Any Home Theater Nuts here???

mopar_mudder said:
My star ceiling is an 8' octagon all one piece. I didn't want to do the ceiling tile and have all the grid work in there, it will be cool when it is done.

I already have speakers, well sort of any way. I have Rocket RS760's for the fronts, I have a RSC-200 or a pair of RS550's that I will use for center. I also have a pair of RSS-300's for surronds but I need 4 (7.1 system) I use to use the 550's for rears but they won't fit any more, need a wall hung speaker. So I have to get another set of used RSS-300's (don't make them any more) or I may try out the Emotiva ERD-1's

I have a Yamaha V1400 receiver right now but am going to go with seperates. Probably going to be a Emotiva XPA-2 amps for the fronts and a XPA-5 for center and surrounds. Not totaly sure on the prepro yet. I also have a SVS PC-Ultra sub but want to get anther one.

We also got the seats for the theater a couple of weeks ago. Have 9 Berkline 12003's, 4 in the front row and 5 in the back.

Have the screen material, going to be a 144"x60" Center Stage XD screen, with all the speakers behind it.

It will be great when it is done :rock:

Here are some pictures, but I don't have anything recent of the star ceiling or chairs, I will have to get it updated: THEATER LINK

WOW!!!
I would need a little spank room off to the side. Congrats that is very cool :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

Demon 8 said:
Thats my preference. B&W is by far the best sounding speakers I have heard

If only their was a way to test all the different speakers at one time in one place. I am just going to have to be happy with what I have a though money away somewhere else :D

I know all VTCOA memebers are invited to my house but you have to bring your favorite speakers for testing.....;)

mopar_mudder said:
If only their was a way to test all the different speakers at one time in one place. I am just going to have to be happy with what I have a though money away somewhere else :D

I know all VTCOA memebers are invited to my house but you have to bring your favorite speakers for testing.....;)

If I was in that room I would be thrilled with Bose. I think you will be ok ;)

Bose is not a bad complete system for any standard room IMO. Those little speakers put out some nice sound.

scoobert said:
make sure to use good speaker wire too. no idea the name of the stuff i used except it cost $5 a foot in 2006.
Scooby, Scooby, Scooby......$5 a foot and Paradigm speakers? They really saw you coming. Let me guess all your cabling is from Monster? And there are movies before Blu-ray that where encoded in true 6.1 and as mentioned above, there are DTS-HD Master encoded 7.1. Not matrixed, but true 7.1.

mopar_mudder said:
Well ya but we don't NEED 500hp in a truck either :burnout:

More is better ya know :rock:

I may try the single SVS by it self and see how it goes, I just like lots of puch on those LFE effects. Right now I have it tunned at 20hz
Don't get me wrong, not knocking the dual subs. I just chose to have my dual subs in one enclosure. My PB12 Ultra/2 has two 12" drivers being pushed by a 1000 watt amp. I heard the PB13 Ultra with one 13" driver, hits just as hard, low and clean as my Ultra/2.

SANTEEN said:
Scooby, Scooby, Scooby......$5 a foot and Paradigm speakers? They really saw you coming. Let me guess all your cabling is from Monster? And there are movies before Blu-ray that where encoded in true 6.1 and as mentioned above, there are DTS-HD Master encoded 7.1. Not matrixed, but true 7.1.

no the place i bought it from sold however did not recommend monster. they had something less expensive and suposingly(sp) better. they were very clear on one thing, and they knew their crap... digital signal can go over any wire, its digital and does not suffer from degradation unless you go with very long lengths. they said over 15' with digital cable would i need a good one, my longest going from receiver to tv was only 9'. only one i bought that was very expensive was the one for the sub, it was 30' long.
also the wire was free. but the price was $5 per foot, i made them throw it in when i spent 15,000....

i also picked up a gem. the last CRT rear projection HDTV sony made, not literately, but then they discontinued it. the picture is 10x better then any other projector tech at the time. i went in wanting the sony 70" rear lcd projection. i saw pixelization in the picture. (man firefox spell checker sucks.)

i wish now i would have gone with the CRT overhead hdtv projector. if so i could have it in my camper now. makes me wish spring was here....... 3 more months......

and i have the 2006 version of this sub: http://www.paradigm.com/en/reference/subwoofer-signature-signaturesub25-model-5-17-4-20.paradigm

EDIT: i bought into HD-DVD because it was the better tech i like my beta player too, and my lazer disk, joking on the last two.
when i set it up bluray players were about 2500 i think, ended up with an up converting dvd, then hddvd with the xbox.

Last edited:
TREKER said:
What kind of cooling set up do you have for the equipment rack?

Nothing planed. The rack will be open on the back side to a storage area that isn't heated. That is also where all my networking and AV cables come in. So I will play it by ear but I think it will be OK being all open in the back, other wise I can do some fans if I have to in the side to run air across stuff. Their will be a door on the front of the rack.

Atleast that is the plan so far, I could leave the front open and close the back I suppose? I might enlose the whole thing and do fans, ya their is some planing to do in that area yet.

mopar_mudder said:
Nothing planed. The rack will be open on the back side to a storage area that isn't heated. That is also where all my networking and AV cables come in. So I will play it by ear but I think it will be OK being all open in the back, other wise I can do some fans if I have to in the side to run air across stuff. Their will be a door on the front of the rack.

Atleast that is the plan so far, I could leave the front open and close the back I suppose? I might enlose the whole thing and do fans, ya their is some planing to do in that area yet.

The reason I say this is because I saw the ductwork running through the ceiling. If that is cooling only, I'd say run a small drop into the cabinet to keep the area cool. Electronics generate alot of heat obviously so you may want to consider something before you close up all the walls.

TREKER said:
The reason I say this is because I saw the ductwork running through the ceiling. If that is cooling only, I'd say run a small drop into the cabinet to keep the area cool. Electronics generate alot of heat obviously so you may want to consider something before you close up all the walls.

That duct actually stops about 4 feet short of where the rack is, stair way is in the way. I could do a small 4" flex ducts off from it through the suspended ceiling are to the top of the rack cabinet though. It is for heat and cooling so I would have to shut it off in the winter. It's a good thought and something that I will keep in mind if it becomes an issue, I can get at that area any time through the ceiling and do it.

It would solve lots of problems just putting the amps on a shelf in the storage room and not put them in an enclosed rack. But when you spend the money on a good looking amp it is nice to see it, even though you can't acutally do anything to it any way :dontknow:

The new house I bought has a built in theatre room, now all i have to do is finish out with how i want it.....wait, gotta be home for that...ugh..

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 46
wheredwhogo? said:
The new house I bought has a built in theatre room, now all i have to do is finish out with how i want it.....wait, gotta be home for that...ugh..

Great room, now get to it

Mine are Infinity Overture 3's for the mains(old but bad ass), JBL center and cant remember the rear. Denon 3805(old)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back