200 mph standing mile in a dodge ram srt 10

From a gearing or longevity perspective? I think you're hosed with either transmission with the gearing and tires we have.

I think you're looking at a very non-traditional gearing setup for this sort of speed. Checkout the pics I submitted above - it needs to be push started it's geared so high!!!

I think a built auto would be just fine durability wise.

FATJACK said:
Would have to change back to the 6 speed. Don't think the automatic will do it.

walbert said:
That front is SRT "like". Its a big sticker. It doesnt have the brake ducts or the air inlet.
And boy is it low.
don't know if they moified it but on the wilson website it states it is theSRT 10 ram aero kit.........

Yes, they're a fun group of guys! They're throwing a blower on it next year. Puts them in a different class, but it's very cool stuff! :congrats: :congrats: They run data aquisition on it, measuring EGTs, crankcase pressures, fuel pressures, etc. to help with tuning and troubleshooting.

When you're going that fast, bad things happen quickly. They had a fuel fitting come loose, dumped fuel, started a fire, made a cylinder run lean, and blew a hole in that piston, all very very quickly.:mad:

But, they come prepared. Had it rebuilt and ready for his record setting run. Had some high crancase pressures, indicating blowby in that cylinder, but still set a class record!:rock: :rock: :congrats:

andrew heywood said:
Thatz crazy stupid fast for a straight 6...........:eek:

Attachments

• PDRM4689.JPG
    PDRM4689.JPG
    276.2 KB · Views: 105
If you are actually serious, i would get with Silver and talk seriously about it.

alot of things must be taken into considerations,

wind velocity, vehicle drage coeficient, hp vs drag, gearing, tranny gearing, suspension, tires,cooling, alot more to consider than a car, its like pushing a brick thru water, vs a needle

The window in the piston is fkn crazy........lotta thingz to consider like tony stated, they are good at what they the do...........:congrats:

I have not read through this entire thread, as I did not take it to serious, so if some of it's already been covered, I'm sorry for reposting it.

Horsepower is only one variable in an equation that has 50 or more variables.

Going fast is relatively easy. Doing it safely and within the rules of the sanctioning groups regulations is expensive. Just ask FstJack how much he has invested in his silver truck to get it certified to 8.50.

So, where are you planning on doing this? Figure that out and get their rule book. Determine what class you will be in, and make a list of all the things you need to do to become compliant. Price it out and then see if you still want to do it.

And I think I can almost garrantee you that a Gear Vendors O/D will not be allowed.

Up to 2,000 hp - GEAR VENDORS (parasitic loss less than 1 hp per 400) lends itself to success in virtually all LSR classes that use a transmission. Wide ratio transmissions are able to use the gear-splitting feature to greatly improve engine reliability as it comes up through the gears in a tighter rpm range so less time is spent at rpm's where the engine may not run well. We have been involved in Land Speed Racing for decades and our customers have set many records. Spal Diesel Bonneville 2007, Blowfish Bonneville 2006, Gear Vendors also set new records in 2007 for the standing mile at both the Nevada Classic High Noon Shootout and the Maxton Mile.

505'sFastestViper. said:
silver thanks for your response.....i am wanting to to this in a standing mile in texas or where ever my truck is already certed to 8.50s

Dom, take a look at the link below for the rules to run the Silver State Classic Challenge. This will give you an idea of what you need to do.

http://www.sscc.us/

Calculate HP For Speed

When I used this thing I got you need 40,000 horsepower for 200 miles per hour or you need 400

So I'm guessing you can tune your engine to make less power and spend tons of money making it a streamliner or spend tons of money puting a jet engine in your truck. Either way it's gonna be alot of bread. Good luck

gear vendors is in my future!!!!!!!!

Would hold the horsepower and really help you out with gearing. Love mine. If you chose to go that route call and ask for Rick. He's the owner and can talk you through all options they have to help.

Also it says up to 2000hp but if you want t built stronger they can do that too.

Joe

Last edited:
The guy who started this thread is banned from the forum, so he will not see your post unless someone shows it to him.

The guy who started this thread is banned from the forum, so he will not see your post unless someone shows it to him.

Good to know... Didn't even look to see how old it was. Maybe lock it ?
Joe

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back