Any daily drivers out there?

JeffBoyette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I absolutely have nothing but respect for the guys putting this great piece of engineering in a garage, keeping the miles low, maintaining a warranty and only taking for the occational romp. Im just curious; Is there anyone else out there driving there truck 250+ miles a week to work and back?
Am I just throwing my toy in the dirt driving it this much?
I just cant personally see
1)spending this much money on these beasts and not using them (i know i got mine cheap but just saying)
2)Changing my oil at 3 Months instead of 3,000, what a waste Never done that with any vehicle ive ever owned
3)Having something this BAD@$$ and not wanting to be in the driver seat everytime you hit the road
4)I want to be known as the SRT10 guy not the Toyota Prius driver that shows off on the weekend.

Call my cheesy if you will but people that drive this truck are different! This truck makes a statement. It says your a grease monkey, a gear head, that gets off on racefuel, burned rubber, and having the fastest stock truck ever created as a foundation to modify. You must have a woman that wont let you put that hand anywhere with the grease and grime under your fingernails and in your cuts and cracks on your hand.

And if you are the guy that doesnt have a scratch on your show quality, 10 yr 100k mile warranty srt10, I commend you, keep up the hard work resisting the urge, keep that oil changed on time. I just hope your not too tight fisted in 12 years when I go to buy another for my son and I to fix up. After all this isnt a truck its a way of life!

I drive mine daily, flog it daily and occassionally when new goodies arrive install new go faster hardware on it..... snow-rain-sun- doesnt matter.

I'm out of town alot, but even though I've got a free company truck i still drive the 10, even to work sometimes............

Daily, in AZ. I try to drive my rockcrawler dodge when it rains, but that's eqally as impractical. Both bring smiles to my face every time I drive them. Do I wish my fuel bill was less, sure! Can I afford to have some fun when I drive, f-yea!

Cant tell you how glad i am to hear it.... my wife and i go out to dinner she grabs her keys looks at me and hangs them back up. Dont car if its 2 miles away or 20. I am truely becoming spoiled. I am starting not to mind being in the passenger side as long as i am with my baby (my truck that is)

tripeph said:
Daily driver in Brooklyn... yea its got a couple scratches
YEAH TELL ME ABOUT IT:D HEY YOU COMING TO THE MEET

I DRIVE MINE EVERYDAY EXCEPT ON SHITTY DAYS 70 PLUS MILES ONE WAY TO WORK AND BACK

Drive the piss out of mine everyday! Wife has an Escalade and has to beat me to drive it. I always want to take mine. I love just knowing the power is there when I need it.

ctsrt10 said:
YEAH TELL ME ABOUT IT:D HEY YOU COMING TO THE MEET

I DRIVE MINE EVERYDAY EXCEPT ON SHITTY DAYS 70 PLUS MILES ONE WAY TO WORK AND BACK

not sure yet, got a lot going on with work and school, plus i need a new tps...if anyone knows the part number pls pm it to me

Im going to do my best to get out there. If i do it will be during the track day and i havent paid so doubt ill be running. Activities (expensive ones) keep getting added to my key west trip. We are now staying 2 more days than planned before. Wifes birthday is March 23 our Anniversary is the 24th, Sisters graduation which merits a trip to North Carolina for the weekend is comming up. Summer clothes need to be bought, Xbox 360 just burned up getting replaced by PS3, dogs needs all vaccinations. 150 Gallon aquarium needs servicing, and its time for my big maintenance on the SRT10 and the wifes sebring.

EVERYTIME i turn around theres some BULLSH!T needed my money! Donations accepted!!!

JeffBoyette said:
Im going to do my best to get out there. If i do it will be during the track day and i havent paid so doubt ill be running. Activities (expensive ones) keep getting added to my key west trip. We are now staying 2 more days than planned before. Wifes birthday is March 23 our Anniversary is the 24th, Sisters graduation which merits a trip to North Carolina for the weekend is comming up. Summer clothes need to be bought, Xbox 360 just burned up getting replaced by PS3, dogs needs all vaccinations. 150 Gallon aquarium needs servicing, and its time for my big maintenance on the SRT10 and the wifes sebring.

EVERYTIME i turn around theres some BULLSH!T needed my money! Donations accepted!!!
as far as xbox goes go buy a new bare minimum model at wal mart and put the burnt up one back in the box and take it back thats what i did when mine burnt up so i wouldnt have to wait a couple of weeks to get it back.

Gamestop bought it back from me with $180 store credit for my PS3. Gave the games to a friend.

I wouldn't have bought mine if I wasn't plannin on driving em :burnout: ... my only real problem is chosing which one... right now it's ez... cuz one of em's broken.... :D

I put 23,000 on her last year... I love driving it all the time but it's to much $$$ now. I am not sure how I am going to resolve this, every time I add it up a second car doesn't make it any cheaper to own it...

Drive mine (almost) everyday...just broke 24,000 miles, but i work only 1.5 miles from home.:p I didn't buy this truck for an investment (thank God, since the dollar value has tanked) i bought it to drive the hell out of, which is what i do every chance i get...don't care what the "book" says its worth. The ear to ear grin i get when i stomp the gas means way more to me.:D I do have a beater truck for snow and rain though. I also dont care how many miles i put on it....when the time comes, years down the road, the truck will be restored to its original glory by myself and my (future) family. I already have a very nice (and ever growing) selection of OEM parts tucked away, including headlights, grill, headliner, shocks, (2) shifters, CD Player, and overhead console:dontknow: ...no extra wing though, they all survive anyway;)

P.S. I'm taking my truck on a road trip to Miami in July...Rack up those miles i say!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back