Challenger SRT-8 vs SRT-10 Ram

tribal636

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got beat by about 2 car lengths by a guy at work in his Challenger SRT-8. I did spin through second but that car is a lot faster than I expected. My truck, 04 RC with Volant ram air and MBRP exhaust. Challenger - K&N intake and unknown brand exhaust. I launched at 4k which, in hindsight, was not a good idea but I have only had the truck a week so Im still learning the best launch RPM.

Good to know, once it started to spin I tried feathering the clutch but just wouldn't hook so I tried going to second......spun even worse lol. Now my question is, should I be able to beat the Challenger just based off the vehicles not including driver error?

Your lucky it was only two car lengths, definitely a good match up for the truck, I wouldn't put any money on the line though.

No money, just a friendly challenge down a street on company property. After I finally hooked I seemed to be catching up but we started running out of road. Definitely a fast car and could be a great match-up for this truck with good traction. Im gonna try to get him to turn off his traction control and then race me haha.

Chally is good for low 13 or high 12's with his bolt ons, those Hemis pull like a mofo though, don't think you would chase him down.

I know donnie has a chally srt8, has a cat back kit, his car was quick.

Def not slow by any means.

Good to know it wasn't just my driving then.

Not to sound like a ass or nothing but.....it's in the srt family :D nothing is really slow dude.

I got fried one night by a srt charger super bee or whatever it is, supercharged, dude tore me up :D

And he is a cop :rock:

My wife has a high 11 second 5.7. Charger, wIth just bolt ons we go to the track as a group a lot. Told Santeen earlier that you guys can blame her and the Mustang guys for my truck having to be fast,lol.

Not to sound like a ass or nothing but.....it's in the srt family :D nothing is really slow dude.

I got fried one night by a srt charger super bee or whatever it is, supercharged, dude tore me up :D

And he is a cop :rock:

Yea im not saying the truck is slow by any means. Just means I need to put a little $$$ into the truck to make it faster :rock::rock:

Yea im not saying the truck is slow by any means. Just means I need to put a little $$$ into the truck to make it faster :rock::rock:

Cal-tracs, get them. I wish i would of bought them when i first bought the truck.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back