BBK Throttle Body available NOW

SANTEEN said:
It's not a matter of the PCM not setting the idle. The actually TB is sticking very slightly, right befor the throttle stop. I can actually pull it back about 1/32 of an inch and it idles perfectly. :dontknow: Other than that, I'm very happy with it.

I understand that its not the PCM,but you mentioned to turn the set screw and I just mentioned what happened when I turned the set screw and how the idle hung up afterwards,thats all.

When you disconnect the neg./side of the battery to install the T/B you took a little brain with the disconnect.
That being said, when they did mine they let her idle for about 10/min. before anybody drove her....
Just so she could relearn not only the idle-point but a couple of other things as well....:itsme:

:elefant: :elefant:
Quick

If the tps sensor is not put back in right you will fugg your Idle up. Also make sure you put all the lines back (or didnt knock one off or break a line) also the one under the intake. Just a thought.

Cherry Performance said:
I still want to find out if this is an ongoing problem or is this the only one. Has anyone else had a problem with the throttle body:dontknow:

i've got bout the same situation Ron.

thought it was the puter relearnin, but could tap the go pedal & it would go to idle.

removed the TB & rechecked the mountin, looked good.

checked the TPS for bindin, ok & for s&g's pulled & checked the IACM, it was dirty. cleaned the tip of the motor & its bore.

can't seem to make it do it under the hood just with the gas pedal.
checked the alignment of the throttle cable, its fine. got it to hang & was able to check the cable & cable end & both were free. just touched the linkage & went back to idle.

have noticed it when cold. seems more noticable when hot.

but it seems to gettin better just drivin her.

oh & the cruise works fine

another vote for "love mine":rock: :rock: :rock:

I will let them know Carl.
ZCx said:
i've got bout the same situation Ron.

thought it was the puter relearnin, but could tap the go pedal & it would go to idle.

removed the TB & rechecked the mountin, looked good.

checked the TPS for bindin, ok & for s&g's pulled & checked the IACM, it was dirty. cleaned the tip of the motor & its bore.

can't seem to make it do it under the hood just with the gas pedal.
checked the alignment of the throttle cable, its fine. got it to hang & was able to check the cable & cable end & both were free. just touched the linkage & went back to idle.

have noticed it when cold. seems more noticable when hot.

but it seems to gettin better just drivin her.

oh & the cruise works fine

another vote for "love mine":rock: :rock: :rock:

I found the pink paper in the box and it says to adjust the idle set screw if the the throttle hangs upa little. I turned mine in just to the point where it was hanging and reset the PCM again. Seems pretty good now.

I called BBK today to speak to somone in there tech dept. and did not get a call back. I will try again tomorrow. It sounds like you got the TB to work properly now, is that correct Steven?

SANTEEN said:
It's not a matter of the PCM not setting the idle. The actually TB is sticking very slightly, right befor the throttle stop. I can actually pull it back about 1/32 of an inch and it idles perfectly. :dontknow: Other than that, I'm very happy with it.
if you guys go to viper alley and do a search you'll see that this problem is common with the bbk throttle body,most guys with this problem had to send them back,overall it is a good throttle body,just get a few bad ones is all

Cherry Performance said:
I called BBK today to speak to somone in there tech dept. and did not get a call back. I will try again tomorrow. It sounds like you got the TB to work properly now, is that correct Steven?
It's about 80% fixed. It still hangs slightly. Will wait to see what BBK tells ya.

SANTEEN said:
It's about 80% fixed. It still hangs slightly. Will wait to see what BBK tells ya.

same here:rock::rock::rock::rock:

Got mine today:rock: put it on and let it run for 10 mins. like Quick said, and it is working fine. Did not drive it because of snow, but let it run and ran the RRRRR's up and it comes back to idle at about 700rpm. It is working great so far no problems with hang up, lets hope it stays that way:burnout:

bclark05 said:
Got mine today:rock: put it on and let it run for 10 mins. like Quick said, and it is working fine. Did not drive it because of snow, but let it run and ran the RRRRR's up and it comes back to idle at about 700rpm. It is working great so far no problems with hang up, lets hope it stays that way:burnout:

:rock: :rock: :rock: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

.........HUSTON, WE HAVE LIFT-OFF!

:aetsch: :aetsch: :aetsch: :aetsch: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant:

QuickSilver said:

get her tuned??????

TXRamSRT10 said:
Got snow here in the dallas/fort worth area Texas...hopefully to install this weekend,

yeah we did. real snow:aetsch: :aetsch: :aetsch: :aetsch: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant:

ZCx said:
get her tuned??????
Same tune, just had her checked-out after the header install new cam sensor,
new High-Pressure line for the power/steering (NOT under warranty):(
She was tuned with the single-blade 67mm T/B.
NO sticking..... works perfect! :elefant: :elefant:

Thx. Ron,
Jerry

QuickSilver said:
Same tune, just had her checked-out after the header install new cam sensor,
new High-Pressure line for the power/steering (NOT under warranty):(
She was tuned with the single-blade 67mm T/B.
NO sticking..... works perfect! :elefant: :elefant:

Thx. Ron,
Jerry

:rock: :rock: :rock: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

QuickSilver said:

HOUSTON !!!!!!:aetsch: :aetsch:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details