Bone's Engine Pull - Part Deux

bracketsm.jpg

bracketsm2.jpg

T. Dan installing the pumps.

compsm.jpg

compsm2.jpg

compsm3.jpg

Assembled bundle.

Due to the 'socks' in the last picture being on the bottom, T. Dan had to install some stops to raise the socks off the bottom to properly siphon the fuel from the tank with no restrictions. Our stock intank pump has the sock vertical at the bottom of the tank and not laying flat at the bottom.

fyi, sock =
A mesh filter sock on the end of the fuel pickup tube inside the tank helps prevent the big pieces of dirt and rust from entering fuel system.

Finished tank.

tanksm2.jpg

The rest of the install was wiring which T. Dan did in a flash. Also, used existing activation switch to trigger 2nd pump, instead of adding an additional switch. Comes on around 3 psi.

FYI, Kenne Bell boost a pump controls the first pump only (how we wired it up).

I still have two additional 255 pumps underneath my truck, not in tank pumps. Have not hooked them up in-line. They were an upgrade for a Paxton equipped truck, but they were not regulated so the fuel line pressure would go about our 58 psi obviously. Option were to add a regulator at the fuel rail.

Most likely will not need these two extra pumps with the system now.

I still have one of the stock pistons :D I use it for an ash tray when smokers are in need :rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back