Blackviper Engine Build

Can't say I didn't warn ya.

Yeah. The funny thing is that I think the Infinity amp sounds better. Since I changed my head unit to that of one off a 2007 Jeep SRT-8 and installed the Lockpick, the stereo sounded better and louder because the Lockpick changes the stereo output to surround sound mode like if you are watching a movie. The VES symbol is constantly displayed and has become the default setting.

jorge you should get an "epiccenter" It allows you to really fine tune the bass and cleans it up alot. very easy to install

FerrariTruck said:
jorge you should get an "epiccenter" It allows you to really fine tune the bass and cleans it up alot. very easy to install

That works on the "low level" side also. I remember having one back when they came out in the 90's. Made a huge difference.

Damn dude your trick is sick!! Iv'e been wondering about upgrading the system in my qc....seems that the kicker kit is the way to go!!

blackviper said:
Yeah. The funny thing is that I think the Infinity amp sounds better. Since I changed my head unit to that of one off a 2007 Jeep SRT-8 and installed the Lockpick, the stereo sounded better and louder because the Lockpick changes the stereo output to surround sound mode like if you are watching a movie. The VES symbol is constantly displayed and has become the default setting.
Ypu do know that you can change modes, from surround to non-surround with the kicker amp? Just turn the volume knob two clicks to the left and then two click to the right. If that doesn't work, try the reverse order that I just said. Two clicks to the right and then two clicks the left.

SANTEEN said:
Ypu do know that you can change modes, from surround to non-surround with the kicker amp? Just turn the volume knob two clicks to the left and then two click to the right. If that doesn't work, try the reverse order that I just said. Two clicks to the right and then two clicks the left.

And hop on your left foot while rubbing you belly in a counter clockwise motion. After 5 rotations change up and hop on your right foot while rubbing your belly in a clockwise motion. If this doesn't work, Santeen will come do it for you :D

Well here is the write up on the Kicker audio upgrade. I went back to the Infinity amp and subwoofer. The overall sound is much improved as now I can get a lot more midbase and not get overwhelmed by the Kicker sub. My setup is a bit unique as I am using the head unit off a 2007 Jeep SRT-8 with a Lockpick which sets the default of the unit in VES surround mode. The VES mode improves the quality of the sound as well as increases the volume. I do however recommend the speaker upgrade as the midbase is much tighter.The plugs on the Kicker dash speakers have to get modified in order to work on the 2006s.

For those of you that stick to the factory head unit, I would recommend upgrading to the Kicker amp simply because it gives you the surround sound option.

I guess the Kicker sub is a matter of preference. If you enjoy really hard hitting base that overwhelms everything else, then this maybe for you.

Last edited:
Here are some pics after it was all cleaned up. I will programming the Dashdaq tomorrow and it's ready for the dyno.

DSCN1494.jpg

DSCN1501.jpg

DSCN1495.jpg

DSCN1499.jpg

DSCN1496.jpg

DSCN1497.jpg

DSCN1498.jpg

DSCN1503.jpg

DSCN1504.jpg

DSCN1505.jpg

DSCN1506.jpg

DSCN1509.jpg

DSCN1510.jpg

That is really nice... Congrats

I know I have a pending trans build or replacement. I haven't decided which way to go with that yet

Ultimately, I'd like to run the truck on E85. Since it takes about 30% more volume the regular fuel, I would need to change my current fuel setup to handle the additional volume required.

blackviper said:
I know I have a pending trans build or replacement. I haven't decided which way to go with that yet

Ultimately, I'd like to run the truck on E85. Since it takes about 30% more volume the regular fuel, I would need to change my current fuel setup to handle the additional volume required.
I'm preparing myself for that also. I too dont know which route to go. I was leaning towards ATF in Ft. Lauderdale. But, I've been there twice for fluid flush and band adjustments. Both times, they told me bands were adjusted fine. But, when I went to adjust the bands last weekend, they were both out of adjustment. They seemed very good and I may give them the benefit of the doubt. Maybe the additionof the Paxton, caused the need for adjustment.:dontknow: But, now I'm more leaning towards Dusty at HTS. Suncoast is a no go. Heard of too many issues with them after about 10,000 miles or so.

I'm thinking the same thing. I've spoken to Dusty in length and his builds hold a considerable amount of records. He is constantly competing in some sort of event which should keep him at the top of his game.

blackviper said:
Here are some pics after it was all cleaned up. I will programming the Dashdaq tomorrow and it's ready for the dyno.

DSCN1494.jpg

DSCN1501.jpg

DSCN1495.jpg

DSCN1499.jpg

DSCN1496.jpg

DSCN1497.jpg

DSCN1498.jpg

DSCN1503.jpg

DSCN1504.jpg

DSCN1505.jpg

DSCN1506.jpg

DSCN1509.jpg

DSCN1510.jpg

that truck is simply bad ass i just got bout 30 ideas from ur pics and i thought i was close to being done on modding awesome rig bud:elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :rock:

blackviper said:
I'm thinking the same thing. I've spoken to Dusty in length and his builds hold a considerable amount of records. He is constantly competing in some sort of event which should keep him at the top of his game.

I have HTS parts in my tranny,valve body,bands,servo's,actuator,heavy duty bearings,ss 727 basket,4-2 lever, etc....,its working perfectly:rock: , Exactly how Dusty explained and said it would:rock: :burnout: :rock: :burnout: ,and it actually downshifts on its own now,it didn't do that before,and no problem chirping the tires hard into second!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back