10 Quickest SRT10's

Ken's situation is unique: He's a longstanding member, with no track record of deception, with tons of media showing his trucks, who he is, etc, and a time slip. I honestly have no reason to doubt him. There are a half dozen other trucks that fit towards the top of that list. But, I'm not adding them until I am convinced they are legit.

I also saw the time slip, and I give credit to Ken for the run. The only thing that bothers me about the time slip is.....I compared my 11.63 run to his 11.51 run and my speed was 117.99 to his 121.....but my ET from the 1/8th mile to the finish was .3 (3 full tenths) quicker than his....so if he had so much more power than me to run a full size weight truck on street tires that quick....how does my stock engine pull the last 1/8th mile .3 quicker. The street tire claim also bothers me, my engine is still stock, far less power than Ken's, and on street tires my truck is like being in water all through 1st and second gear....I really doubt that my truck would break into the 13's on street tires and I'm not that bad a driver!
Oh well, enough crying, my NA build will set things straight and give everyone something to shoot for....be prepared.

I also saw the time slip, and I give credit to Ken for the run. The only thing that bothers me about the time slip is.....I compared my 11.63 run to his 11.51 run and my speed was 117.99 to his 121.....but my ET from the 1/8th mile to the finish was .3 (3 full tenths) quicker than his....so if he had so much more power than me to run a full size weight truck on street tires that quick....how does my stock engine pull the last 1/8th mile .3 quicker. The street tire claim also bothers me, my engine is still stock, far less power than Ken's, and on street tires my truck is like being in water all through 1st and second gear....I really doubt that my truck would break into the 13's on street tires and I'm not that bad a driver!
Oh well, enough crying, my NA build will set things straight and give everyone something to shoot for....be prepared.

Just to play devils advocate, I believe he was running at elevation, which would explain some of the differences. Another good explanation is difference in shift times/consistency.

Half the people on this list don't even care it exists. No way are they going to jump through any hoops to make sure they "qualify". I'm not interested in a list of "fastest current members who jump through the hoops".

Im one of those members, if the boys want me off cause they need dna and video proof thats ok with me,,, I never put my self on this list others did.. That truck was a fun truck and non purpose built for anything other than blazing down the street.. and it sat close to 600rhwp on a dyno jet "

Now when and if I ever brake the Mile record ill be on that list as its a target that im specifically shooting for and wasting to much money on for that one reason..

if the boys want me off cause they need dna and video proof thats ok with me,,, I never put my self on this list others did..
What you said there perfectly summarizes what others feel. There is a guy with a legit 10 second truck that won't even talk to me about this list because he doesn't want to deal with all the people questioning him. My thread, my list. You're staying.

I'm about to drop off the list....son of a *itch....I've got work to do! I want my NA record back....some time early next year...hopefully my build will be done before the Feb Test and Tunes at famoso.

I hear you buddy, gonna have to get my wheels from Bogart quick. :D

Just to play devils advocate, I believe he was running at elevation, which would explain some of the differences. Another good explanation is difference in shift times/consistency.

Well not quite...at the 1/8th mile I am already in 4th, so no shifting is involved at that point. But you do have a point about altitude....I hadn't thought of that....but on the other hand...he was also going faster than my speed at the 1/8th and therefore covering more ground more quickly than I was and he was going 3 mph faster than I was at the end...again covering more ground faster than I was.....Hmmmm, if I was going slower at the 1/8th and slower at the 1/4 mile lights then how did I cover the last 1/8th mile in less time? Probably just a difference of the clock and timing setups at the different strips. That may explain why I was running 87 mph at the 1/8th this weekend at Sacramento and why I run 92-93 in the 1/8th at Famoso! This is fun.

Well not quite...at the 1/8th mile I am already in 4th, so no shifting is involved at that point. But you do have a point about altitude....I hadn't thought of that....but on the other hand...he was also going faster than my speed at the 1/8th and therefore covering more ground more quickly than I was and he was going 3 mph faster than I was at the end...again covering more ground faster than I was.....Hmmmm, if I was going slower at the 1/8th and slower at the 1/4 mile lights then how did I cover the last 1/8th mile in less time? Probably just a difference of the clock and timing setups at the different strips. That may explain why I was running 87 mph at the 1/8th this weekend at Sacramento and why I run 92-93 in the 1/8th at Famoso! This is fun.

Timing could be a factor it was not run on a Nhra track, it was run at a small private event track. Different elevation different everything.

Maybe his truck doesn't actually pull harder than yours, he just shifts quicker, making his 1/8th time quicker :D. Seriously though, with a stock height wheel and tire combo, and 4:10 gears, perhaps he didn't grab 4th until the second half of his run. That would mean he had one less shift during the first half, making it quicker, and an extra shift during the second, making it slower.

What you said there perfectly summarizes what others feel. There is a guy with a legit 10 second truck that won't even talk to me about this list because he doesn't want to deal with all the people questioning him. My thread, my list. You're staying.

This is just stupid. This is exactly what DRAG RACING is about. How do you think Grudge matches, street races, and every other type of racing goes. There is always doubters, that is why people say put up or shut up. Hit the track and lets see what you got, because I DONT BELIEVE you. Thats called racing. So if someone gets butt hurt over doubt then oh well. What the hell is the point of throwing times down then? People will question because there are so many of us who understand what it takes, so when something seems off (like a woman with an Adams apple), then it prob is. Just saying, again dont run away :) glad that last one made you laugh

This is just stupid. This is exactly what DRAG RACING is about. How do you think Grudge matches, street races, and every other type of racing goes. There is always doubters, that is why people say put up or shut up. Hit the track and lets see what you got, because I DONT BELIEVE you. Thats called racing. So if someone gets butt hurt over doubt then oh well. What the hell is the point of throwing times down then? People will question because there are so many of us who understand what it takes, so when something seems off (like a woman with an Adams apple), then it prob is. Just saying, again dont run away :) glad that last one made you laugh

While you and I feel comfortable here on the VTCoA and are interested in what our homies have to say, not everyone feels that way. Some people enjoy racing within their circle of friends and could care less what outside people think. Other people are in it purely for themselves. It's unbecoming to assume that everyone has the same motives, priorities, or values, as yourself.

