Camber Kit???

CubanEvo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:elefant: So i just wanted to know am I going to need a Kamber Kit when I install these parts QA1 Shocks, F&R Endlinks, X-Metal drop and if I do whaer can i get the parts???:confused:

no camber kit, you should be able to get the camber back to factory specs with an alignment. If not, you'll need to grind the upper a-arm mounts a bit. Check out my thread Here also got more info Here about my install

lbstone said:
no camber kit, you should be able to get the camber back to factory specs with an alignment. If not, you'll need to grind the upper a-arm mounts a bit. Check out my thread Here also got more info Here about my install

2006 front end is completely different than 2004-2005.

i couldnt get mine to spec , and didnt want to grind the holes so the alignment guy did his best , ok but not perfect . mine is a 2006 QC

Chuck B said:
2006 front end is completely different than 2004-2005.
In what way? does the truck still have upper and lower A-arms? If so, its the basic setup and shouldn't have any issues issues with camber, then your gonna need to grind out the portion of the upper mount that is closest to the tire.

When they did mine they could not get the camber to spec. It was within a 1/2 a degree on the negative side. Guess what, that was what I wanted anyway.

A little additional negative camber makes for better cornering, which is what I like. Yes, you wear the tire a little more on the inside edge, but that is a price I will pay for the sharper handling.

When I had my Cobra aligned I went with the racing specs on camber. Twisty roads, here I come in the spring. That is if I can ever get any damn time off of work.:(

Silverback said:
When they did mine they could not get the camber to spec. It was within a 1/2 a degree on the negative side. Guess what, that was what I wanted anyway.

A little additional negative camber makes for better cornering, which is what I like. Yes, you wear the tire a little more on the inside edge, but that is a price I will pay for the sharper handling.

When I had my Cobra aligned I went with the racing specs on camber. Twisty roads, here I come in the spring. That is if I can ever get any damn time off of work.:(

that is exactly how mine is set-up... and what i was looking to achieve

I got my 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 SRT10 line up, they told it to the max. It's eating up both of mine front tires bad. If I put a new camber kit will that work?

No "kit" that I'm aware of. Simply lengthen the slots on the A arm mounts. Done...

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back