4.88 install

mauiSRT/10

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dropped the truck off at the dealer on Tuesday at 6;45 AM. I get a free rental car for one day since I was getting the oil lines fixed..........it was a minivan!! Sorry I didnt take a pic!! LOL

I drop the minivan off at 11;30 today Weds and check out my truck up on the lift with the back wheels off and the diff completly empty!:dontknow: Turns out the tech was held up yesterday and wouldnt finish till late today or most likey on Thursday. :( :( :( Boo

Well I doubt I can pick it up on Thursday, so I probably wont see my 10 until Friday.

Patience my young Jedi!!!:( :( :( Boo!!!! LOL

They did have a charger srt 8 show up (first one on the island) and man does that look cool. Nice front grill. Also like how they have srt engraved into the wheels. Unfortinatly, it still kinda looks rental car ish to me. Its those 4 doors and the hundreds on the road as rental cars!!

patrick

Texas Yellow Fever said:
We expect a full report by 11:00 Friday...LOL!!!

Well it should read something like this. I got the truck, seems to work fine but since I cant rev it past 2 or 3k, I cant really say how good it is!!!! lol

Shit, I just want it installed properly!!! No whistles, whines, or grinding!!! LOL

patrick

Still loving mine!
Oh, it also helps with those very annoying 10mph crawls that turn into violent lash/surges, if you've been in that kind of traffic like I do here at the 101 & 405.

oh man I know you are stoked.....you might as well just drive around the island all weekend racking up miles!!!! are there any good roads you can haul on there? hows the surf been? we got a tropical storm coming for us....at least we'll get some wind out of the deal and get some kitboarding in.....looking to do a 40 mile downwinder on saturday w/ 12 or 14 meter kite and my surfboard...supposed to be head high..beach break the whole way!

Oh and about the charger....I just rented one of those on my trip in MI....couldn't even get the 6 cylinder to powerbreak.....I did beat a pontiac grand prix though!!!!

Rice Eater said:
Oh and about the charger....I just rented one of those on my trip in MI....couldn't even get the 6 cylinder to powerbreak.....I did beat a pontiac grand prix though!!!!

Yeah, I was gonna as Patrick if he, at least, did a few burnouts in the minivan?:p Maybe rev up the engine and slam-shift the trans into gear?:eek: Power-slides with the parking brake?:bike: Anything?:dontknow:

Nothing like the fun of beating on a rental. We had a guy at our company, he used to be our CISO, and he was legendary for trashing them. I was returning a car the same time as him once, and his wouldn't even go into reverse anymore, and was leaking so many different fluids you couldn't tell what was what LOL. This was after just 1 day!

A couple more days in that minivan and you might find yourself liking it Patrick hehehehehe

the charger i rented was returned with a few nice dents on the sill above the drives side window resulting from my drunk ass locking the keys in the car and my dumb ass cousin trying to break into it with a screw drive / coat hanger....ended up calling a locksmith for 40 buckss! Rental car never noticed though!

I know one guy at work that only buys used rental cars. No F'ing way would I ever buy one of those things. I know how I drive the piss out of them, and I'm probably not in the minority.

Thursday Update

Thursday Update:

Called the dealer around noon to see if its was ready to be picked up. I actually finished work early but.......they told me, the kit of gears I had did not include the bearings or bearing cups so they had to aquire the parts and would be installing today but unlikey that they would finish today.

First I was told by Devin at Unitrax that I did not need anything else. That the dealer could reuse the bearings that are already in there. As long as they have the tools to remove them and dont damage them. Second, I never heard of a bearing cup? Finally what should I be paying for those parts since I am sure they will try to charge me for them?

patrick

mauiSRT/10 said:
Forgot to mention I am gonna do that in the morning. I was just looking here to get the groups input as well.

patrick
the bearings are a tapered bearing, 2 piece, and the cup is the race it rides in, just like your front wheel bearings. its easier to change the bearings, than it is to try an reuse the old ones.

mauiSRT/10 said:
Thanks Boomer. I wish Unitrax would have let me know that. Devin said they could just reuse. Any idea what they should cost me?

patrick
nope, the bearings are not that expensive, you could cross check the price thru any bearing suply house or another dodge dealer. you are better off to put in new bearings, i always do, just to be safe

BOOMER said:
nope, the bearings are not that expensive, you could cross check the price thru any bearing suply house or another dodge dealer. you are better off to put in new bearings, i always do, just to be safe

Well then I am glad to have new ones in there. Thanks Boom.

Are you guys using some Maui Island Secret down there in FL or do you need a new shipment? Got sunburn? I got Burn to Brown Healing Gel for it!!!! LOL

patrick

mauiSRT/10 said:
Well then I am glad to have new ones in there. Thanks Boom.

Are you guys using some Maui Island Secret down there in FL or do you need a new shipment? Got sunburn? I got Burn to Brown Healing Gel for it!!!! LOL

patrick
you are so good to me! rachel LOVES your stuff, products i mean;)
byw your cost on a new shifter is 450, if and when you are ready for one

BOOMER said:
you are so good to me! rachel LOVES your stuff, products i mean;)
byw your cost on a new shifter is 450, if and when you are ready for one

Super duper dude!! I just want to unload the gen 1 first. Nothing wrong with it, I just gotta have the latest greatest!!

patrick

mauiSRT/10 said:
Super duper dude!! I just want to unload the gen 1 first. Nothing wrong with it, I just gotta have the latest greatest!!

patrick
Just F'n buy the new one and get it over with like me. You know yer gonna anyway. The old one will sell in time.:D

p.s. Dude, you're gonna have a stupid-azz grin on your face when you finally get to hammer on your truck!:D :rock: :D :rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back