share every mod with us, meticulously document their progress, etc. If they were running high 12's with stock trucks, I have to believe that someone else running low 12's had a trick or two up their sleeve.

Makes perfect sense to me. I can't say I ever saw up any of the guy's sleeves so I can’t vouch for him that he came clean with the information he volunteered. Plus there ARE countless variables that come into play. And I have to admit, the result was more like 12.7 now that I think of it. In my book that's really NOT very low 12's. It's been a while since that event took place so I had a memory lapse. My bad. As for my being here longer, it doesn’t mean I know more than the next guy or that whatever I state here is error proof. What I DO know for sure is that I will never try achieving these impressive numbers that are posted up. I just enjoy seeing others with experience or those building their experience have a go at it. :D

On that run I had full weight including an aftermarket bed cover (+120 lbs), but I did have headers, cats, magnaflow, cal-traks , Drag radials, Volant ram air and a tune (91 octane). The truck was probably about 5,000 lbs without me in it.

I had back-to-back 12.63 runs @ 5165lbs with me in the truck, similar mods minus the Caltracs. By no means am I trying to compare our runs as I am just agreeing with you. I am by no means the best driver on this forum but I'm no slouch either. I just know that I run my truck hard while I'm at the track and if mine was bone stock there is no way I would be running better than a 12.9-13.0.

I know y'all are talking RC but my QC fastest bone stock was 13.9@99. Repeatable and consistent but slow for what I expected. I lost my first race to a modded SRT GC that was in the 12's at that time. I've nearly shaved two seconds off that run and still on stock engine with bolt ons and around 5100 with me inside. Traction and driver mod have to be the best mods a Viper Truck can get to knock off time. Gotta remember that there are literally hundreds of SC, Nitrous, etc Viper Trucks that haven't achieved low 12s and guess why? Can't hook the power and can't drive/launch correctly.
To feel a 5100lb truck launch and run 12.1s is exhilarating :)

I know y'all are talking RC but my QC fastest bone stock was 13.9@99. Repeatable and consistent but slow for what I expected. I lost my first race to a modded SRT GC that was in the 12's at that time. I've nearly shaved two seconds off that run and still on stock engine with bolt ons and around 5100 with me inside. Traction and driver mod have to be the best mods a Viper Truck can get to knock off time. Gotta remember that there are literally hundreds of SC, Nitrous, etc Viper Trucks that haven't achieved low 12s and guess why? Can't hook the power and can't drive/launch correctly.
To feel a 5100lb truck launch and run 12.1s is exhilarating :)

Yes, but you have as many bolt-on upgrades as possible including a ported intake... You're truck is not stock. Also when somebody says they ran a time in "bone stock" trim, to me that means stock tires and wheels. Running on slicks and long bars vs factory tires with no traction mods has got to be good for .4 of a second!

Yes, but you have as many bolt-on upgrades as possible including a ported intake... You're truck is not stock. Also when somebody says they ran a time in "bone stock" trim, to me that means stock tires and wheels. Running on slicks and long bars vs factory tires with no traction mods has got to be good for .4 of a second!

I agree with this, once you change / modify anything on the vehicle the term bone-stock is no longer valid.

Oh I agree I'm far from stock and in street tires and no traction system I'd be lucky to get a 12.6. Ridding that boat anchor automatic has still been my best mod though. Lmao :burnout:
Speaking of, you'll have a shiny ported intake to slap on in the next few days as well :smokin:

Oh I agree I'm far from stock and in street tires and no traction system I'd be lucky to get a 12.6. Ridding that boat anchor automatic has still been my best mod though. Lmao :burnout:
Speaking of, you'll have a shiny ported intake to slap on in the next few days as well :smokin:

12.6 on street tires? Didn't you go 12.7 on slicks last time we went to the track:chain:

12.6 on street tires? Didn't you go 12.7 on slicks last time we went to the track:chain:[

Only ran once since my 12.1 and I ran you and my pedal popped out of socket at the 1-2 shift, lol.
With same DA as my 12.1 night with only difference being street tires in sure I could muster a 12.6-12.7! My last couple times there were in the Jeep watching you. Really doesn't matter as going to the track on street tires is like getting head with your pants on. Feels good but you get nowhere!
Bwahaha

P.S.
Its time to lean your tune and put yours deeper in the 10s ;)

Last edited:
Current list:

1. Dom (505'sFastestViper) - 9.09 @ 148
2. J. Young (unregistered) - 9.71 @ 141
3. Mike (nowwhat) - 10.73 @ 125.1
4. Justin (ARRESTmeRed04) - 10.82 @ 125.xx
5. Craig (srt10x3) - 10.88 @ 127.12
6. Paul (Hilgee) - 10.9x @ 138.xx
7. Mike (1fast400) - 11.03 @ 123.71
8. Chris (VIPER) - 11.0x @ 125.xx
9. Tony (JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE) - 11.21 @ 126.74
10. Justin (JMB Justin) - 11.30 @ 119.7