Best Performance Mod Ever

caveman

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here (no I'm not), enjoy long walks on the beach (yes I do), and think that maybe 4:88's would turn a RC into a Hellcat eating monster. Anyone here ever tried this?

Hi, I'm new here (no I'm not), enjoy long walks on the beach (yes I do), and think that maybe 4:88's would turn a RC into a Hellcat eating monster. Anyone here ever tried this?

So the prodigal son returns.

Welcome back, if only for a short time, to the VTCoA!

Caveman....is that really you?? :)

Strikers and cam...BTW!

Oh how I've missed you! :beer::cheers::five::knuddel::knuddel:

Caveman....is that really you?? :)
. Kinda. I'm a shell of my former self, and a bit rougher around the edges, but still alive.

Strikers and cam...BTW!
N/A power :rock:

Come to south Carolina next week and claim your prize.
The bet included shipping, welcher.

That’s where the cool kids will be...
Jeremy was there? Paul was there? Justin was there? E was there? What about any of the boys from Canada who actually make power with their trucks? No? Oh, that's what I thought.

Welcome to teh club!
Read what you wrote out loud. Read it again. Now record yourself reading it aloud and post it here for us to have a long LOL at your expense. :D

I love walks on the beach too.
We should go together sometime. :love:

Oh how I've missed you! :beer::cheers::five::knuddel::knuddel:
That's the gayest thing I've heard all morning... totally made me feel warm and fuzzy inside!

Are you happy with them? Would you prefer something else?

I talked to him at length about it after he posted here. He said that after doing all kinds of racing (drag racing, both street and strip, road coarse, half mile, etc) that he wishes he would have gone with 5.13’s, or even shorter. He also recommended switching to an 18” wheel and really low profile tires to make for an even awesomer ride. He probably talked for 35 minutes non-stop about it. Give him a call and see what you think ((570) 449-5591‬). Tell him you posted here, you’re getting all your parts from Dr Viper, etc. I’m sure he’ll be happy to talk.

Damn it caveman! I just fell out of my chair.....now I need a chiropractor! :D:D

I talked to him at length about it after he posted here. He said that after doing all kinds of racing (drag racing, both street and strip, road coarse, half mile, etc) that he wishes he would have gone with 5.13’s, or even shorter. He also recommended switching to an 18â€￾ wheel and really low profile tires to make for an even awesomer ride. He probably talked for 35 minutes non-stop about it. Give him a call and see what you think ((570) 449-5591‬). Tell him you posted here, you’re getting all your parts from Dr Viper, etc. I’m sure he’ll be happy to talk.

This shit never gets old....... Glad to see you are doing well. I wish this forum could rewind about 5 years back to the good ol' days.

Are you happy with them? Would you prefer something else?

Don't ever use anything besides 4:56's. Save yourself from experimenting.... unless you are using a 27" - 28" slicks, then you can get away with running 4:10's. If you have anything more than 100% stock power 4:88's are useless.

The Viper engine isn't a high revving old-school small-block Chev (that can take advantage of deep gears), when you wanted to hit max r.p.m. in high gear at the end of the 1/4 mile.

The 390 M&H drag radials on 17" wheels effectively turn my 4.56 into a 4.90 ratio because those DRs are much lower than the OEM wheels and tires.

Personally, I don't like it as "the 4.90s" try to turn a long-legged power producing Strider into a Sprinter; but I do think it would ET the same pulling a trailer or small boat as it would empty with that gearing. :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back