Anyone get their SCT?

Is the SCT tune worth it? After this thread (up and down) I'm scared of hurting my truck lol. Well, you know the saying, if it ain't broke, don't fix it! What do you get out of it? 20hp more and in some cases more, it runs cooler and better throttle response. Marty, what kind of info do you need to tune my specific truck for me? What is different from your SCT and Roe Racings SCT, just the tuner themselves? We have different gas ratings down here. I think your 91 = our 95 and your 93 = our 98. I've been running my truck in 91 (95) and it's been great.

It's the highest we have really, you find the odd gas shop with 93 (98) but the majority run 91. My, off the top of my head (could find more specific numbers) my driving conditions are from sea level to around 100ft, sometimes up North this rise more but for 85% of my driving it is sea level to 100ft max. My truck is an 06 RC with JMB CAI + catch can, will have long tube headers, catless mids and catback exhaust (all Billy Boat). Gen-X shifter, JMB Stage-3 traction kit. What else do you need to know? Is it worth getting a 170 t-stat? Aftermarket Throttle body?

Thanks,
Carl

Carlwalski said:
Is the SCT tune worth it? After this thread (up and down) I'm scared of hurting my truck lol. Well, you know the saying, if it ain't broke, don't fix it! What do you get out of it? 20hp more and in some cases more, it runs cooler and better throttle response. Marty, what kind of info do you need to tune my specific truck for me? What is different from your SCT and Roe Racings SCT, just the tuner themselves? We have different gas ratings down here. I think your 91 = our 95 and your 93 = our 98. I've been running my truck in 91 (95) and it's been great.

It's the highest we have really, you find the odd gas shop with 93 (98) but the majority run 91. My, off the top of my head (could find more specific numbers) my driving conditions are from sea level to around 100ft, sometimes up North this rise more but for 85% of my driving it is sea level to 100ft max. My truck is an 06 RC with JMB CAI + catch can, will have long tube headers, catless mids and catback exhaust (all Billy Boat). Gen-X shifter, JMB Stage-3 traction kit. What else do you need to know? Is it worth getting a 170 t-stat? Aftermarket Throttle body?

Thanks,
Carl
marty is da man !!! :rock:

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20901&highlight=rrev

Go look at the dyno SCT post in the KRC Forum and that was just from the weekend dyno GTG. Yes, the tq and gains are not only peak, but below the rpms curve. You will average 40-50ft lbs greater on the same fuel.

No..Randy's the man!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back