4.88 install

Congrats Patrick!!!
I can't wait to hear your response after you break them in.
Mas

We know that you will like the 4.88's on the track...let us know how you think it has changed the daily driving...

mauiSRT/10 said:
I got my gears muthafockers!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah baby!!!!

Somebody else put it this way....."truck feels like it should have come from the factory this way". I would have to agree!

patrick
I said that about my 4.56's, and I'm sure your 4.88's are similar.:rock:

Sounds as if they installed them correctly - that's always nice too. Glad to hear that worked out for you.

Now go burn up a tankfull so you can have some real fun!!:D :D

Patrick,

Glad they got her back together for ya!! Don't forget to change the fluid after about 1500 miles or so!!

Have fun burning rubber!!:burnout: :rock:

Congrats! Keep us posted on your thoughts after you get them broken in...since everyone likes the 4:88s so well, I've been wondering what 5:13s (or whatever the next step is) would be like...

From what I've gathered 5.13 would offer no more benefits unless you go with slicks in the rear at the track.
The effect of 5.13's would be the same with 4.88 gears on stock tires & wheels. If I am wrong someone please clarify.

Hmmm, it's been 23 hours since I posted on this thread and Patrick hasn't been back here yet? He must be out breaking in those gears!!:D :rock: :driver: :burnout:

Or replacing the tires... :burnout:

i am sure he didn't get lost... :rolleyes:

Hamrhead said:
Hmmm, it's been 23 hours since I posted on this thread and Patrick hasn't been back here yet? He must be out breaking in those gears!!:D :rock: :driver: :burnout:

:D Crazy thing is, I have been so busy with work, I havent driven my truck since I brought it home on Tuesday!

This weekend, I will burn some fuel!!!

patrick

mauiSRT/10 said:
:D Crazy thing is, I have been so busy with work, I havent driven my truck since I brought it home on Tuesday!

This weekend, I will burn some fuel!!!

patrick
'Atta boy!! Be gentle!!:D

Marc T said:
Patrick,

She broken in yet? You had a whole WE to paly!!

Lets hear some news!!!:dontknow: :p

Yeah - Mileage Update puhleeeze??:dontknow: :D

Hamrhead said:
Yeah - Mileage Update puhleeeze??:dontknow: :D

Well I had family in over the weekend so not much driving unfortinatly. I have put 100 miles on her since the install.

Things I have noticed. I filled up with gas and cleared the overhead computor. It was reading 8.2 around town, lots of stoplights. Drove to the other side tonight (closest thing to highway style) and computor went up to 12.5 or so. I was driving real easy. In fifth and sixth as much as possible. MPG seems down about 2 mpg at this point. Dont know if thats normal or what, just an observation.

I also noticed that even with a slight amount of gas at take off (after the clutch is out) the rear tires want to spin a little. Hmmm, whats this mean when I can actually get on the gas?:D :burnout: :rock:

So far it feels great. Lots of shifting but thats ok. I imagine when I can get on it, its gonna scream and feel way lighter.

patrick

mauiSRT/10 said:
Well I had family in over the weekend so not much driving unfortinatly. I have put 100 miles on her since the install.

Things I have noticed. I filled up with gas and cleared the overhead computor. It was reading 8.2 around town, lots of stoplights. Drove to the other side tonight (closest thing to highway style) and computor went up to 12.5 or so. I was driving real easy. In fifth and sixth as much as possible. MPG seems down about 2 mpg at this point. Dont know if thats normal or what, just an observation.

I also noticed that even with a slight amount of gas at take off (after the clutch is out) the rear tires want to spin a little. Hmmm, whats this mean when I can actually get on the gas?:D :burnout: :rock:

So far it feels great. Lots of shifting but thats ok. I imagine when I can get on it, its gonna scream and feel way lighter.

patrick

I know it doesn't mean squat compared to where you live, but I took a 80 mile trip (each way) to the track earlier this year and I managed almost 16mpg - at 70-75mph most of the way.

I would think your mpg would at least stay the same, if not improve. IF you can control yourself!:laugh: :aetsch: :rofl: Yeah right...

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back