Another open letter. To Jack and Patrick

Django

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dear Jack,

Over the years we've had less and less opportunity to talk in person or even on the phone- free from the misunderstandings that are so common in writing. As has been rightly said so many times, "on the forum, there is no inflection".

That being the case, the respect that we once had for each other went south due to some (hopefully) errant suppositions on both sides... We've already covered those on the phone. Needless to say, these things can completely destroy a good relationship. And almost did.

For my part, I sincerely apologize. :eek:

Suffice it so say, I was precipitant, rash and impolite to call you at 10:30 at night with a wild hair up my ass about something that I (erroneously) believed you had directed towards me. Again, I am sorry.

My greatest hope is that we can move forward free from the incumberances that once hindered us from complete and sincere understanding of each other....We are both mature men with (presently) more than we can handle in our lives. And it's at times like these that we need to cherish our friends, not alienate them....

I'm very sorry for my part in this whole damn thing.... I ask your forgiveness....

Patrick, what can I say except thanks for everything. Our relationship has been mercifully free from any misunderstanding (thus far). And you hung in there with Jack and I on the phone that night until we both softened enough to understand what had been lost between us. Your patience and perseverance won the day....

You rock..... 'specially for a younger man... You have wisdom beyond your years. I honor and respect that....:congrats:

About me:

It's been (predictably) said by my detractors that I think I own the forum, that I am disrespectful to new members, (uh let's see) and that I recklessly, needlessly and habitually use language as a weapon in a manner that is excessive and disrespectful to others.

In my own defense, I can say that when someone dislikes the writer or has a preconceived notion of any of these things, the deck can easily be stacked against one to begin with. He is a rude and dirty POS before he even strikes the first key. So, please bear in mind that I'm not blanketly pleading guilty to all of these accusations.

Be that (all) as it may.....

I now have the unenviable task of reinventing my forum personna. This will require that some more of you will go on ignore. It will also require that I preface any comments of conspicuous disagreement with language that does its best to imbue upon the reader that (although) I strongly disagree, that I mean you no disrespect.

So, will it be a kinder, gentler Django or a toothless tiger? We'll have to wait and see.

I apologize to those who've been unintentionally or undeservedly bludgeoned by my words.

I do NOT apologize to you whose patent nastiness warranted every harsh and vituperative syllable you got... You deserved it.

To those who could care less or who still hate my guts anyway..... Put me on ignore. It works for me......

Onward and upward.....

tadp

Last edited:
You know where I stand Tim

Glad to have you back, and I like the Tim God gave us. That includes both the good and bad

Jeff

ViperJeff said:
You know where I stand Tim

Glad to have you back, and I like the Tim God gave us. That includes both the good and bad

Jeff

I'm thankful for your friendship, Jeff....

D

Tim we have never met face to face in the real world but in this new cyber world that you and I are just beginning to understand you are :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

One always knows who his friends are..............

And I thank you all....... :eek:

D

Glad to see you back Tim. I look forward to disagreeing with you in the future and having a nice debate of facts and views...

Although you use very large words you are still good in my book:D

-jeff

joemags54 said:
Happy Easter to you and yours Tim.

Ah, Resurrection Day....

A Day for either the world's biggest idiots or simple, die hard believers.

You be the judge......:D

Same to you, Joe...... and to all of us who still cleave unto our faith.:rock:

D

jelms said:
Glad to see you back Tim. I look forward to disagreeing with you in the future and having a nice debate of facts and views...

Although you use very large words you are still good in my book:D

-jeff

Thanks, Jeff..... Love ya, bro.

Maybe I should write a new instructional video.... "Using Words as Weapons"....:dontknow:

D

Django said:

Maybe I should write a new instructional video.... "Using Words as Weapons"....:dontknow:

D

Hey, I just use dictionary.com and learn something new each day......

I just never use the new words, they would read really weird coming from me :eek:

Django said:
Thank you, Brad.....

I'm happy that you don't wanna kick my ass anymore..... :eek::itsme:;)

D

Ahhh, every once and a while I still do;) :D We need to g2g for a beer or something before I leave this state:beer:

Django said:

D

If anyone could create that video you could.

Much love to you and the family:)

Oh, please stop smoking those brown things... They can't be good for you:D

-jeff

jelms said:
If anyone could create that video you could.

Much love to you and the family:)

Oh, please stop smoking those brown things... They can't be good for you:D

-jeff

We don't inhale........

Besides, ya gotta die' a something.......:dontknow:

D

Django said:
We don't inhale........

Besides, ya gotta die' a something.......:dontknow:

D
If you inhale that crap you would puck for sure:)

So true my friend:rock: Pick your poison...

-jeff

Django said:
Dear Jack,

Over the years we've had less and less opportunity to talk in person or even on the phone- free from the misunderstandings that are so common in writing. As has been rightly said so many times, "on the forum, there is no inflection".

That being the case, the respect that we once had for each other went south due to some (hopefully) errant suppositions on both sides... We've already covered those on the phone. Needless to say, these things can completely destroy a good relationship. And almost did.

For my part, I sincerely apologize. :eek:

Suffice it so say, I was precipitant, rash and impolite to call you at 10:30 at night with a wild hair up my ass about something that I (erroneously) believed you had directed towards me. Again, I am sorry.

My greatest hope is that we can move forward free from the incumberances that once hindered us from complete and sincere understanding of each other....We are both mature men with (presently) more than we can handle in our lives. And it's at times like these that we need to cherish our friends, not alienate them....

I'm very sorry for my part in this whole damn thing.... I ask your forgiveness....

Patrick, what can I say except thanks for everything. Our relationship has been mercifully free from any misunderstanding (thus far). And you hung in there with Jack and I on the phone that night until we both softened enough to understand what had been lost between us. Your patience and perseverance won the day....

You rock..... 'specially for a younger man... You have wisdom beyond your years. I honor and respect that....:congrats:

About me:

It's been (predictably) said by my detractors that I think I own the forum, that I am disrespectful to new members, (uh let's see) and that I recklessly, needlessly and habitually use language as a weapon in a manner that is excessive and disrespectful to others.

In my own defense, I can say that when someone dislikes the writer or has a preconceived notion of any of these things, the deck can easily be stacked against one to begin with. He is a rude and dirty POS before he even strikes the first key. So, please bear in mind that I'm not blanketly pleading guilty to all of these accusations.

Be that (all) as it may.....

I now have the unenviable task of reinventing my forum personna. This will require that some more of you will go on ignore. It will also require that I preface any comments of conspicuous disagreement with language that does its best to imbue upon the reader that (although) I strongly disagree, that I mean you no disrespect.

So, will it be a kinder, gentler Django or a toothless tiger? We'll have to wait and see.

I apologize to those who've been unintentionally or undeservedly bludgeoned by my words.

I do NOT apologize to you whose patent nastiness warranted every harsh and vituperative syllable you got... You deserved it.

To those who could care less or who still hate my guts anyway..... Put me on ignore. It works for me......

Onward and upward.....

tadp
Welcome back, Tim :rock:

So happy...my brother is home.

Appreciate the fact that two people can work things out with a little help from a friend...nice outcome Patrick, Jack and Tim!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back