Anyone get their SCT?

:dontknow: 6800rpm with the stock engine.

Mine is set on 5800rpm.
Works great with the 91 and 93 tune.
Have a 93+ tune also but here in europe they rate the gas different.
We have 95 and 98 , i think thats 91 and 93 in the US.

Alex

Stinker said:
I dont know a ton about the SCt , I am sure Marty will get with ya on it, but I think the SCT is able to change the shift point on the tranny.

go with pushrods if you go to 7000, but there is no power up above 5800 so your last 1200 is pissin in the wind:D

Yes you can change the lame 3-4 shift point via software.

Yellow venom 366 said:
with the shift points wouldn't you want them all at the same RPM? say 5800 where it is peak??

Well, if you are modding for competition, you want to go above the peak so it never drops below peak on gear changes. 58-6 works well in my app.
I wouldn't want to buzz it higher than that. Maybe Marty's customers have other plans?

Last edited:
rottenronnie said:
Well, if you are modding for competition, you want to go above the peak so it never drops below peak on gear changes. 58-6 works well in my app.
I wouldn't want to buzz it higher than that. Maybe Marty's customers have other plans?

Yep,thats what I was meaning Ron,so when your at WOT you stay in the power range,exactly.:rock: :burnout:

I never ask to raise the limiter. I am not a racer. I just like to have fun once in a while.:D He is sending me another tune. We will see with this one????

My 93 tune spark knocked bad around 2500-3000 RPM so I loaded my 91 program and it's much better though I still get a little ping around the same RPM. Also I've noticed on decel my throttle is slower to return to idle sometimes hanging around 1500 RPM's a little long. On the plus side, power and torque are improved and the engine stays cool at 180. Still have to install my 170 T'stat. Put new plugs in today, 8.5 qts of purple, Redline D4 in the trans, and filled up with AMCO 93. Tomorrow I'll try the 93 tune again if my pinging is completely gone on the 91 tune.

I stepped on my plug and broke it. Shit! Now my truck is stuck on the 91 tune. I had to send my tuner into SCT for repair. I'm still waiting to hear back from them on the price. I hope to hear tomorrow from SCT.

Great Replies!

walenator said:
My 93 tune spark knocked bad around 2500-3000 RPM so I loaded my 91 program and it's much better though I still get a little ping around the same RPM. Also I've noticed on decel my throttle is slower to return to idle sometimes hanging around 1500 RPM's a little long. On the plus side, power and torque are improved and the engine stays cool at 180. Still have to install my 170 T'stat. Put new plugs in today, 8.5 qts of purple, Redline D4 in the trans, and filled up with AMCO 93. Tomorrow I'll try the 93 tune again if my pinging is completely gone on the 91 tune.

The reason I started this thread was after thinking about the current fuel
situation (PumpGas=HorsePiss), spark rattle might be a factor with performance tunes.
BTW I see you are in Gainesville, Ga. Ever heard of M.V.Performance?
They specialize in Fords but work on anything. Give me a holler 770-682-1779

Just took mine for a ride and tried it out!! Night and day difference!! It pulls way stronger and shifts at 5800,It sure woke it up, right from a dead stop and rolling,This sure made a major difference! THANKS Marty!

Mine took some tweaking on the tune. But Marty has got it worked out. Just a couple tiny things now. If you guys have any issues with the Tune get a hold of Marty and he will hook you up.

supercar1of1 said:
The reason I started this thread was after thinking about the current fuel
situation (PumpGas=HorsePiss), spark rattle might be a factor with performance tunes.
BTW I see you are in Gainesville, Ga. Ever heard of M.V.Performance?
They specialize in Fords but work on anything. Give me a holler 770-682-1779
No I haven't but I'll try to give you a call tomorrow.

On a side note I remember DC Performance telling me they had a lot of problems with the 93 tune because of gas quality. And they try to stay away from doing the 93 octane tunes.

wyoramsrt-10 said:
On a side note I remember DC Performance telling me they had a lot of problems with the 93 tune because of gas quality. And they try to stay away from doing the 93 octane tunes.
You are so right my friend. I don't trust any of them. I've pinged on the named brands on a stock tune. A hand held tester is what we need to check it at the pump.

Yellow venom 366 said:
Just took mine for a ride and tried it out!! Night and day difference!! It pulls way stronger and shifts at 5800,It sure woke it up, right from a dead stop and rolling,This sure made a major difference! THANKS Marty!

Glad it worked for you. That is how a good tune should work!
Make sure there isn't any pinging.. I can't hear an engine ping anymore, but neither can my 20 year old Nephew (rock band).
94 octane Mohawk (available in many Edmonton stations) is a good fuel to use.

Last edited:
rottenronnie said:
Glad it worked for you. That is how a good tune should work!
Make sure there isn't any pinging.. I can't hear an engine ping anymore, but neither can my 20 year old Nephew (rock band).
94 octane Mohawk (available in many Edmonton stations) is a good fuel to use.

I didn't know Mohawk had 94 octane,I only knew of one 94 octane Husky station in the city here,Im gonna look around now Ron,Thanks, And No I never had any pinging at all,just awhole lot of pavement screaming!LOL!:burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

wyoramsrt-10 said:

When I ordered my stage two from Dan at DC he told me the same thing.......quality control on 93 octane gas varies dramatically so they were only sending out 91 octane tunes. FYI, I have no ping with my 91 octane tune.

patrick

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back