48RE solenoids help

Hey I'll sell you a Rebuilt tranny with 1.5 year warranty for 2000 bucks thats with billet converter and some other stuff. ;) :)

Yellow venom said:
What about sending your tranny there? Is your truck parked for the winter? I'm going to get the whole kit he recommends,no one around here has a clue with these tranny's in these trucks around here!:dontknow: Hopefully I will get it pulled out very soon and get the parts ordered:rock:

My truck is still under warranty and the dealer is working with me because they know the parts they are getting for the transmissions are crap. That is what keeps me from sending it out. In other words they are willing to replace the parts I request and not charge me the labor because they can't fix it with factory parts. That is why I am trying to pinpoint the weakness in the trans and get rid of the garbage and replace it with quality parts.

If I had no warranty and no other option I would send it out in a second.

I had mine built with the servo blocker and 4.2 lever and they did it.

Transmission was a monster and I BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SlvrSnake said:
My truck is still under warranty and the dealer is working with me because they know the parts they are getting for the transmissions are crap. That is what keeps me from sending it out. In other words they are willing to replace the parts I request and not charge me the labor because they can't fix it with factory parts. That is why I am trying to pinpoint the weakness in the trans and get rid of the garbage and replace it with quality parts.

If I had no warranty and no other option I would send it out in a second.

Ok,That makes sense then,are you going to get all the stuff swapped out that Dusty recomends?

Yellow venom said:
Ok,That makes sense then,are you going to get all the stuff swapped out that Dusty recommends?

Yep, went with Dusty's recommendations. We will see what happens. I will let everyone know the results after everything is completed and truck is put back together again. I went his full recommendation so we will see how it works out. $600 in parts to slap in the beast.:argh:

My thought is that instead of just trying a couple parts here and couple parts there, just swap it all. ValveBody, springs, accumulator, servo blocker, and some other goodies.

Lever right?

Hope it works out, some folks just st!t on me when I was talking so happily about the tranny in the red truck when it was overhauled.

You'll love it man! PROMISES!

bigike said:
Lever right?

Hope it works out, some folks just st!t on me when I was talking so happily about the tranny in the red truck when it was overhauled.

4-2 lever is part of it,I'm getting the same stuff too:rock:

bigike said:
Lever right?

Lever and thicker strut, probably not needed but what the hell.

Since, I am not going FI, I opted not to go with upgraded cluthces and was going to have the factory ones replaced. However, that is likely to change as I think about it more.

I got lost in what you guys are changing. Can one of you post a list of what your are doing?

a 4 to 2 ratio lever to replace the 5 to 1 lever it will let it shift out faster no lag into 3rd BIG PROBLEM. I don't know what the servo blocker is but thes two parts helped me.

He's also getting a Valve body that is lapped and tuned.

FlyingLow said:
I got lost in what you guys are changing. Can one of you post a list of what your are doing?

Originally Posted by dhawk
THE 4.2 LEVER IS AN EXCELLENT START.
V/B
SERVO UPGRADE
4.2 LEVER
FRT CLUTCH ADJUSTMENT
STRUT
BAND

DUSTY HAWK

This is most of it,there's a few other parts too.

What is lapped and tuned

Seems like a lot of cash. Wouldn't it be cheaper to get the new tranny from Stinker for 3K with a warranty?

Lapping the metal to metal fits between the plate so they actually seal and eliminate the port to port comunication.

Tuning is what tranny builders do to make it shift at the right time and firmness. its the right way to do a shift kit. buy a vlv body.

I did buy a VB from Suncoast But have no idea as to what they did to modify it...any help on this....

Yellow venom said:
What about sending your tranny there? Is your truck parked for the winter? I'm going to get the whole kit he recommends,no one around here has a clue with these tranny's in these trucks around here!:dontknow: Hopefully I will get it pulled out very soon and get the parts ordered:rock:

Easy there Joe....you are making the hard-working Canadian tranny guys look bad...;)
Ricky's Racing transmissions in Calgary has mine working well (but it took a few tries)... :)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back