Anyone remove the leak detection pump, charcoal canister and junk by gas tank?

My CEL has not come on and I have put plenty of miles on the truck afterwards. Could it be because you plugged the holes on the valve? I didn't.

The only thing I plugged is on the intake manifold. I figued maybe both sensors need to be able to suck in air.

My CEL has not come on and I have put plenty of miles on the truck afterwards. Could it be because you plugged the holes on the valve? I didn't.

The only thing I plugged is on the intake manifold. I figued maybe both sensors need to be able to suck in air.

thats what i was thinking....if it come back on i will take them off

I've got the P1486 "Evap Leak Monitor Pinched Hose" code that popped up a couple months back and I need to get the truck inspected this month. I've replaced the gas cap and reset the check engine light with my SCT. The light comes back on a few days later.

Have you guys been able to keep the check engine light off going this route and unhooking the pump?

I just did this removal and no codes yet. I left it plug in at the frame rail and the connection by the fuse box. I also strapped my rear o2's to the trany with no codes, free breathing.

I kept getting a code for leak detection pump, so i removed everything but left the pump plugged in. Every couple of days the code would come back. Eventually I had the leak detection pump replaced and no more codes.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back