Any Questions?

Has anybody ever used these sockets to remove a rounded bolt ?
I thinking of trying them to remove a rounded tight ask lug nut . So tight it actually started and slightly bent my 4 way lug wrench !

I’m also trying to find the size of the trucks wings bolts and possibly using the same type of socket ,, the heads are rusted and have flaked to crap . No idea if metric or not !
If all else fails then I’m pulling out the C4 :eek: sucks that I’ll only ever have to use these socket sets or if I can get a single socket for 1 time ever use !

https://www.ebay.com/itm/166622927961? itmmeta=01HTZ1RCFG4JK1BJ1K2G0ABQ33&hash=item26cb801c59:g:4QQAAOSwBUtl4NH~&itmprp=enc%3AAQAJAAAA4EI5%2BkyuPIphJUpWsfZs3d0mz9EfcQ2EgaKLe42IcFkTm5pmZQKRh0CSDI%2BCbIrN%2FZmx6Yc7IwiP%2BETD5m7VUH%2BJr9CsPgJs%2FQIPH553gnoQtu%2BRcCU%2FrUY%2FbBrgn6olrK0ZRbOB8hHnQHKAkNMJwbVPr%2FdhR%2Fg33xAYLWO3LujwEugNWa3wb4mdb944cp5EjX6X%2FHBbNc0BSeneexT6I9VA%2F4S6sxMc38H0Y2yRz94yoS25IBc2L19inTicG9aPsBRHZw5BY5ks0U2v5ztieV0lCNJQ7iNW%2BDxVotdC4fZf%7Ctkp%3ABFBM7sfh4ddj

I thinking of trying them to remove a rounded tight ask lug nut . So tight it actually started and slightly bent my 4 way lug wrench !

I’m also trying to find the size of the trucks wings bolts and possibly using the same type of socket ,, the heads are rusted and have flaked to crap . No idea if metric or not !
If all else fails then I’m pulling out the C4 :eek: sucks that I’ll only ever have to use these socket sets or if I can get a single socket for 1 time ever use !

https://www.ebay.com/itm/166622927961? itmmeta=01HTZ1RCFG4JK1BJ1K2G0ABQ33&hash=item26cb801c59:g:4QQAAOSwBUtl4NH~&itmprp=enc%3AAQAJAAAA4EI5%2BkyuPIphJUpWsfZs3d0mz9EfcQ2EgaKLe42IcFkTm5pmZQKRh0CSDI%2BCbIrN%2FZmx6Yc7IwiP%2BETD5m7VUH%2BJr9CsPgJs%2FQIPH553gnoQtu%2BRcCU%2FrUY%2FbBrgn6olrK0ZRbOB8hHnQHKAkNMJwbVPr%2FdhR%2Fg33xAYLWO3LujwEugNWa3wb4mdb944cp5EjX6X%2FHBbNc0BSeneexT6I9VA%2F4S6sxMc38H0Y2yRz94yoS25IBc2L19inTicG9aPsBRHZw5BY5ks0U2v5ztieV0lCNJQ7iNW%2BDxVotdC4fZf%7Ctkp%3ABFBM7sfh4ddj

I can't say if those (black ones) are the exact ones I used, but very similar and they did work.

C4 is always the LAST option!

Last edited:
Haven't used those. Have seen some with a bunch of pins in them. A 6 point socket hammered on usually does the trick with an impact wrench. I'm guessing the stud will pop if it's that tight. Anti seize new setup once you get it off

Did you soak it to the gills with WD-40 already?

Did you soak it to the gills with WD-40 already?
Yes , about a 1/2 dozen times now hahaha .. but did you know that WD-40 is a healthy food included with one of Medicare advantage plans ! I was not denied on that purchase hahaha ,, yet they denied me for adding a Almond joy hahaha

Haven't used those. Have seen some with a bunch of pins in them. A 6 point socket hammered on usually does the trick with an impact wrench. I'm guessing the stud will pop if it's that tight. Anti seize new setup once you get it off
I saw those , just not sure if there strong enough to get the lug nut off .. My impact gun is worthless for removing lug nuts hahaha , damn thing was only used a few times years ago . Still trying to find my breaker bar hahaha ! From what I’ve found out the socket need is a 17mm and it’s recommended the socket to use is an impact socket .
If the lug stud breaks that would or should be a simple fix but would hope the rounded off socket will do the trick .
Also the wings bolts with the flaking rusted heads could be a problem ,, I don’t know the size of the bolt heads to begin with ,, 7/16 maybe 3/8 or metric ? Then the problem may be finding a rounded socket needed to hopefully remove them !

It stinks considering the cost of those sockets and will most likely only use sockets 1 time ever and since I see only kits some never used hahaha .

I can't say if those (black ones) are the exact ones I used, but very similar and they did work.

C4 is always the LAST option!
Yes the black and impact sockets seem to be recommended..
the silver ones I was looking at because the size goes down to a 9mm .. but no idea the size of the Wings bolt heads or what's left of the bolt heads after flaking off from rust .

Yes , about a 1/2 dozen times now hahaha .. but did you know that WD-40 is a healthy food included with one of Medicare advantage plans ! I was not denied on that purchase hahaha ,, yet they denied me for adding a Almond joy hahaha
Lol! Population control at its finest :eek:

Not wanting to ho up ozy's thread I'm just curious about what affect an old or weak battery would have on the periodic start up issues he's having? He didn't say if she has a fresh battery but if she's been sitting could that hinder her starting first crank?

Not wanting to ho up ozy's thread I'm just curious about what affect an old or weak battery would have on the periodic start up issues he's having? He didn't say if she has a fresh battery but if she's been sitting could that hinder her starting first crank?
It's hard to fill in the blanks sometimes, with limited info via posts. I know where you were going with the battery. Voltage would drop a bit each time another start attempt was done.
But then it starts.

Last edited:
And if not fully charged between short drives since he's only had her a few days COULD be something to look at :cool:

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back