2012 Callaway Silverado 540 SC

canviper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine just bought one of these. I didn't even know Callaway made these it was pretty cool. His had all the options upgraded black chrome rims and suspension options 5 inch lowered in rear, 2 inch in front and other options. I didn't have time to go for a cruise but it seemed pretty snappy when he took off. It's the 6.2L supercharged rated at 540 HP and 522 TQ.
I think he paid around $78,000.00 Canadian for it. He has the 2nd one in Canada he said. Pretty nice worth $78,000.00 not sure. :dontknow:

What I like is that there is also a Suburban and Tahoe options, I always wanted a FI Suburban :rock: :rock:.
So has anyone seen one of these they seem pretty cool for a chevy.
Also nice to have that power with 4x4 and tow 10000 lbs.

Not a lot of info on these trucks but here are a few links.http://www.callawaycars.com/cars/callaway-c19-sporttruck/
MAH Jewelz - Callaway Silverado SC540 Sport Truck - Wilson Niblett Motors - YouTube 2012 Callaway Silverado SC540 SportTruck First Drive - Motor Trend

Hope these links work if not some will fix them.

Last edited:
They never did clarify, but I'm willing to bet that hp number was at the crank. I saw that motortrend when it aired, and that tank left the line lazy as hell.

2005 Cadillac Escalade V - Road Test - Sport Truck Magazine

Don't think it will keep up with one of these!! AWD The SRT10 really had some impact with manufacturers. Why else would they be building these monsters!! :)

I wouldnt call the performance shop a manufacturer anymore than they should call what they built a V. It will never make it to any amount of production and is more of an advertising flagship for the other products they provide. For them to call it a V is as weak as some of the cummings guys putting Srt badges on. Don't care how much power it makes... It's not the original. Sure the discription of the "20 degree" drift the escalade made sounded dramatic and inspiring, but I'm even more sure the reality of its performance and reliabilty will leave many dissappointed.

The real V's are remarkable, but after test driving an escalade then immediately driving an infinity Q... I couldn't see what gm was thinking charging what they did for the underperforming pig when I could get more luxury, better ride, quicker braking, faster acceleration, with more fuel economy in a cheaper better looking package.

Does anyone else find it remarkable that at $78k the Callaway JUST matches or gets close to the performance of a 10 which at best is 6 years older. Sure it'll ride a lot better, but other than that it's just way overpriced.

Really all this truck is a 4x4 Chevy LTZ. With Callaway writing on it etc. Supercharged of course. You pay alot for the name. You could easily build a faster truck then this one for alot less I'm sure. Look at the Callaway site the SC is a $17,000.00 option and the black chrome rims are a $5000.00 option. So your paying alot for the Callaway name. I still think it's a cool unit and I'm glad to see companies building these trucks. But i'll never sell my 10.

SC540 callaway

what he(the guy from camrose) forgot to mention is my SC540 destroyed the SRT 10 in the local 100 footer.. my callaway won the division at 2.95 secs(trophy).. the SRT 10 was 3.4 secs(huge difference)... and if you all remember the SRT 10 were near the same price as the current SC540... as was mentioned earlier the Callaway is "just" a silverado with a super charger.. the SRT-10 was just a ram with the V-10.. lol anyways.. the callaway has proven itself at the local 100 footer and I'm sure would prove itself beyond that as well .... (against the original "modified Ram" SRT-10) not everyones tuned by whomever, and modified by joe blow...

Wow! I cant wait to start racing 100ft drag strips.:chain:

what he(the guy from camrose) forgot to mention is my SC540 destroyed the SRT 10 in the local 100 footer.. my callaway won the division at 2.95 secs(trophy).. the SRT 10 was 3.4 secs(huge difference)... and if you all remember the SRT 10 were near the same price as the current SC540... as was mentioned earlier the Callaway is "just" a silverado with a super charger.. the SRT-10 was just a ram with the V-10.. lol anyways.. the callaway has proven itself at the local 100 footer and I'm sure would prove itself beyond that as well .... (against the original "modified Ram" SRT-10) not everyones tuned by whomever, and modified by joe blow...

:p:heeeelllllooooo::laugh::bs::eek:rly::needpics:

Really 100' awesome that's so cool maybe all drag strips Will go to this save me some gas.

Dumb o so dumb

Last edited:
its basically a regular silverado with bolt-ons. it will be like the joe gibbs or other trucks with zero book value. No one will know how to book it so resale i bet will suck. our trucks are number v10 trucks.. Ill take our srt10 anyday over this... no brainer

Where are located?

I'm sure there are a few here that wouldn't mind putting their Ram up against a Callaway.

Ya know, for science.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back