Bone's Engine Pull - Part Deux

tinygiants said:
Bone,
I just found the same problem with my computer and the todos card reader while using vista 32bit on my laptop. Will the laptop read the vec box directly?
Thanks
Dale

It should be able to and data log with the serial cable.

Stinker said:
my windows xp would read mine tiny

Yeah, when my laptop had Windows XP it would, now that I have Vista (64 bit), it doesn't. Not positive if that is the reason, but it is the leading reason right now.

tinygiants said:
Mine did as well, but that computer crashed. My current laptop is Vista 32 bit. It will not read my cardreader. I was wondering if Bone got it to read the VEC box while using Vista.

Nope. Been an on-going saga with Tech support from Sweden. A little language barrier too.

As I have heard on other install issues with Vista is that if program doesn't install properly, Vista just doesn't tell you like XP did. No notification either way. :mad:

I have Windows 7 (beta) on another laptop, and it didn't work either. :confused:

I have the same issue with Vista. I let Sean know about the problem last December. I managed to get it to work sparatically but every so often it locks up. I've sinced switched back to XP until there is a fix.

blackviper said:
I have the same issue with Vista. I let Sean know about the problem last December. I managed to get it to work sparatically but every so often it locks up. I've sinced switched back to XP until there is a fix.

My wife's company has found many problems with proprietary software when using Vista...and the fixes were very slow in coming. They have moved back to XP corporation wide.

Vista is a Dog that will NOT Hunt. Go back, if you can, to XP. It is much more stable and is much more business software friendly. Windows 7 is still too young to know how it will work, let others be the beta testers.

I have been into computers and software for over 30 years and still make my living at it... Take it or leave it, that is just MHO... :)

Da1Chief said:
Vista is a Dog that will NOT Hunt. Go back, if you can, to XP. It is much more stable and is much more business software friendly. Windows 7 is still too young to know how it will work, let others be the beta testers.

I have been into computers and software for over 30 years and still make my living at it... Take it or leave it, that is just MHO... :)

My son is majoring in computer science and plans on going into software design...he says the same thing ..Vista is poop...he is also one of the beta testers for Windows 7...

Thanks Stinker got the pulley!

Let's see if #3 pulley will work for me! :eek:

Attachments

• pumpandpulley.jpg
    pumpandpulley.jpg
    306.6 KB · Views: 35
Venom Hood fitted, painted and installed.

Pictures took in garage, already dark out, I will get some in the sunlight tomorrow.

resize1.jpg

resize2.jpg

Work was done locally at RCI in Warner Robins, GA. Several of us had diner with Sean Rollons, the owner of RCI, at the last Macon GTG. Super work done! Fits perfectly.
View attachment rcism.bmp

Last edited:
Bone said:
Venom Hood fitted, painted and installed.

Pictures took in garage, already dark out, I will get some in the sunlight tomorrow.

View attachment 40093

View attachment 40094

Work was done locally at RCI in Warner Robins, GA. Several of us had diner with Sean Rollons, the owner of RCI, at the last Macon GTG. Super work done! Fits perfectly.
View attachment 40095
:congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

LOL, I don't know why his business card gets so expanded.

I will attempt a resize.

More pics tomorrow. These don't do it justice.

blackviper said:
Very nice Bone. Hopefully, I'll have one soon.
your less than a week away bud, things are actually ready to go , I just gone one more small thing to take care of;)

thanks Bone, Glad you like it \bud:D

It only means the production hoods will be even better and hotter!
Vents out quite a bit of heat too.
There is a tray underneath the vents which keeps rain/water from pouring on your engine.

Here's some outdoor pics.
sm1.jpg

SM2.jpg

sm3.jpg

As you can see, I had my screens painted black to match hood.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back