Catch Can

I'm not going to comment on the handsome part, but I will say your truck is very quick at 1/4 throttle! :D

That may be true but your Abarth (silent H) looks like it would be a lot of fun!
Quite a bit of exhaust noise coming out the back. Do they even use a muffler with the turbo on that car?

A smallish catch can on that unit would be a GOOD idea!

Last edited:
That may be true but your Abarth (silent H) looks like it would be a lot of fun!
Quite a bit of exhaust noise coming out the back. Do they even use a muffler with the turbo on that car?

A smallish catch can on that unit would be a GOOD idea!

Factory straight pipes!!

Well that liquid crap coming out of the catch can doesn't burn after all (which is good because my fender and hood would not survive if that 32 oz. catch can ever blew!!).

Now I'll have to dump out the Window cleaner that's under the kitchen sink and replace it with the catch can fluid and then light the spray on fire.

There is always something to do in the name of science... :)

Last edited:
Good Norming:

The catch can is a standalone unit. It doesn't need an aftermarket intake.

I mounted may catch can in the battery box as the box really hasn't done anything but sit there empty for the last 10 years, anyway.

I used the grounding bolt (and hole) for the passenger headlight to attach the can to that area. But it can be mounted (of course) in other areas as well.

Drill a hole in the bottom of the tray and now you have a spot for the drain line to go through.

The low profile Viper valve covers and the (poor) baffling system make it easy for the Intake to ingest surprising amounts of oily crap as you can see inside of the accordion tube that attaches to the throttle body. The catch can will really reduce or eliminate this mess.

Catch cans come in a variety of designs with some working better than others.

This oily crap has a low flash point and will compromise your ignition timing (kind of like using low octane fuel) and when your engine pings (2005, 2006 engines with knock sensors), they may/can pull timing and reduce engine power.

The need for a catch can on engines with direct injection (NOT OUR GEN 3s) being used as a performance vehicle (like my Ford F-150 EGOBOOST) really rises. Those engines inject fuel directly into the combustion chamber so unlike our engines where fuel is injected into the Intake Manifold and can "wash" off the Intake Valve face as it makes it's way to the combustion chamber, the direct injection engines have all of this oily crap roaring through the Intake Manifold and sticking/burning to the valves. This happens in a VERY short time.

You should know better than to talk cars on a Sunday morning when the coffee is around as you are likely to get WAY more information than you wanted. :)

Ronnie

Hell, I think the problem is that there is never enough car talk over coffee. :)

Hell, I think the problem is that there is never enough car talk over coffee. :)

Agreed.

WAY too much importance placed on Global warming, beached whales, blood moons, 3-eyed salmon, the alarming number of cooking shows on t.v., nuclear fuck-ups and other potential indicators of the end of the world.

We really need to get back to automotive performance basics as the topic of discussion :D

Last edited:
Well, the vile crap in the catch can started to eat the business part of the plastic spray head in the Windex bottle but not before I got a couple of shots off.

Holding a lighter in the spray did indeed set that mist on fire! Quite impressive.
I see now why there are concerns about that stuff tripping knock sensors.

My neighbor asked me what I was doing. I told him it was a science experiment.

Last edited:
Agreed.

WAY too much importance placed on Global warming, beached whales, blood moons, 3-eyed salmon, the alarming number of cooking shows on t.v., nuclear fuck-ups and other potential indicators of the end of the world.

We really need to get back to automotive performance basics as the topic of discussion :D

no longer called that, temp hasn't changed in 18 years, now they call it CLIMATE CHANGE…………………...;)

no longer called that, temp hasn't changed in 18 years, now they call it CLIMATE CHANGE…………………...;)

I guess when the temperature continues to go up OR down (like it has for millions of years), it's considered and labelled "Climate Change" instead of "global warming"
(Antarctica is experiencing some of the coldest days ever recorded on this planet). I know, I know, that's more "Weather" (short-term) and "Climate" is long-term but still, EVER recorded?!?

A lot of really smart people are on opposite sides of the Global Warming (Climate Change) topic.

Thank you for the correction in terms though.:shakehands:

(I'm not sure what any of this has to do with me selling a catch-can but, once again, you NEVER know where these threads are going to end up)!

Cheers..

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back