Blackviper Engine Build

awesome pics of an awesome truck ! ! !
very nice material :rock:

Here are the exhaust installation pics. It sounds really good but I will be adding an H pipe to equalize the sound from one side of the truck to the other.

DSCN1104.jpg

DSCN1103.jpg

DSCN1102.jpg

DSCN1101.jpg

Here are a few visual mods I did today. I'm curently waiting for a bunch of Innovate tunning and logging devices. Just broke 1000 miles. It shouldn't be much longer before I know what it's capable of.

DSCN1106.jpg

DSCN1107.jpg

DSCN1111.jpg

DSCN1113.jpg

DSCN1114.jpg

DSCN1115.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good. I like the eyes. Now get that truck dyno'd. I now you will join me in the 700 club. I want to see how much over me you will be.

I will be installing 6 Innovate widebands, one on the first, middle and last cylinders. I'm also installling 2 additional widebands, one per each exhaust bank to get their average.

I'll have all this wired to a Dashdaq which also picks up all the OBDII information. The Dasdaq has the ability to view 32 parameters at once and can record countless minutes of information.

I'll be done with the installation over the next week. Then its off to see Sean. The truck is well past the 1000 mile mark already.

You cannot go wrong with the H pipe it made mine alot more nice sounding! lol if that makes any sence... you'll love the H pipe for sure

You will definitely be gathering enough information to safely tune the beast to its max. ARRESTme - Gotta watch those back cylinders, they tend to run warmer and ping first.

Sean advised me on the O2 placement.

It's had the H pipe on for almost two weeks. It definitely deepens the tone.

I also installed the 75hp nitrous pills to start. Considering the nitrous is being compressed and cooling the charge, it should net approx 125hp. We'll max out the Lysholm before we move onto the nitrous to get the blower numbers first.

It will be done and tune very soon.

blackviper said:
I will be installing 6 Innovate widebands, one on the first, middle and last cylinders. I'm also installling 2 additional widebands, one per each exhaust bank to get their average.

I'll have all this wired to a Dashdaq which also picks up all the OBDII information. The Dasdaq has the ability to view 32 parameters at once and can record countless minutes of information.

Can you tell me more about this logging system?

I looked at the Innovative website. Are you using the LC-1 and routing them to the dashdaq?

Any info you can share is greatly appreciated as my restrictor plates were modified. So I am fearful that I am not running even across all cylinders.

Yes. You can create a daisy chain with the LC1's and wire them up to the Dashdaq's serial port. I'm also using 2 Autometer widebands and wiring them to the Dashdaq's two 5v inputs. The Dashdaq lets you monitor up to 32 parameters at the same time and record them all at once.

blackviper said:
Yes. You can create a daisy chain with the LC1's and wire them up to the Dashdaq's serial port. I'm also using 2 Autometer widebands and wiring them to the Dashdaq's two 5v inputs. The Dashdaq lets you monitor up to 32 parameters at the same time and record them all at once.

how mcu would it cost me to have you build another intercooler as urs is set up and all the attaching hardware:dontknow:

I'd like to get the tuning done on it before I put all the information out there. I want to measure the power gains vs. the trouble and expense. Hopefully, it will all be worth it.

Waiting patiently...thinking that "The Viper Whisperer" will tune it beautifully, and we will all be very proud of what you have accomplished George!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back