• 845RE / 8R70 8 Speed Chrysler if stand alone becomes available

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • Other

Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters

BLWNSRT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been reading all weekend trying to get the exact info I'm looking for. The t56 has been fun but also a pain with clutch issues, and occasionally missing 3rd. I am Mopar through and through and I know that the 4L80E is a better transmission than the 48Re but I don't think I could live with a GM transmission in a dodge.

From what I found online:

4L80 stand alone computer will cost $800-$1200
48Re stand alone computer will cost $1600

GM transmission adaptor kit $1200-2500
48re will need flexplate and the dowel pin issue. Can someone explain what exactly has to be done to the dowel pins so they work with a 48re in a RC block. We had a truck come in that was missing 1 dowel pin and it caused a leak from the button of the torque converter.

For the transmission itself I can get one built from the shop we deal with.

Last edited:
How much power is your truck making? Assuming your truck is making what mine is I would say 4l80e. They can be built plenty strong and reliable.

Throw in the QC auto 48RE into the truck. Get a new driveshaft, tranny cooler, lines etc.. And a flash from Torrie.

Then you would have an automatic RC truck. Same thing going backwards as I did with my truck. Went from Auto to Manual, so going from manual to auto is the same thing.

Throw in the QC auto 48RE into the truck. Get a new driveshaft, tranny cooler, lines etc.. And a flash from Torrie.

That's what I was thinking about doing worst case senerio I will build a wiring harness for the transmission if I can find an 06 donor harness. Just need the info on the dowel pins.

That's what I was thinking about doing worst case senerio I will build a wiring harness for the transmission if I can find an 06 donor harness. Just need the info on the dowel pins.

Passenger sided dowel pin is normally just removed

PM rottenronnie. He has all sorts of info for building automatics.

P.S. Stick with the manual - buy a better clutch!:)

Going from a badass t56 Manual to an Automatic is akin to Bruce Jenner turning into Caitlyn.

th

sounds soo nice , a RC with automatic , a dream for me.
the best i've seen here in that matter is the Batram.

no manual for me...or it must be a race car , and even then...:confused:

in the traffic we have here in Europe is a manual so stupid to drive as a daily.

So buy a new clutch that's good? 99% would prefer a manual with this engine. Be like having a Viper car auto, gayer than a family pack of dildos.
Lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
if u wanna go manual and being a streetracer , buy a Viper , not a truck...

for a daily offcourse i mean.

Last edited:
The only vehicle an a/t is appropriate for is some girl's sweet 16 present...

The only vehicle an a/t is appropriate for is some girl's sweet 16 present...

sure...:joyman:

but the Batram could have a nice place in my garage instead of any manual vehicles.
and believe me , i can shift any car , but imo and here in Europe , a manual is not the best buy...

sure...:joyman:

but the Batram could have a nice place in my garage instead of any manual vehicles.
and believe me , i can shift any car , but imo and here in Europe , a manual is not the best buy...

things have really changed since i was there, almost everything was a stick in 85-87 and 90-91, even the mercedes and bmw taxi cabs ( first time i had ever seen a stick in a mercedes)

OK,
What is so different about Europe that a manual is problematic???? Maybe everyone in Europe is a GirlyMan?

I'll be completing my conversion early next year from auto to manual. I have an 06 QC. If you need a well taken care of 48RE with 60K miles by then, let me know.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back