BBK Throttle Body

right, just curious about that 40 HP for someone who may not be able to afford a SCT or factory PCM re-flash.

what are your thoughts on those claims i've seen stated?? 70-80 seems excessive for the same price as the SCT delivers. i never got around to dynoing mine before or since my mods to verify anything. i know it improved my numbers but i don't know how much, i have so much wheel spin now that i'm actually going slower in the 1/4 than faster.

are you HP/TQ numbers just an SCT or with mods? and if modded, what mods??

I'm trying to remember if the MOPAR Performance PCM also required a cam change......it's been to many years since I looked into that. QC's get bigger gains, due to the change in TQ management with the transmission. RC gains are not so much, without other mods.

I have Striker Heads/Cam combo supplied by rottenronnie. I also have a full B&B exhaust, although I had a full MOPAR Performance exhaust when we dyno'd.

Last edited:
I'm trying to remember if the MOPAR Performance PCM also required a cam change......it's been to many years since I looked into that. QC's get bigger gains, due to the change in TQ management with the transmission. RC gains are not so much, with out other mods.

I have Striker Heads/Cam combo supplied by rottenronnie. I also have a full B&B exhaust, although I had a full MOPAR Performance exhaust when we dyno'd.

thanks, always wondered about those with 11-12 sec time slips without head/cam work. at 2300-2500 elevation i should be closer than 13.8-14.2 when compared to them. with the lack of traction after mods i'm back at 14-14.5

If what oldcolt is saying is true about disassembling the stock TB to reuse the blades, is it still worth it over the BBK?

Some have had concerns with idle issues after BBK installation. Taking the throttle body apart is really quite simple.

To be more clear, I didn't gain 40hp from the IAT mod. I had showed even less hp than stock on the first pull with hot underhood temps and no cool air moving through the intake. When it had cooled and had a fan blowing at the grill it pulled the higher number.

To be more clear, I didn't gain 40hp from the IAT mod. I had showed even less hp than stock on the first pull with hot underhood temps and no cool air moving through the intake. When it had cooled and had a fan blowing at the grill it pulled the higher number.

i got that, just wondering if after the mod you had tested it to see if it fooled the computer enough on a hot motor to maintain the 40 hp that a cooler motor got

my JTSV TB was a pain in the ... , it is installed after alot in and out for sanding the blades , still i have several times when i drive that idle hangs at 1000rpm , when i pinch the throttle a bit , it goes to 650rpm.
maybe i'm gonna get it out of the truck one more time for extra sanding to keep this problem go away...:(

other than that , the truck response is much better.

i got that, just wondering if after the mod you had tested it to see if it fooled the computer enough on a hot motor to maintain the 40 hp that a cooler motor got

No i haven't. The nearest dyno place is a little pricey, and I'm a little lazy. It will be interesting to see what happens next time I do, though.

I just bought the jtsvp one, very nice piece but you should spend some time on it. I spent about 6-8 hours, countersunk the npt plugs so they sit flush with the inside on the throttle body bore, also sanded in multiple steps and polished everything a few times especially the blades. Now that's it's done I'm very happy and it should preform nicely won't know til spring though. I tossed around the idea of the bbk just for the ease of installation but I actually had a good time taking my stock tb apart and putting the jtsvp together.

I hate my JTSVP tb with a passion.

I'll be buying a BBK when I get the chance.

mine....

Got mine from Scott. Its a Racing Solutions Tb. Its a single blade, like the BBK..
No issues at all.

Finally got around to installing my Roe single blade tb, no issues or hanging idle. It added 20 hp just in looks alone !!

I hate my JTSVP tb with a passion.

I'll be buying a BBK when I get the chance.

I have a used BBK I'd be happy to trade with you. I will have it powder coated any color you want or polished.

Quick question. My BBK has a small hang at the start of the throttle press. It's in the throttle body cause I can feel it under the hood operating by hand. Just a bit hard to press then they free up. Is this common?

You only need to turn the set screw so the butterflies don't drag on the throat. give it a half turn. the computer will relearn the idle or you can disconnect the battery for a short time to reset the computer. it will take a few minuites of driving for the computer to re-learn.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back