BBK Throttle Body available NOW

When you disconnect the neg./side of the battery to install the T/B you took a little brain with the disconnect.
That being said, when they did mine they let her idle for about 10/min. before anybody drove her....
Just so she could relearn not only the idle-point but a couple of other things as well....

Give her about 72/hrs. (3-days of normal driving) to learn everything she lost....... rookie

Quick

QuickSilver said:
Did you disconnect the battery when you installed?
he just didnt get laid last night:p
but you should pm cherry and let him see if he can take care of it for you, he worked hard on getting this together for ya'll, not just complain on the forum, ;)

Others have said to re-flash the computer SCT.
Chub said there was a bad run on some from the viper car site.
Others have adjust the idle screw.
But I think the majority are very satisfied with them.
Contact Cherry preformance or BBK --info on earlier posts...

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
he just didnt get laid last night:p
but you should pm cherry and let him see if he can take care of it for you, he worked hard on getting this together for ya'll, not just complain on the forum, ;)

no i did not get laid last night i had to put out this morning before she went to work :aetsch:

i bought it from this forum ,,,thought i could wine about it in this forum also :aetsch:

Exo said:
Damn I am not to excited to install the one I got from stinker now. Guess I better hope there is a fix before the snow is gone here.

Every one of the TBs that Stinker got was AFTER the sticking/rough idle was noted... They held up sending them to him until after the problem was resolved. I wouldn't worry about the ones he got or sold... As a matter of fact I have one of his myself and it is being installed Mid April along with my Mopar Headers.... :)

Thanks again Stinker... Yooou Beee Daaaa Mannnn !!!!!! :rock: :rock: :rock: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant:

:aetsch:
Ironhead said:
no i did not get laid last night i had to put out this morning before she went to work :aetsch:

i bought it from this forum ,,,thought i could wine about it in this forum also :aetsch:
coool morning tang:p

adjust the idle screw, or loosen the philips heads a touch, open and close it, then retighten slightly, shoudl take care of it ya big goofball:itsme: :itsme: :itsme: :itsme: :aetsch:

VIPR PWR said:
Others have said to re-flash the computer SCT.
Chub said there was a bad run on some from the viper car site.
Others have adjust the idle screw.
But I think the majority are very satisfied with them.
Contact Cherry preformance or BBK --info on earlier posts...
the ones for the viper are a little different, those they are still working on a fix from what I have been told:dontknow:

Da1Chief said:
Every one of the TBs that Stinker got was AFTER the sticking/rough idle was noted... They held up sending them to him until after the problem was resolved. I wouldn't worry about the ones he got or sold... As a matter of fact I have one of his myself and it is being installed Mid April along with my Mopar Headers.... :)

Thanks again Stinker... Yooou Beee Daaaa
Mannnn !!!!!! :rock: :rock: :rock: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant:

Nice. Well that is a relief.

QuickSilver said:
Did you disconnect the battery when you installed?
Try one of these, probably not gonna help with TB thing, but ya won't have to listen to the CD changer go nuts everytime ya disconect the battery.:D

You can buy a COMPUTER MEMORY SAVER that will keep your radio settings clock and PCM memory supplied with power while you replace the battery.

You can get them at most larger auto parts stores

http://www.jcwhitney.com/jcwhitney/...1&statenval=2004+200018048&_requestid=3787972

Attachments

• MEMORY SAVER.jpg
    MEMORY SAVER.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 13
OK THEN,,, WHAT WAS THE PROBLEM WITH THE PRE STINKER TB'S ??? What did BBK do to fix it?

Last edited:
Ironhead said:
just installed the BBk ,,,i have to say im not to happy ,,,mine will stick at almost 2000 rpm ,,if i flip the trottle it goes down to normal ,,,,i am thinking of putting my xmetal single blade back on :mad: for the price of this thing as i see it right now its not worth it:mad:
Drive around until it hangs. Once it hangs, dont blip the throttle to get it down. Leave it stuck, pull over and open the head. You'll see a gap between the throttle linkage and the idle set screw. Turn the idle set screw in. just to the point that it touches the linkage. You should be good to go after that.

i have fixed this problem ,,,and it is not a ecm learning thing as i thought it was the same as the xmetel Tb i have ,,

the pic is a tad blury but right were the blades and shaft meet up there are tiny drag marks on body side and on blades ,,,i took some 2000 grit sand paper and polished it up dabed it with some mobil one and its as smooth as all get out now,,i also loosened the spring cause it was too stiff when i wanted to just feather throttle a tiny bit

001-6.jpg

Ironhead said:
i have fixed this problem ,,,and it is not a ecm learning thing as i thought it was the same as the xmetel Tb i have ,,

the pic is a tad blury but right were the blades and shaft meet up there are tiny drag marks on body side and on blades ,,,i took some 2000 grit sand paper and polished it up dabed it with some mobil one and its as smooth as all get out now,,i also loosened the spring cause it was too stiff when i wanted to just feather throttle a tiny bit

001-6.jpg

great. i'll check that area.

tried some extra spring pressure, at the TB & at the gas pedal. thought it helped but did it twice on my rat killin run today

another way is to remove it ,hold it up to a bright light ,,,you should have a tiny bit of light coming out around the blades ,if you have a dark spot with no light going through ,thats were you will drag a bit ,,i had to do this three time to get it were i wanted it ,,,:D

Ironhead said:
another way is to remove it ,hold it up to a bright light ,,,you should have a tiny bit of light coming out around the blades ,if you have a dark spot with no light going through ,thats were you will drag a bit ,,i had to do this three time to get it were i wanted it ,,,:D

Thanks for the tip, i havent installed mine yet ill do this before i put i in:congrats: :congrats:

glad to help bro:rock: ,,,o and my truck is running like a bat out of hell:burnout:

Mine's been fine in regards to sticking - no problems at all. I've been struggling to get my TV cable set properly though. It may have an issue with improper geometry of the linkage, but I haven't sat down and taken measurements yet - working too much to take the time. :(

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back