Any Home Theater Nuts here???

TREKER said:
Love it... What kid of fabric you use on the walls?

It is all made by Guilford of Maine. Anchorage style on the side walls and FR701 on the front wall. Side walls lower panels have 2" of acustic cotton and the top half of the walls have 2" rigid fiberglass. Front walls is 2" of rigid fiberglass and back wall is 4" of rigid fiberglass.

Black1 said:
bought a samsung led a couple of weeks ago. looks awesome on HD channels. kinda funky lookin on the regular cable channels. Mudder thats a awesome theatre room.

eddie102870 said:
bought a samsung led a couple of weeks ago. looks awesome on HD channels. kinda funky lookin on the regular cable channels. Mudder thats a awesome theatre room.

I've noticed the LEDs don't like a "regular" non-HD signal. It's almost like they amplify the crappiness. :dontknow: :D If I were to get one, I'm not sure if I could handle that.... it would have to be a HD-only TV that I would only watch movies on, or something.

I'm really liking the new 600Hz Plasmas that have come out..... I'm really leaning towards one of these. :rock:

.... can't stop looking at the pictures of Mudder's Media Room.... soooo awesome. :rock:

Remember, the bigger the TV, the crapier the non-HD pic is going to look. After all, look how big you are streching an image that back then went on a 27 inch tv.

Home theatre IME is one of the biggest ripp off industries on Earth.

They charge so much money for home theatre that you could have save money if you purchased the theatre downtown.

The smart money (for me) is being spent for mix and match equipment that may not have this years bells and whistles, but sounds and looks so fkn good that you won't care after it's all said and done....

Yeah, yeah... I know about the audio-visuophile addiction for the latest and greatest stuff on the market with all the stuff that makes one go "oooooooooooo" and "ah-h-h-h-h-h-h--!".... 30-40-50,000 bucks for a system.....

Lord in heaven..... I doubt that I can even see or hear the difference anyway... :dontknow:..........

Have a cigar, on me..........

D

Django said:
Home theatre IME is one of the biggest ripp off industries on Earth.

They charge so much money for home theatre that you could have save money if you purchased the theatre downtown.

The smart money (for me) is being spent for mix and match equipment that may not have this years bells and whistles, but sounds and looks so fkn good that you won't care after it's all said and done....

Yeah, yeah... I know about the audio-visuophile addiction for the latest and greatest stuff on the market with all the stuff that makes one go "oooooooooooo" and "ah-h-h-h-h-h-h--!".... 30-40-50,000 bucks for a system.....

Lord in heaven..... I doubt that I can even see or hear the difference anyway... :dontknow:..........

Have a cigar, on me..........

D

All I can tell you is I have way less in my Home Theater then I do in a truck that has 4000 miles on it in 5 years. :(

To have someone design and build your theater is way out of this world expensive. If you can do it yourself it is really not that bad. And no you don't need $20,000 speakers to sound great. You are right that if you stay about a year behind the newest equipment you can save some money, no different then computers.

mopar_mudder said:
All I can tell you is I have way less in my Home Theater then I do in a truck that has 4000 miles on it in 5 years. :(

To have someone design and build your theater is way out of this world expensive. If you can do it yourself it is really not that bad. And no you don't need $20,000 speakers to sound great. You are right that if you stay about a year behind the newest equipment you can save some money, no different then computers.

I'm likin' your approach to this kind'a thing............ :rock:

D

black1, toanswer your question simply, the refresh rate is what makes the LCD's look funny on movies, because they cannot handle the pixel shift on fast moving video they have learned that increasing the refresh rate decreases pixel blur, unfortunately, unless the event is a live sporting event it makes the video of a movie look like a well edited camcorder video,(at least in my opinion), the best displays were CRT big screens,best colors and blacks for the money, unfortunately they were big in a decreasing size technology world.
size

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back