600+ RWHP club

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Since we have a ton of people now wanting more power:rock:

I thought it might be a great idea to list the mods and power adders of the higher hp trucks.

Plus give us details on all the mods, a relative price you paid, your experience with the person or persons that modded or tuned the truck.

How many miles it has on the modifications, and how reliable it has been.

Plus , and this may be the most important part to new members, whether or not you had any problems arrise after getting the truck back, and how freindly or helpful the builder was to help with the problems.

We have some great vendors here and tuners, and this will give all the new members a good taste of what to do, and whom to take it to, and also what to expect down the road, which to me is the most important part.

But please and I ask the mods to moderate this thread, and possibly make it a sticky,Please dont be afraid to list the bad, I will ask the mods to keep this thread non violent and to delete any arguments that may possibly arrise.
The reason I say this may pertain to my first post:D

I have a pro turbo twin turbo kit, with 67mm turbos, the kit itself is a good quality, and well crafted. paid $10,000 for being guiney pig

I also have billet mains, oliver rods, and weisco pistons, stock heads , x-metal TB, no cats, magnaflow cat back, and a Vec III, and a blitz boost controller.$10,000

I dont know much about the engine builder, but David at ART in tx did most of the work and the work he did was excellent.David didnt charge any labor due to Pro turbo

The problem that arrose was Pro turbo decided to drive the truck 100 miles on a stock tune instead of haulin it to the tuner, and I eventually lost #3 piston due to detonation, resulting in the engine build..

Underground Racing stepped in when I brought the truck home , and was very helpful instraightening out a few issues, like the fuel pump, and the clutch, and KC did an awesome job on tuning the truck with the VEC III. Fuel pump $3500, clutch $2000 tuning $1000

Rear axle assembly $3500 self installed

results 749rwhp 804trq low boost of 13 lbs 1030rwhp and 1122 trq hi boost 30 lbs

Although the truck was in Pro turbos possesion, they would take responsibilty for the engine damage at all.

conclusion
would I suggest David Weaver at ART definitly,,,, a first class viper tech:rock:

would I suggest UGR to anyone?...........absolutly:rock: :rock:

would I suggest anyone to Pro turbo?....not even if I didnt like the person:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Last edited:
You should also list what kind of HP and Torque you guys are getting. Inquiring minds want to know. :D

amtrucker22 said:
You should also list what kind of HP and Torque you guys are getting. Inquiring minds want to know. :D

I hope my cousin dies soon so I can get my 200k:D Can't wait

I have Roe TMTS w/6psi on stock engine. Along with that I also Have ROE TB VEC 3 and Billy Boat exhaust with HF cats. I have not had it dynoed but a good educated guess would be around 600 HP.
I have not had any problems with it at all after approximately 6000 miles including a RT to MoparNats! It runs better than I first got it.
All the work was done by a Dodge Dealer and as far as that goes I cannot find enough good things to say about Chuck Tator and his crew.
The cost was as follows:

Roe SC and Meth kit: $7500
BB exhaust 2000
Labor 2000

This in itself totally transformed the truck into something else and gave true meaning to the term " Pickup Truck":D . As others have pointed out with this type of power you are approaching the limits of what a reasonable person woul considere safe and sane. For another $8000 I can have the dealer
beef up the internals and boost the power to around 700 hp which would be the upper limit of this.
IMHO thats about as far as I would go on the street with this truck mainly do to safety. It's even plenty of fun just the way it is now.

So to sum it up to get to the maximum usable HP on the street my cost will essentially be $20K
Steve

Last edited:
I was the prototype Roe Racing Top Mount Twin Screw (It should have been NBT, but he was off fighting hurricanes or something brave and crazy like that), except for 1Fast400. Mikes install was a racing truck with designs on Mid-10's and just not streetable. He had transmission issues, oil pump issues and a few other issues may still not be resolved but those are personal matters. So I was #1 for Sean Roe.

I wanted a street quick machine...not a race machine. So my internal engine is box stock, it was strong (468 hp stock), but no beefing up was done.

In July of 2006 Sean started with a cat delete, Mopar long tube headers, and Magnaflow. He added a 172 degree thermostat, CenterForce Clutch and Viper Slave and Master cylinders. Next he added a Water Meth system and the VEC III Piggyback Programmer and a card reader located inside the cab of the truck.

One of my early mods was the addition of the Gen IV shifter from X-Metal, and tossed the Hurst POS, which solved the "3rd Gear" entry problem that most of us have encountered.

Then in September of 2006 he started on the install of his recently completed Top Mount Twin Screw Supercharger.

After the initial install I drove it for a few weeks with only two or three people aware that one was installed...Marc T, BigBlkQC, and Big Perm were in on the secret...and I had already fallen in love with Amy.

