B&B Header fitting

Neil

Reaction score
Hi,
I picked up a set of long tubes (ended up buying the rest of the exhaust new from B&B).....the headers were new too, the PO never fitted them.

I just wondered - do I need to get different bolts to mount the headers? It occurred to me that the stock manifolds uses studs with spacers & nuts for the heat shields etc.....the B&B stuff doesn't have the spacers?

Just wondered before I dive in next weekend...

Thanks!

Neil

Yes if the headers you purchased did not come with bolts you will need new ones. If you use these ones you will also need to purchase lock washers to go with them as well

Attachments

• 20160201_193612.jpg
    20160201_193612.jpg
    401.5 KB · Views: 50
B&B are great headers, but can be a pain to install. :eek:

The individual flanges are a bitch to line up. I had my headers coated, so I didn't want to mess the finish. I had to get very creative to get the bolts in a couple of locations.

Yes if the headers you purchased did not come with bolts you will need new ones. If you use these ones you will also need to purchase lock washers to go with them as well

Thanks! I'll look into getting a set.

Really I should've done them before I put the Paxton on.......but I bought the headers after the install :dontknow:

Unpacked the B&B exhaust yesterday - pretty nice piece of kit, well made....see how it all fits!

Thanks again!

Neil

The individual flanges make for a challenging install, however using studs can get them to line up easier. Stud in one hole, put a bolt in the other, remove stud and put the bolt in.

The individual flanges make for a challenging install, however using studs can get them to line up easier. Stud in one hole, put a bolt in the other, remove stud and put the bolt in.

The kit should have come with studs...for the price!:)

I can vouch for the pain in the ass install. My dumbass didn't even think of the stud/bolt approach as the others have stated. Didn't have the easiest time to say the least.

Thanks all, ordered the arp kits & some lock washers.....guess I'll have to get creative on the mounting for the Paxton charge cooler (I'll figure something out)
I'll make sure I've got some studs (or bolts with the heads cut off) prior to the install.....might turn some bolts down to a taper to help with that one.

Thanks all, ordered the arp kits & some lock washers.....guess I'll have to get creative on the mounting for the Paxton charge cooler (I'll figure something out)
I'll make sure I've got some studs (or bolts with the heads cut off) prior to the install.....might turn some bolts down to a taper to help with that one.

Just get a 2' piece of stud from lowes. They carry the steel rods in stock and you can cut them to the length you want. That's what I did. I got stainless steel. Really easy.

The worst bolt is the passengerside one closest to the firewall. have to install it from the side, creatively,get as much as possible with your fingers. then tighten it from underneath. It will take some wrench flipping! oh.... and DISCONNECT the battery when you do the driverside! The header will touch the starter terminal fishing it in! I have an 04 and the steering column bolt rubbed hard on the headertube . I had to dimple the tube to clear. of course ,I noticed it when I went for a ride and the steering was locking up!! Scratched up the coating. :(

Install a couple of ports on one end and use a ratchet strap to pull the others into alignment, as required. No marks during the install.

50 years ago headers NEVER just bolted up.
Now it's 2016 and that fact hasn't really changed. :(

Install a couple of ports on one end and use a ratchet strap to pull the others into alignment, as required. No marks during the install.

50 years ago headers NEVER just bolted up.
Now it's 2016 and that fact hasn't really changed. :(

Man I just installed Belangers and they kinda fell in place and lined up perfectly I was shocked. Easiest header to install so far. I have installed bassani, mopar, and Belangers now

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back