I'm glad this thread motivates you to go faster. But, the point isn't to encourage "grudge matches" or "street racing". The goal is simply to document which 10's are the ten quickest.

While you and I feel comfortable here on the VTCoA and are interested in what our homies have to say, not everyone feels that way. Some people enjoy racing within their circle of friends and could care less what outside people think. Other people are in it purely for themselves. It's unbecoming to assume that everyone has the same motives, priorities, or values, as yourself.

I'm glad this thread motivates you to go faster. But, the point isn't to encourage "grudge matches" or "street racing". The goal is simply to document which 10's are the ten quickest.

More deep thoughts from Peaches.:D:D

I completly understand the point of the thread bubba, but what I was getting at was your friends inundated feelings toward a crowd who he has elicited feelings that are truly suppositious.

Now as for you second inclination, I was not encouraging GRUDGE matches, but yet simply stating that people asking questions because of disbelief is normal in the racing culture and thus becomes of said grudge and street warfare. :rock:

Hopefully now you wont find my statement as unbecoming but more to this hopefully your apprehension of my statements will clearly justify my standing good sir.

Last edited:
I completly understand the point of the thread bubba, but what I was getting at was your friends inundated feelings toward a crowd who he has elicited feelings that are truly suppositious.
This paragraph doesn't make sense. I even tried replacing your misplaced, uncommon vocabulary with dictionary definitions (see below).
I completely understand the point of the thread bubba, what I was getting at was your friends overwhelming feelings towards a crowd from whom he has drawn out a response that is based on assumption rather than fact.

Now as for you second inclination, I was not encouraging GRUDGE matches, but yet simply stating that people asking questions because of disbelief is normal in the racing culture and thus becomes of said grudge and street warfare. :rock:
I went ahead and tried to correct this paragraph without editing for sentence structure. Hope you don't mind :D.

Regarding what you said: there is a difference in questioning results and trying to implement rules as you previously tried to do by suggesting that people need timeslips, video, etc, to be put onto the list.

Last edited:
One thing I've noticed with most of us on this site is a lack of time slips and/or dyno sheets. Half the guys on this site or more don't even know how much power they make or how fast their trucks are, me included since I've yet to run down the 1/4 since adding my latest mods. I think collectively we all need to get better at hitting the track and dyno and actually backing up our mods and claims and eliminate the guessing. That's why I have in parentheses after my dyno numbers that my last known hp/tq at the dyno was before those 2 mods and at this point I can only guess what power those mods added, if at all. And the only 1/4 mile time I can claim is my one bone stock where I ran a 13.8, but I have not ran since (except a pull in the 1/8 which I don't have a slip for).

Last edited:
1. Dom (505'sFastestViper) - 9.09 @ 147
2. J. Young (unregistered) - 9.71 @ 141
3. Mike (nowwhat) - 10.73 @ 125.1
4. Craig (srt10x3) - 10.88 @ 127.12
5. Justin (ARRESTmeRed04) - 11.04 @ 122
6. Tony (JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE) - 11.21 @ 126.74
7. Justin (JMB Justin) - 11.30 @ 119.7
8. Ken (SRT10VENOMOUS) 11.51 @ 121
9. Rick (phxpoolguy) - 11.56 @ 118
10. Jerry (Trainman) - 11.63 @ 117.9

This paragraph doesn't make sense. I even tried replacing your misplaced, uncommon vocabulary with dictionary definitions (see below).

I went ahead and tried to correct this paragraph without editing for sentence structure. Hope you don't mind :D.

Regarding what you said: there is a difference in questioning results and trying to implement rules as you previously tried to do by suggesting that people need timeslips, video, etc, to be put onto the list.

LOL its hard to be pretentious while typing on my cell.

The reason i made those suggestions is for this simple fact.

Here is my recent timeslip. So please add me to the list. Also this was on street tires, full weight, and a 150 shot. Thanks.

Attachments

• Dodge Ram SRT10 time slip.jpg
    Dodge Ram SRT10 time slip.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 28
LOL its hard to be pretentious while typing on my cell.
That's because in reality you are not a pretentious person. ;)

The reason i made those suggestions is for this simple fact.

Here is my recent timeslip. So please add me to the list. Also this was on street tires, full weight, and a 150 shot. Thanks.
Sorry, that isn't anywhere near quick enough to be on the top 10 list. :D

Hopefully now you wont find my statement as unbecoming but more to this hopefully your apprehension of my statements will clearly justify my standing good sir.

Some nice big juicy words there boss man. Wayto confuse the little ppl

My bad Caveman I thought I posted my run from April.

It was my best pass of the year. I might try slicks later since I cant seem to beat this time on my street tires since I hit it in April at a four day event. I have to give special thanks to Venomous Racing since I really dont think it would be possible to put that traction down with out his system, and also thanks for him setting up my 175 shot so I could make this pull. It was hairy about the 1/8th mile but damn if she didnt stick and pull through the top end.

Attachments

• 10sec.jpg
    10sec.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 36

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back