Bad Snakes truck thread.

I prepped a good bit at the house and then flat bedded it to a buddy's shop and finished all the prep work in 2 days and got busy laying some PPG Satin Black.

EDFD01E0-444B-4E5D-8F36-3E51B555BF75-1514-000002110547B82A.jpg

0735E56C-DF49-4989-9939-F7ADED4A97AC-1514-0000021051DFFD64.jpg

Got the interior back in.
474.jpg

492.jpg

I scuffed up all the lights with a red 3m pad and and prepsoled them and thew a couple drops of black paint in some clear and sprayed all the lights and front badge. I still gotta knock out the fog lights when I get back.There not as dark outside in the day light.
478.jpg

Sprayed all the handles, mirrors, antenna base,antenna, grill,wing and tonnue cover before I headed out . I still need to spray all front grills gloss black when I get back. Extra set of wheels will be black too until I build or buy a set of 2 or 3 piece wheels.
496.jpg

At the moment I dropped a bunch of stuff off to get powder coated gloss black so it will be done by the time I return. Then its time to get the engine bay straight. Weld up all holes not being used and cut off the stand off's im not using and do a little grinding and then reshoot the bay. And then get the wire tuck in order so Its all ready for a fresh forged motor ;-)

Looks great in satin black, but the silver guys are going to be MAD at you!!!

Yeah it looks awesome!! What are you doing to the engine? Staying paxton?

Well I always wanted a black truck, but found a good deal on silver so picked it up.

Yeap keeping the Paxton, building a forged bottom end and mild head work(port and gasket matching everything) with new custom ground cam from Comp with their spring set, new valves and some other crap.

Great read ! As a painter I can totally relate with your process! I've been thinking of Satin Black myself but never made my mind up. Smoothing the rear bumper of exhaust outlet right now as well as a few other mods. Your project is way exceeded anything I think I'd do but it phenomenal you're doing it. Live your thinking!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back