BBK Throttle Body

Would you buy a BBK Throttle Body

• Total voters
does it have to be tuned after this TB is installed or the computer corrects for it automatically? Running all stock so far, actually, its never ran, yet. But looking at some performance mods and probably headers as well.

the puter will "learn", but still good idea to get a tune.

:rock: :rock: :rock: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

UPS is delivering mine today, i got it from Summit $399.99 ,and i used a $25 summit bucks. It was on backorder till June 7th when I put my order in a few weeks ago. BBK must have made a new batch of them. I will put it on tonight.

AZBLACKMONSOON said:
UPS is delivering mine today, i got it from Summit $399.99 ,and i used a $25 summit bucks. It was on backorder till June 7th when I put my order in a few weeks ago. BBK must have made a new batch of them. I will put it on tonight.
Cool please keep us updated!!!!!!!!!!

I received it yesterday looks like a very nice unit. I checked for an even gap around the blades and there is no sign of touching ,so I don't see any problems with it sticking. I was too tired to put it on last nght , will try for this afternoon.

I must have set a record for installing one of these, 18 min with a hot engine. I had a ton of errands to do and wanted to get it on before i lost daylight. Throttle response is definately improved, can really tell the diffrence in part throttle , and wide open of course too. I am getting some sticking at idle , but i think it has to do with the gas pedal cable and not any mechanical binding. I checked the cruise cable and it is slack and trans is fine also but gas pedal does not have any slack. It starts to stick when the engine warms up to temp not when its cold. If you blip it the rpm falls to 600 or 700 if you give it gas really slow and lift off ,the idle will hang at 1100 rpm . If I blip it again it will fall to normal idle . I will check the throttle cable when i get off work later today and see if i can adjust it to get a little slack in the cable. I also diconnected the battery to do a reset before I fired it up. In case it had to relearn its idle , the instruction didn't say to do that , but i always do a reset after any mod. I'm also running the stock ECM right now, and changed plugs a few weeks ago. I will put the stage 2 ecm back in a few days and we'll see how she runs then.

Last edited:
AZBLACKMONSOON said:
I am getting some sticking at idle , but i think it has to do with the gas pedal cable and not any mechanical binding. I checked the cruise cable and it is slack and trans is fine also but gas pedal does not have any slack. It starts to stick when the engine warms up to temp not when its cold. If you blip it the rpm falls to 600 or 700 if you give it gas really slow and lift off ,the idle will hang at 1100 rpm . If I blip it again it will fall to normal idle . .

mine did the same till i called BBK and sent it back they made some changes and looks like they replaced the blades and shaft ,,,no charge ,,

Ironhead said:
mine did the same till i called BBK and sent it back they made some changes and looks like they replaced the blades and shaft ,,,no charge ,,
you still have the number and name of who you dealt with up there?

Hey thanx for the update. Im curious to see what is causing it too stick. Please update when you figure it out!

AZBLACKMONSOON said:
I must have set a record for installing one of these, 18 min with a hot engine. I had a ton of errands to do and wanted to get it on before i lost daylight. Throttle response is definately improved, can really tell the diffrence in part throttle , and wide open of course too. I am getting some sticking at idle , but i think it has to do with the gas pedal cable and not any mechanical binding. I checked the cruise cable and it is slack and trans is fine also but gas pedal does not have any slack. It starts to stick when the engine warms up to temp not when its cold. If you blip it the rpm falls to 600 or 700 if you give it gas really slow and lift off ,the idle will hang at 1100 rpm . If I blip it again it will fall to normal idle . I will check the throttle cable when i get off work later today and see if i can adjust it to get a little slack in the cable. I also diconnected the battery to do a reset before I fired it up. In case it had to relearn its idle , the instruction didn't say to do that , but i always do a reset after any mod. I'm also running the stock ECM right now, and changed plugs a few weeks ago. I will put the stage 2 ecm back in a few days and we'll see how she runs then.

