Car Wash

500 to 600 damaged vehicles?.:eek: ...how do they stay in business?.......sorry about your misfortune....that is one reason why a automatic car wash will never get my money..

That is what the cashier told me and I just looked at her and the people this has happened to always just go to the body shop they tell them to go to. We are a different kind of people and they must not be able to handle people like us. They will get theirs soon enough. :D

6pakattack said:
I used to bring my truck to the AUTO SPA in Naples ALL the time when I lived there,NEVER had 1 problem at all !!!And there were times I took it there 2 or 3 times in a week !! I bought a Car Wash pkg for $500 for a years worth of washes,and NEVER regretted it !!!:rock: :rock: :rock:

I have no reason to doubt that this is true. But it is the exception to the rule.

All it takes is (for just) one idiot to take the rag from the gritty bottom of the rocker panel and drag it back up over the side of your clearcoat and you'll be crying for your mommy like a newborn baby......

Shit still happens...............

D

ghosritr said:
In my best Sopranos imitation:

You want I should visit car wash?

o my god... is this a scale model 1:2 ... or....:eek: :D ;)

PS i hope you have notice : ;) ;) ;) ....... :afraid: :afraid: :afraid:

Only go to drive through car washes if you want your clear coat sanded prior to repainting...:laugh:

About 11 years ago I was taking my company pickup through a car wash we contracted to keep our vehicles clean. The roof brush thingy that comes down from the ceiling ripped the antenna off of the car in front of me and it was caught up in the brush. The brush beat my truck and three cars behind me with the antenna leaving some pretty bad scrapes and scratches in the paint on the hood and roof of the pickup. I didn't care much since it was a company vehicle we used for delivering parts, but the people behind be were pretty pissed. Especially the guy that was driving a BMW.

-Muzzy

This car wash is a full service hand wash car wash. We just got back from the dealer approved body shop. The price tag is almost $1400.:eek: :eek: Yesterday the car wash owner said it was probably around $500 damage. I will be taking the estimate to the owner of the car wash to see if he wants to pay out of his pocket instead of going thru insurance as he stated.

The body shop says the rental equivalent for our trucks is $80 per day and will take 4 days to complete. Does the rental charge seem steep to you guys as the car wash owner will also have to pay this expense? I'm trying to do the right thing without costing me any out of pocket expense.

$80/day does not sound unreasonable for a rental equivalent.
Check for yourself: www.enterprise.com
Trucks tend to be a bit more expensive than regular cars at rental joints.

I'm fortunate enough to have found a touchless automatic place near me, Captain Carwash. I use it regularly in the winter to get all the gunk off the truck. It does a really, really good job. The underbody wash sure is a nice feature too. :)

And nothing touches the truck except for water.
If my clearcoat and paint can't handle that, then....well....

Kevan said:
I'm fortunate enough to have found a touchless automatic place near me, Captain Carwash. I use it regularly in the winter to get all the gunk off the truck. It does a really, really good job. The underbody wash sure is a nice feature too. :)

And nothing touches the truck except for water.

Ditto! These Touchless washes are amazing! We use them regularly for our business/personal rides - except the bikes :) (now that would be funny) :). I haven't taken a vehicle to a "wash and scratch" in at least 12 years. Touchless rules!

Good luck though - I hope the clowns have to pay for everything and not go through insurance! 500-600 damaged vehicles? wtf is that all about? I bet they're insurance went ballistic!

Last edited:
GriMacE 06QuadSRT10 said:
Ditto! These Touchless washes are amazing! We use them regularly for our business/personal rides - except the bikes :) (now that would be funny) :). I haven't taken a vehicle to a "wash and scratch" in at least 12 years. Touchless rules!

Good luck though - I hope the clowns have to pay for everything and not go through insurance! 500-600 damaged vehicles? wtf is that all about? I bet they're insurance went ballistic!

They pay for everything out of their own pockets so it doesn't go through insurrance. I think they do this because if they get another claim against them then they won't have insurrance or something who knows. We just got back from the car wash and I am sure Brad will chime in soon enough to fill you in

Kevan said:

:laugh: Remember that you have a factory paint job :laugh: Just enough color to cover up the metal and primer.

-Muzzy

Damn Jayme. Sorry to hear about the truck!

This thread should be in the offensive section. I'd love to say lots of colorful cuss words about your situation.

I hope the you get fixed up good as new ASAP!! :rock:

We are trying to get it fixed A.S.A.P. it is already at the body shop. We are waiting for the car wash to call us back and they didn't call, so tomorrow we might be going through the insurrance co. We are hoping to have the truck back bnext week before we go to Az.

Roz-SRT said:
Damn Jayme. Sorry to hear about the truck!

This thread should be in the offensive section. I'd love to say lots of colorful cuss words about your situation.

I hope the you get fixed up good as new ASAP!! :rock:

I am sure if you put some colorful words on this thread it will be moved to the offensive section :D I don't know how to change that myself

SrtBradsBoss said:
We are trying to get it fixed A.S.A.P. it is already at the body shop. We are waiting for the car wash to call us back and they didn't call, so tomorrow we might be going through the insurrance co. We are hoping to have the truck back bnext week before we go to Az.

Hate that for them . . :D Good luck, I hope the body shop does a good job fixing your baby! :rock:

Roz-SRT said:
Hate that for them . . :D Good luck, I hope the body shop does a good job fixing your baby! :rock:

I was referred to them by Westoaks Dodge Dealership, Jeff Hightower told me he took his wifes car there and you can't even see there was something wrong. He also refers everybody over to this guy.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back