Then after a few more days of fine tuning and lots of dyno and track time (during which I had Seans GTS in my hands and under my foot :rock: :rock: :burnout: :burnout: We were ready to announce the install to the world. So we had a GTG at Seans new shop in Green Cove Springs...what a great day.

That was over a year ago...since then I have added the "Sinker Rear End" with 4:56 gears, the Lokor, and Wilwood brakes to facilitate use of 16 inch slicks with M&H rubber. I have also recently added the new Roe TB.

From a looks perspective I have had Boomer lower the truck and he also added Caltracs. Boomer also added a new CenterForce Clutch, and a new throw out bearing. Along the way I added Moe's drive shaft loop, and de-badged.

My experience with Roe Racing has been flawless...I really don't know costs with him...I think the SC was around $6k....I just gave him a bucket of money and when it would get a little low I would just add more. Every time I email Sean I have an answer the same day or at the latest the next day. Most of you know I hate phone conversations.

I have taken the same $ approach with Gary at X-Metal...I gave him a bucket and he let me know when I needed to add a little more. I have had no problems with Gary either. There was a time that he got behind in production of some things but I did not have a time commitment from him so I just got in line like everyone else...then he broke his arm...but that all got better...then he broke his ribs...and then, and then...but looking at Rachel calms my nerves. Gary treats me like family and let me drive a very special truck he owns while he was working on mine.

I have had no problems with anything. The supercharger has maybe 12,000 miles on it...no problems.

I did get the VEC III box wet and it played hell with the engine until it dried out. Now I have Eddie's VEC Cover and all is well.

I have one issue that Justin and I are working on: My engine pushes a lot of oil out of the breathers...and even with a mild 5.6 lbs of boost, the oil catch can gets overpowered under heavy acceleration. Working on the issue...almost have it solved, will know in a week or so.

I am perfectly happy.

I have all the speed and horsepower this old man can handle.

Sean Roe and Gary Virgin are welcome in my house any time and I would always treat them as family as they have treated me.

My heads/cam truck was not in 600 rwhp club but I feel it was a great option nonetheless. My truck only made 535 rwhp and 567 rwtrq. However, my truck walked my neighbors 630 rwhp Paxton truck on the 1/4 mile track and on the street from a 50 mph roll. :rock: :rock: :rock:

I did the following mods myself:
Stage II PCM
Belanger Headers
Belanger High flow cats
Magnaflow catback
Centerforce Clutch
X-Metal lowering kit
B&M Shifter

I had JMB install his CAI, 4.56 rear end and stage II traction kit.

I had PBJ port/polish the heads, port match the intake runners, port the OEM throttle body. PBJ Custom grind cam with T&D roller rockers. PBJ also installed a VEC 2 and Joe Donovan tuned it.

I came out of the heads/cam build at somewhere around $6k because I shopped around the net for all the parts at the best prices. You can pay retail for it all and do it for 7K.

I would HIGHLY recommend PBJ or JMB Performance. They are both great guys and both know their stuff.

Sorry if I don't belong on this thread but I thought it was worth mentioning. :rock:

First Stage:
Paxton purchased from and installed by x-metal. Mopar long tube headers, catless mids, magnaflow exhaust, VEC2, B&G blower flash. 650 rwhp and 670 tq. Cost around 10 grand. No problems until the VEC screwed up around the 20k mile mark resulting in a blown motor. Along the way blew stock tranny and went with billet Suncoast(~$7,000) which burned up and was replaced by Suncoast under warranty.

Gary has always treated me well and if I have a complaint it is that he is not speedy about installs. He is an excellent tuner and really knows these trucks, I have complete confidence in his work.

Stage 2:
Still in the works. Rebuilt motor by Proline, CP pistons, Oliver rods, billet mains and caps, custom grind cam, headwork, stroked crank to chevy specs, Crower roller rockers, ARP studs, etc... $13,500

Stinker rear axle $3500, Caltracs

Custom nitrous, exhaust with electric cutouts, and fuel system by x-metal

Paxton, nitrous going back on and tuned by x-metal via SCT programmer. No numbers as of yet, Gary has been set back by motorcycle injury but should be finished pretty soon. I'll update with output and additional $$ info after it is finished.

