4.88 install

I am thinking of doing this but im also thinking of the Roe supercharger. I thought i read somewhere that it is bad to use these gears with the supercharger? Is that correct or will it not effect the supercharger?

Thanks guys

well bud, it depends, It really will not"hurt" the Sc'r , but you will go thru 1st and 2nd REAL damn quick!

Maybe Nowwhat will chime in , he has doen tons of research!

turbo_neon said:
I am thinking of doing this but im also thinking of the Roe supercharger. I thought i read somewhere that it is bad to use these gears with the supercharger? Is that correct or will it not effect the supercharger?

Thanks guys

Tony is right, you should stick with your stockers if you plan to SC. You probably would run out of gear during the 1/4 mile and have to shift to 5th!!:mad: That would suck!

I do not plan to SC, so its bolt on's and gears for me.

patrick

I'm only running the 4.56:1/set-up, and I have NO first gear without slicks! lol
I run around town with the stock rears @ 22/psi. lol
You will have to upgrade your tires for traction with the 4.88:1/gears. Maybe not full slicks, but a cheater/slick....:rock:

Quick

patrick, need an update...jeeeez it takes you a long time to put on 500mi.:banghead:

Not to Hi-Jack this thread but I have 300 miles on mine. I figure that 100 miles was plenty to break them in.

Wanted to go to the strip Tuesday but IRP is not open until after the Nationals on Labor Day weekend, so that will have to wait.

As far as general driving, you go through the first four gears real quick with the 4:88's. The truck is a lot more fun to drive on the low end and 5th & 6th gears are actually usable around town now.

If you don't like a bunch of shifting don't do the 4:88's.
If you like a more throttle responsive truck - do it!

john

Last edited:
SANCHOBA said:
patrick, need an update...jeeeez it takes you a long time to put on 500mi.:banghead:
Yeah, WTF Patrick?:dontknow:

You should be smokin' your tires well into 3rd gear by now...:p :D

Hamrhead said:
Yeah, WTF Patrick?:dontknow:

You should be smokin' your tires well into 3rd gear by now...:p :D
Hey you guys give the guy a break he is probably dizzy from driving around the island 30 times.:D :D :D Come on Patrick only 20 more to go.:p :D

UNIBOY said:
Hey you guys give the guy a break he is probably dizzy from driving around the island 30 times.:D :D :D Come on Patrick only 20 more to go.:p :D

LOL !!!! Funny guys!! I actually have 70 more to go. I have not driven it since Sunday. I am just so busy with work, I just crash when I get home. I will finish the break in this weekend and post.

John is absolutly correct. I got through the first 4 gears just driving anywhere around town. I use 5th all the time now. With the 4.10's at 50 mph I was at 2k in fourth. Now its just seems proper to put her into 5th gear at 50 mph. I dont remember the exact rpm with the 4.88's but I think around 2.5 in 4th at 50 mph.

Truck feels really good. Very responsive. I cant wait to jump on it.

patrick

Marc T said:
She's ready and waiting!!!:burnout: :D
Yeah, at this point I doubt 70 miles +/- will make or break ya!

Time TO Dump The Clutch!!!:rock: :rock: :D :D :driver: :thefinger: :eek: :rofl: :beer:

Hamrhead said:
Yeah, at this point I doubt 70 miles +/- will make or break ya!

Time TO Dump The Clutch!!!:rock: :rock: :D :D :driver: :thefinger: :eek: :rofl: :beer:

Prolly so!!!!! LOL

Well only 39 more to go!!

Went out and cruised around some. Throttle response is so awesome. Truck feels like its always in the sweetspot rpm range. No hammer drops yet............patience my young jedi's!!!:D

patrick

mauiSRT/10 said:
Prolly so!!!!! LOL

Well only 39 more to go!!

Went out and cruised around some. Throttle response is so awesome. Truck feels like its always in the sweetspot rpm range. No hammer drops yet............patience my young jedi's!!!:D

patrick
I told you.:p :D :rock:

mauiSRT/10 said:
Prolly so!!!!! LOL

No hammer drops yet............patience my young jedi's!!!:D

patrick

...tease...:p

mauiSRT/10 said:
Check this pic out!! 7825 is the magic number. LOL

Yes you did Uni !!! Thank you brother!

Not much driving today....watching the Bristol race!!

patrick
Sheeeoooott! Get it done already!! And go get some friggin' gas...:p

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back