Dan Reference Pics For Damage Rear Wheel That Fell Off.

Glad to hear it won't take an act of god to get the truck back in shape:rock: I thought the type of lugnuts were the culprit. I have the same ones for my DR and after a couple runs if I don't retorque them I get a vibration at the end of the track. There have been times I got about 1/8 of a turn on them.

SrtBrad said:
I just spoke with the manager (Edwin) at Gorilla. He is saying that these lugs are not the recommended lugs for these our trucks. He should be chiming in on this soon.

if these are not the correct lug nuts, by Gorilla listin, what would be the correct ones & does Gorilla make them for our SRT-10's?????????

ZCx said:
if these are not the correct lug nuts, by Gorilla listin, what would be the correct ones & does Gorilla make them for our SRT-10's?????????

I went down to the Gorilla main office and met with the manager (Edwin) in person. He got to look at the damaged wheel and aftermath in person and took the rest of the Gorilla lug nuts and will do an internal investigating. He took pics of the wheel as well.

Edwin seemed to be genuinely concerned and I got a good read from him. He did tell me that Gorilla does not make a lug nut for our trucks at all. Whoever sold these lug nuts to the previous owner (VnmPwrd) told J.T. that these were the direct replacements for our factory lugs. I want to know who this person is that supplied false info and put my life and others people's lives in danger.

Edwin will follow up with a report for us to put this issue to bed. If any members have the same Gorilla lug nuts as I used to have please replace them to the stock lug nuts immediately.

hope Dragon is still in

SrtBrad said:
.... Whoever sold these lug nuts to the previous owner (VnmPwrd) told J.T. that these were the direct replacements for our factory lugs. I want to know who this person is that supplied false info and put my life and others people's lives in danger.

Edwin will follow up with a report for us to put this issue to bed. If any members have the same Gorilla lug nuts as I used to have please replace them to the stock lug nuts immediately.

ME TOO! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Whitesnake said:
so are you driving your truck or not?
how much did it cost over at DC?

Truck is parked in the garage until the new black powdercoated wheel goes back on. I just can't drive the truck with a spare wheel on it. It's just not right.

DC Performance is a real class act. They had the truck for close to a week and inspected everything. Replaced the wheel studs and all the lug nuts. Checked the gears in the differential and replaced the oil. Made sure the axle was not bent. Basically went over the truck with a fine tooth comb. I didn't have the $ for the truck so Dan let me pick it up without paying for it. Dan is trusting me to pay up when I can. I cant believe the price is under $400.

I can't say enough about the DC crew.:rock: :rock: :rock:

I would move close to DC for that reason alone. :rock: tell them that I think we need a east coast franchise.

SrtBrad said:
Truck is parked in the garage until the new black powdercoated wheel goes back on. I just can't drive the truck with a spare wheel on it. It's just not right.

But you can drive cross country in this.:p I say drive it with the spare on. At least they will all be the same color:rock: ;) :D

e746f9b1.jpg

Last edited:
wyoramsrt-10 said:
But you can drive cross country in this.:p I say drive it with the spare on. At least they will all be the same color:rock: ;) :D

e746f9b1.jpg

lol..............................:rock:

RedSrt007 said:
Yellow Wheel, White Bed Cover, Clear Taillights, Uhaul, and to top it off Mullet.

:D :D
And he's got his foot on the bumper. I've not seen a clearer case of truck abuse.:eek:

DC Performance is a real class act. They had the truck for close to a week and inspected everything. Replaced the wheel studs and all the lug nuts. Checked the gears in the differential and replaced the oil. Made sure the axle was not bent. Basically went over the truck with a fine tooth comb. I didn't have the $ for the truck so Dan let me pick it up without paying for it. Dan is trusting me to pay up when I can. I cant believe the price is under $400.

I can't say enough about the DC crew.

Nice to know we still have some incredible vendors. Way to go DC Performance!

RedSrt007 said:
Yellow Wheel, White Bed Cover, Clear Taillights, Uhaul, and to top it off Mullet.

:D :D

Stop it already my nuts are loose from laughing. My friend Pete still has the Mullet. I'm too bald to have a Mullet and am working on the extra weight as well. People just don't appreciate the Mustard and Ketchup look anymore.:confused: :dontknow: I guess my intended future yellow stripes with yellow wheels are just screaming cheeseburger.:D My wife put a quick end to that color scheme. She didn't want Elementary kids asking her for fries.:D :D I'll never live that color combo down.

BTW that grey bed cover set the world record for fastest bed cover on a Srt10.

Last edited:
SrtBrad said:
Stop it already my nuts are loose from laughing. My friend Pete still has the Mullet. I'm too bald to have a Mullet and am working on the extra weight as well. People just don't appreciate the Mustard and Ketchup look anymore.:confused: :dontknow: I guess my intended future yellow stripes with yellow wheels are just screaming cheeseburger.:D My wife put a quick end to that color scheme. She didn't want Elementary kids asking her for fries.:D :D I'll never live that color combo down.

BTW that grey bed cover set the world record for fastest bed cover on a Srt10.

Sorry to pee in the cheerios but he set with factory cover/wing setup:D :D

Well good to hear DC gave you credit but Brad if your in tight spot let me know, I'd be happy to help you knock out work in exchange for like a photoshoot or cool vid of my truck:D :D :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back