Cobra Mustang goes 118.68 vs Trainman

Trainman

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's a video shot by my Tuner at Famoso yesterday. A Cobra Mustang goes 118.68........ordinarily you would think that would be a great run.....but in the other lane........Trainman! I never saw the guy... he went 13.258 @ 118.68....but I went 10.433 @ 136.02....this is a real Killing! Enjoy!:D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BdNN_4PA3VM

Just found out today that I had a bent intake pushrod the whole time. If you listen to the video you can hear the clicking before I launch. So I went 10.43 @ 136 with 7 cylinders!. Going back to Famoso on Sunday, Feb 22 to try again....hopefully work out the engine shut down issues and set a new personal best.....wish me luck. Also I'm going up to Reno next Thursday and Friday to Exotic Engines. Hopefully we will start the SRT-10 monster for the first time. Chris Jensen is scheduled to arrive for tuning on Saturday the 28th.

Clearly Mr. Cobra needs serious driver mod with that ET and trap speed lol. Those CTS-Vs are very impressive. Good run despite running only on 7 cylinders lol

Last edited:
The engine was ticking heavy before the run you see on the video. Here is what the reason was behind the ticking.

IMG_7638_zps5fjntg4p.jpg

This thing is a beast!!

:rock::burnout::rock::burnout:

what caused one "intake" push rod to go curvey???

Here's the dyno numbers behind the run:

IMG_7637_zps0bx6p2od.jpg

Here's the reason for the variable HP readings:

721.7 is E85 only with Race Tune, 24 degrees timing.

887.2 is with Nitrous (70hp -2 #35 jets) , E85 and 24 degrees timing.

635.3 is E85 only on street tune, 16 degrees timing.

787.9 is with Nitrous (same 70 shot) , E85 with safe tune , 17 degrees timing.

The 10.43 run was with 20 degrees timing.

Jerry, what do you think caused the bent pushrod? Also, I didn't realize you were spraying the Caddy. Did you spray it on your 10.4x run?

Jerry, what do you think caused the bent pushrod? Also, I didn't realize you were spraying the Caddy. Did you spray it on your 10.4x run?

I have no idea about the cause of the bent pushrod. I started hearing the ticking after the 2nd run of the day, it didn't get worse, thought it might be the start of an exhaust leak. First pass of the day the shift handle and boot came off in my hand when I shifted to 2nd gear! Thus the start of a frustrating day. The car kept going into "reduced power mode" whenever I power shifted into 2nd or 3rd. My tuner wanted 1 clean pass on boost only before we tried the nitrous. I personally have never driven a car with nitrous before, so I was a little nervous. Finally on about the 7th pass of the day I went 10.73 @ 130.62 on boost (even though only 7 cylinders). Not as good as Sacramento, but at least it was a clean pass. Next pass was on Nitrous and went to "reduced power " when I went to 2nd gear. Very frustrating! Finally with no cool down, I made the 10.433 @ 136.02 by shifting easy (no power shifts) @ about 6200 (instead of 6800 like normal) , car felt good (Duh, most 10 second runs feel good!) and we called it a day. So I have 1 full nitrous pass under my belt, still a lot to get used too. I'll work on it tomorrow. Don't worry though I am NOT going to put nitrous in the SRT-10! The 10 will always be NA. Hopefully starting the Ram engine next Thursday or Friday. :rock:

Just found out today that I had a bent intake pushrod the whole time. If you listen to the video you can hear the clicking before I launch. So I went 10.43 @ 136 with 7 cylinders!. Going back to Famoso on Sunday, Feb 22 to try again....hopefully work out the engine shut down issues and set a new personal best.....wish me luck. Also I'm going up to Reno next Thursday and Friday to Exotic Engines. Hopefully we will start the SRT-10 monster for the first time. Chris Jensen is scheduled to arrive for tuning on Saturday the 28th.

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

Looks like you could have easily beat him with 6 cylinders. Even with all the problems you had it turned out to be a great day. Congrats.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back