AZBLACKMONSOON said:
you need to add a return spring , had a customer had the same prob, added a return spring, and fixed the problem

ARRESTmeRed04 said:
you still have the number and name of who you dealt with up there?

just call them and ask to talk to the tech ,,,they will take care of it for you ,,i have not reinstalled mine yet to see if it works ,,but you have a 1 year warrenty on it for repair or replacement ,,i sent mine back and in two weeks i got it back ,,,i had same problem worked killer when cold but when engine was good and woarmed up it would stick ,,,

when i took mine off you could hold open the blades and see a drag mark in tb right were the shaft and blade came together ,,i also did the extra return spring and it did help but not completly

Ironhead said:
just call them and ask to talk to the tech ,,,they will take care of it for you ,,i have not reinstalled mine yet to see if it works ,,but you have a 1 year warrenty on it for repair or replacement ,,i sent mine back and in two weeks i got it back ,,,i had same problem worked killer when cold but when engine was good and woarmed up it would stick ,,,

when i took mine off you could hold open the blades and see a drag mark in tb right were the shaft and blade came together ,,i also did the extra return spring and it did help but not completly

looks like mine is back.

showed up after the 2nd set of laps @ LFC, ran 120ish, came off the track & was way stuck.

so looks like time for they to fix it

who pays shippin Iron????:dontknow:

:rock: :rock: :rock:

505'sFastestViper. said:
i wouldnt buy one because i already have a roe tb

My Roe has done me fine, SOP feels nice with a slight increase over stock but to be honest, it's hard to judge at times, like any TB. ;) When I saw a BBK for sale on here having only been on a few weeks and the reason being "no increase over stock" pretty much confirmed my decision not to buy one. Like most TB, they're all much of a muchness and are often just a case of fancy advertising with a slight increase over the purposefully designed OEM unit.

2c

Thanx for the input!

Carlwalski said:

My Roe has done me fine, SOP feels nice with a slight increase over stock but to be honest, it's hard to judge at times, like any TB. ;) When I saw a BBK for sale on here having only been on a few weeks and the reason being "no increase over stock" pretty much confirmed my decision not to buy one. Like most TB, they're all much of a muchness and are often just a case of fancy advertising with a slight increase over the purposefully designed OEM unit.

2c

I got to take a look at again last night, I made a couple of adjustments , I turned the stop screw in 1 full turn , and loosened the screws on the cable bracket and tilted the assembly forward a little more. It's definatly only happens when the engine is heatsoaked ,sitting in traffic or idle for a while. It may be a diffrence of metal expansion of the cast aluminum and the steel blades. I'll run it for a week or so , i'll pull it off and see where its dragging and polish that section. If the cable adjustment doesn't help

ZCx said:
looks like mine is back.

showed up after the 2nd set of laps @ LFC, ran 120ish, came off the track & was way stuck.

so looks like time for they to fix it

who pays shippin Iron????:dontknow:

:rock: :rock: :rock:

i payed it going there they paid it coming back !i looked at mine real close they also changed the body too ,,,so as far as i can tell the only thing the same is the shaft itself ,,,i will install when i get a chance if it sticks just once i will remove it and ask for a refund ,,,i cant really tell too much if any diff between my Xmetal and BBK ,,,except my X does not stick

Last edited:
AZBLACKMONSOON said:
I got to take a look at again last night, I made a couple of adjustments , I turned the stop screw in 1 full turn , and loosened the screws on the cable bracket and tilted the assembly forward a little more. It's definatly only happens when the engine is heatsoaked ,sitting in traffic or idle for a while. It may be a diffrence of metal expansion of the cast aluminum and the steel blades. I'll run it for a week or so , i'll pull it off and see where its dragging and polish that section. If the cable adjustment doesn't help

do like i did get some oil and a q-tip and on each end were the shaft enters body dab it a few times ,,,i bet it wont stick anymore till oil is gone ,,,remember you have a year warrenty if you polish it too much and they see it they may not warrenty it :dontknow:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back