Joe

All of my mods are listed in my sig. Main power adder has been the Zex Truck Nitrous System. Cost for the basic system was only $540 then I added an extra bottle, bottle heater and pressure guage. I have ran the 150 shot close to 50 1/4 mile passes with no issues on 93 Octane and results have been 12.0 to 12.3 @ 116mph consistently even in the heat of the FL summer. I never had it dyno'd. I bought the kit from www.newlevelmotorsports.com

Besides that just the basic bolt ons. All installs were done by me. One word of advice to those looking to upgrade their clutch and flywheel......ONLY do the clutch! I put the centerforce and fidenza flywheel in and the flywheel wore out before the clutch! I think the findenza's are better suited for the viper cars. I am now running centerforce with stock flywheel and am very happy. In the near future I'll be installing a VecIII and using it as a widow switch to control the nitrous.

ViperTruck2933 said:
My heads/cam truck was not in 600 rwhp club but I feel it was a great option nonetheless. My truck only made 535 rwhp and 567 rwtrq. However, my truck walked my neighbors 630 rwhp Paxton truck on the 1/4 mile track and on the street from a 50 mph roll. :rock: :rock: :rock:

I did the following mods myself:
Stage II PCM
Belanger Headers
Belanger High flow cats
Magnaflow catback
Centerforce Clutch
X-Metal lowering kit
B&M Shifter

I had JMB install his CAI, 4.56 rear end and stage II traction kit.

I had PBJ port/polish the heads, port match the intake runners, port the OEM throttle body. PBJ Custom grind cam with T&D roller rockers. PBJ also installed a VEC 2 and Joe Donovan tuned it.

I came out of the heads/cam build at somewhere around $6k because I shopped around the net for all the parts at the best prices. You can pay retail for it all and do it for 7K.

I would HIGHLY recommend PBJ or JMB Performance. They are both great guys and both know their stuff.

Sorry if I don't belong on this thread but I thought it was worth mentioning. :rock:

you will always belong brother:rock:

paxton 700rwhp
Direct port NOS 350 shot

add them togehter on a safe tune for low 900's for hp and trq at the wheels...

$$$---whew....

the paxton hasn't had a hiccup in 15k miles....the nos on the other hand cooked some stock pistons.....:D

This is awesome guys ! thanks:rock:

Keep em comming , I know this is helping fellars out:rock:

C'mon Nowwhat give up on the dollars:D

what Exotic engine 20k?

NOS 6k?

You NOS is a work of art:rock:

Stinker said:
This is awesome guys ! thanks:rock:

Keep em comming , I know this is helping fellars out:rock:

C'mon Nowwhat give up on the dollars:D

what Exotic engine 20k?

NOS 6k?

You NOS is a work of art:rock:

Nos was north of 8....exotic was 20ish....trans was 7....rear end was 4....paxton with goodies 12........sheesh.....:D

Power: 640/790 at the wheels
ET: 11:30
MPH 119.7

Power Mods:
Belanger headers
Custom dual true 3" catless exhaust
JMB CAI
X-metal TB (added after dyno and times)
100% stock longblock, no internal mods
VEC3 with PBJ Tune
JMB NX setup, 50 dry, 125 wet

All work by JMB, tune by PBJ, would highly recommend both :)

Price for everything new without labor would be about $5500

I am really pleased with the setup, it makes huge torque down low to propel this tank out of the hole and run impressive times.

Justin

Nowwhat said:
Nos was north of 8....exotic was 20ish....trans was 7....rear end was 4....paxton with goodies 12........sheesh.....:D

Yeah it gets painful when someone makes you actually start adding this crap up!

Joe

i dont know if im in the 600 hp range cause i haven't had it dyno'd. got 400's kit for $3500.00(which was a steal imo) added the mopar cam. paid $300.00 from a board member here. hardened push rods $200.00 msd wires$90.00 bassani headers $1100.00 X-Metal T/B $590.00 also got his valve covers but they dont add HP just a lot of bling. Vec3 $1100.00 46 lb. injectors $500.00 labor $2000.00 timing chain set $300.00(est.) so $9680.00 or 10k is where im at on mine. i imagine ill have to put 6 or 7 in a tranny and torque converter in the near future. it needs it now to get the most out of the roe. Bone's ran so much better than mine before his mishap loved the way his shifted. i drove mine to ohio and back and been to the beach and back a few time over the summer. havent had any trouble out of mine other than traction also got cal tracs another 300.00 but they dont seem to help at the track. work better on the street.

JMB Justin said:
Power: 640/790 at the wheels
ET: 11:30
MPH 119.7

Power Mods:
Belanger headers
Custom dual true 3" catless exhaust
JMB CAI
X-metal TB (added after dyno and times)
100% stock longblock, no internal mods
VEC3 with PBJ Tune
JMB NX setup, 50 dry, 125 wet

All work by JMB, tune by PBJ, would highly recommend both :)

Price for everything new without labor would be about $5500

I am really pleased with the setup, it makes huge torque down low to propel this tank out of the hole and run impressive times.

Justin

add two more doors and come see me...lol:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back