Auto Rod Technologies Parts Runner

Thanks guys, I have about 3 weeks to finish this without cutting any corners, you think we can make it? lol.. I'm still on the fence.

And no I didn't, i was always told if I did the dash light would be on... What's the trick to do it without dash lights, and what are the side effects of doing so..

i've had probs with my evap system. tried several "repairs" with no luck.
several guys here did different things to get rid of the system. most involved levein the pump, sol.,etc plugged in.

then i had a brain fart to just turn the system off, marine apps came to mind.

got a holt of Torrie @ Unleashed Tunin & it can be done. he sent me the file to turn it off thru the SCT programmer.

as long as ya ain't got state/safety inspections where ya at

ya would have to run a vent on the tank & plug a couple of nipples on the engine

Another tech question.. Do these axles have a C-clip? Just wondering if I am going to have to get custom axle shafts made when the axle gets shortened or if there is another route..

I'm pretty sure this is a C-Clip rear end but haven't looked into it much yet.. Just trying to figure out what to expect.

Yes it's called a Semi Floater- flange on outside c clip on inside
Full a Floater is like a bus or dualy- axle can be totally removed and the wheel bearings will still support the load & turn.
Standard- the retainer at the outside flange holds the axle in. Inside at the diff it's just splined like the full floater.
The problem is Dodge only made this axle as a Dana60 semi float for our truck. So your pretty much stuck with the trash lock 2 pinion unit. No lockers etc. will fit

I was hoping it was spline'd with outer retainer so I could maybe get away with just shortening the housing.. No such luck I guess. I was also thinking about a locker of some sort while it was apart.. I guess no reason to look now.

Can't even do a Power Lock 4 spider due to the clips. For a locker you need to replace the whole axle with a aftermarket Dana 60. Then the stock SRT rear brakes will not fit it. I believe it's available Willwood calipers. Think one of our vendors here sells it but it's not cheap. How much power are you looking to make? You might be able to get away with just cryro spiders. To me lockers have too much slack for the street.

I'm not looking for much more power right now so I am most likely going to leave well enough alone.. Partially depending on what moser has to say when I try to get axles.. but it seems they can make custom axles for anything.

It does however seem really weird that this is a odd ball axle and that nobody makes anything for it.

This truck has a lot of one off parts. The closest axle to it is one used by GM on it's 4 wheel steer trucks. From what I understand it had a lot of problems with rear ball joints.

Making me a little nervous because it has to be shortened and moser said their is a possibility that they may not be able to do axles for this particular truck. That is not good..
everything is set up on the axle, tabs, shock mounts watts link..

Wonder if you could use a different bearing end to convert it to use a different axle.. seems somebody would have experience in doing this.

Went back to look at your photos. Yes you are screwed if you can't use the stock axle. Every axle I seen shortend was done at the cast diff housing. Getting the axles made is the main problem to overcome. Good luck

No the tires stick out past the bed. and yea, it will be a mess if I can't make this axle work. I never would have thought this would be a problem.

BUT for reference after calling a bunch of axle places.. Strange, Moser.. I got referred to a place called Dutchman in Idaho.. I guess he specializes in this type of axle shaft and said he can make them. 4 day turn around.. This may screw me for getting to the big show I was hoping to make but at least I don't have to start over and completely set up and pay for a new complete axle.

Missed a LOT of events this spring & summer waiting on ???? To be fixed,rebuilt,delivered,shipped,installed, or re installed on my motor project to finish it but it's still not 100% done. As long as you do it right (and it looks like you are) you will cause a car show getting gas!

Had Another idea that that is right up your alley. How about a bad ass set of rear fender flairs?

Missed a LOT of events this spring & summer waiting on ???? To be fixed,rebuilt,delivered,shipped,installed, or re installed on my motor project to finish it but it's still not 100% done. As long as you do it right (and it looks like you are) you will cause a car show getting gas!

Had Another idea that that is right up your alley. How about a bad ass set of rear fender flairs?

LOL.. I feel like I will be stopping at a lot of stations with the way this thing drinks it combined with the smaller cell.

I wanted to keep exterior fairly stock appearing so no major exterior metal work..
I think I'm going to try for the axle shafts since I found that place that said they can build them.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back