BBK Throttle Body available NOW

SANTEEN said:
I thought that I had the throttle hanging resolved. But it's not. Chubbs was in the truck with me today and it would stick at about 900 rpm. If tapped the throttle quickly it comes down. When I got home I pulled into the driveway and left it running in park with the throttle hanging. Checked and there was about 1/16 of an inch of space in between the throttle stop screw and the throttle linkage. Turned the screw in another half turn, just to the point were it touches the throttle linkage (about 1 1/4 total turns since the install), so I'll see how that goes. Anyone else having this issue or is it just me?

bout the same here.

did good for aweek or so. showed back up when the snow hit.
got bout 3/4 turn in on the screw now & seein how that does.

Still testing mine ---seems to have improved the last time out......have not had to adjust the screw yet....

ZCx said:
bout the same here.

did good for aweek or so. showed back up when the snow hit.
got bout 3/4 turn in on the screw now & seein how that does.
Have you ever had your Truck tuned?

:itsme:
Quick

I ended up having to adjust mine virtually all the way down to get a decent idle speed.

Have had zero issues with it hanging, the throttle response is very good, and obviously it can support some good power.;)

QuickSilver said:

Quick
It's not a case of the tune on his truck. When it hangs, you can actually put it in park, go to the TB and pull the linkage back slightly and the idle will go right down to 750 rpm. It's sticking. :dontknow:

SANTEEN said:
It's not a case of the tune on his truck. When it hangs, you can actually put it in park, go to the TB and pull the linkage back slightly and the idle will go right down to 750 rpm. It's sticking. :dontknow:
A good tuner can adjust that little idle-motor thingy to any rpm he wants....
After install you make sure the idle is where you want it during the tune...its a brain thing, not a manual thing.
The tuner is teaching the idle-motor thingy... not your Truck. You may have to have her tuned, you went from a 65mm to a 67mm.

Quick

Last edited:
QuickSilver said:
A good tuner can adjust that little idle-motor thingy to any rpm he wants....
After install you make sure the idle is where you want it during the tune...its a brain thing, not a manual thing.
The tuner is teaching the idle-motor thingy... not your Truck.

Quick
Gotcha. Didn't know that.

QuickSilver said:

Quick

not yet.:(

goin with a Roe STC hopin bout a month:D :rock:

ZCx said:
not yet.:(

goin with a Roe STC hopin bout a month:D :rock:
Vman455 also has a Roe-Tune, and has posted NO problems with his T/B. :elefant:

I'm just say'en,
Quick

Last edited:
QuickSilver said:
Vman455 also has a Roe-Tune, and has posted NO problems with his T/B. :elefant:

I'm just saying,
Quick

ummmm:elefant: :elefant:

might push the gettin date up a bit, lol:rock: :burnout:

just missed his STC sale:( :(

Last edited:
Word of warning with the tune: your gas mileage might drop significantly, due to increased use of the right foot.

He had a sale on the SCT's? I paid what's listed on the site now. I thought that was the sale.:dontknow:

Still doing fine after a week ----Have others figured out why the sticking has returned or is still there ---just in case....
Where did you hook up the wire bracket that use to connect to the lower throttle body bolt ?

VIPR PWR said:
Still doing fine after a week ----Have others figured out why the sticking has returned or is still there ---just in case....
Where did you hook up the wire bracket that use to connect to the lower throttle body bolt ?

bout the same here.

was gone for a few days, then showed back up yesterday.

i left the bracket off. took it off the harness & used a tie wrap to secure it

just installed the BBk ,,,i have to say im not to happy ,,,mine will stick at almost 2000 rpm ,,if i flip the trottle it goes down to normal ,,,,i am thinking of putting my xmetal single blade back on :mad: for the price of this thing as i see it right now its not worth it:mad:

i went through the exact same thing with my xmetal ,,,

Taliban dan removed it and found that when tightened down the single blade was dragging a tad ,,,he took a small disk grinder and sanded it down twice before we got it to stop sticking and idleing high,,

also is it just me or is the spring tention on these real tight

Mine was sticking slightly as yours when first installed and was surging pretty good -It cleared up after a few easy test drives for the first week...still doing fine (no Problems)
I still have not floored it ---I want to check to make sure that the travel length of the of the gas pedal is set as to not pull the throttle body linkage to far an possibly bend the throttle linkage.I also had to adjust the kick-down after the install...I never touched the idle adjustment screw either...
Was there some sort of protective coating on the throttle body ---instructions say they come with this coating.....and can cause erratic idle problems if not removed..

no coating on mine it was dry as a popcorn fart:dontknow:

Damn I am not to excited to install the one I got from stinker now. Guess I better hope there is a fix before the snow is gone here.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back