CAI on SRT10's must be made of gold

No, that is THIS thread. And I only bitched about a CAI. The other thread I mentioned that the sig photos were extremely distracting and made navigating the threads a pain in the ass.

I don't have sticker shock at the cost of the truck or many of the mods. But I swore I saw a CAI for $800 and I couldn't comprehend what the hell would make any CAI cost that much.

By the way, so far, this has been the most unwelcoming forum I have come across for cars in a looong time. I hope it isn't a sign of the general pop in here.

sounds like some hurt your vagina... :D tuff in up cheif .. if I ever needed help with my truck this is the FIRST place I would go!! everyone here combined will give you more info about your truck than you could ever imagine. just a little teasing thats all!!

PS where is HANK??

sounds like some hurt your vagina... :D tuff in up cheif .. if I ever needed help with my truck this is the FIRST place I would go!! everyone here combined will give you more info about your truck than you could ever imagine. just a little teasing thats all!!

PS where is HANK??

Maybe that is hank :dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:

Damn, this thread turned gay as hell. I liked it more when Dom and Midnight were cat fighting

The OP reminds me of the 12 year old boy that my 11 yo daughter knocked on his ass @ private soccer training the other night. He went crying to his Mom & she had to help him to their car. j/k :D

When people ask about what sort of MPG the 10 gets I just tell them I don't know or care.

Found this:

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/f8/jmb-cai-vs-hennessey-cai-8670/

We have this.

performancedodge_2206_228527501

Here's a pic of my setup.
I have say that I didn't pay for mine. When I first joined this site, RAMDUDE offered his to me for _free_ (thank you again, guy!). All it cost me was the $$ for the hydrographics.

Attachments

• small cai pic.jpg
    small cai pic.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 73
I have say that I didn't pay for mine. When I first joined this site, RAMDUDE offered his to me for _free_ (thank you again, guy!). All it cost me was the $$ for the hydrographics.

So when are you comeing back to glen burnie to meet up with us again? There is 3 us in glen burnie.

So when are you comeing back to glen burnie to meet up with us again? There is 3 us in glen burnie.

Well the next couple of weeks are busy - taking the black one to my grandson's school for a show to support the school, and (probably) taking the truck to Moparpalooza the weekend after. Other than that, almost any time. I would really like to meet up - what's on your guy's agenda?

Only thing I have set on my plate in the near future is the spring OC car show. Not taking the truck to that though since its not going to be in the show (to new).

Damn man, that intake looks good. what did you do to it ?

total different look must say :rock:

I am absolutely shocked at the cost of CAI systems on the SRT10.

I am coming from the Audi world where EVERYTHING is expensive and a CAI is $400 (which I felt was silly also).

So, what's the deal? Although I truly don't expect an answer, maybe there is one. Really, I was simply venting that the cost of the CAI would be well on the way to a sweet exhaust system. Sigh. I had hoped it would be a little cheaper on this side of the pond. I am used to $100 oil changes from my Audi ($100 in oil alone for the 4.2V8) and it seems that the oil cost should be about the same. At least I didn't really flinch at that. But that damn CAI cost is astronomical.

any hobby can be expensive. if you think about it.

I am setting up my reef tank, to buy everything, tank/stand,sump,lights , refugium, RODI unit. skimmer etc. is well over 3K so far.

thats a tank with just water in it, live rock was 5.98 pound X 60 pounds so far. add that in. probably 5K when fish and coral are ready to hit the water, after the Quarantine tank is setup costing more money. get the jist of it.

Damn man, that intake looks good. what did you do to it ?

total different look must say :rock:

All I did was to get the intake tube and "box" hydrographic coated. Used a guy out in Sharpsburg (MD) - he's an old school hot rodder. He worked with me to get the effect of a snake coming out of the throttle body (imagine the filter being the head). I also am having one of JMBs hard radiator pipes done to match - my wife says if I have any more done and it will look like Medusa is under the hood ROFL!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back