Back firing in intake when accelerating under load

Honey Bees hang around flowers all day and live life free and easy.
The downside is they can sting only once, their asses pull off, and they die.

Bumble Bees however are risk-takers and are better equipped to fight.
They can keep stinging repeatedly without penalty, BUT may end up taking a rapid trip through the grille of oncoming vehicles or a similar fate due to their reckless behaviour.

So...Is it best to play it safe and risk losing your ass, or take risks and have fun during the ride?

My thought for the day...

Ronnie

THE END :)

Last edited:
There is only one bolt that is a bit of a challenge when removing the Intake (#9).

Like everything, once you've done it a few times, there are tips and tricks to make the job easier/faster.

I'm still wondering how grasshoppers and bees (well, what's left of them) end up behind the coil packs.
I have a couple of ground edge deep well sockets that work pretty good on those back ones, in 11mm and 7/16"

thewelshm

I tried a few things but the intake manifold casting was in the way. I ended up filling a socket with JB Weld and leaving it on the stripped bolt overnight.
Fortunately, it came out.

Honey Bees hang around flowers all day and live life free and easy.
The downside is they can sting only once, their asses pull off and they die.

Bumble Bees however are risk-takers and are better equipped to fight.
They can keep stinging repeatedly without penalty, BUT may end up taking a rapid trip through the grille of oncoming vehicles or a similar fate due to their reckless behaviour.

So...Is it best to play it safe and risk losing your ass, or take risks and have fun during the ride?

My thought for the day...

Ronnie

THE END :)

Hahahaha! Right!

There is only one bolt that is a bit of a challenge when removing the Intake (#9).

Like everything, once you've done it a few times, there are tips and tricks to make the job easier/faster.

I'm still wondering how grasshoppers and bees (well, what's left of them) end up behind the coil packs.
Hahaha ,, It must be the bees wax on , bees wax off Danielson grasshoppers hahaha ..

I tried a few things but the intake manifold casting was in the way. I ended up filling a socket with JB Weld and leaving it on the stripped bolt overnight.
Fortunately, it came out.
Thinking out of the box helps sometimes .. or luck was on your side . I’ll have to remember that one if it ever happens to me !

I could have pulled one head and taken the Intake with it but it seemed like a lot of extra work at the time.

I used some Brake Clean on the bolt and socket first, so the JB had a good surface to grip.

The socket was a gonner packed with the stuff, but it was a cheap solution that worked.

Yes, some luck for sure!

Last edited:
I could have pulled one head and taken the Intake with it but it seemed like a lot of extra work at the time.

I used some Brake Clean on the bolt and socket first, so the JB had a good surface to grip.

The socket was a gonner packed with the stuff, but it was a cheap solution that worked.

Yes, some luck for sure!
More the reason to relocated the coil packs to an easy access location IMO .

But then you'd lose that sexy vintage Lambo' engine look!
I’m sure someone could come up with moving the coils and still keep the sexy in it … Anyone willing to take the plunge ? Hint hint :D

But then you'd lose that sexy vintage Lambo' engine look!
On Doms truck what is his coil set up .. looks like each plug has its own .. if im not mistaken doesnt the gen 4 vipers have that kind of setup ?

Aftermarket systems are available for a coil per cylinder setup if you wanted to go that route.

I've never been a fan of aftermarket ECUs for a daily driver. They just aren't as robust as the factory stuff, in my experience.

Switching an existing OEM system over to our engines is beyond my level of expertise.

I will just have to spend the time to pull the Intake to change plug wires and coils, as needed.

I've had mine on and off so many times, it's really not a hassle. Until I stripped that difficult to get at bolt on number 9 !!

505H V10 ……. Any progress on finding the problem ?

Sorry for the delays I'm getting over a bad cold.
Apologies not needed hahaha . Just get over that cold and get back to the truck .. 10’s need ever loving care ! :D

:) Yes, get yourself well!! That's what matters most

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back