DC Stage 2 PCM

greatone61

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed the DC Stage 2 PCM in my QC, and man this thing rocks!! This should be a mandatory mod for all QC trucks.

I paid $298 for a new PCM, and $600 for the flash. Both from DC Performance. I ordered on Monday and got it on Wednesday.

Me too

I just got around to putting mine in, sure wish I had done it sooner. These guys have done an outstanding job on this up grade.
Thanks DC Performance!

Sent them PM, hoping to hear back about a Stage II:rock:

Just ordered the blower pcm upgrade for mine. This should really wake up the truck. They dont have any in stock right now...should be sent early next week.

greatone61 said:
I paid $298 for a new PCM, and $600 for the flash. Both from DC Performance. I ordered on Monday and got it on Wednesday.
I used their online query on Sunday - haven't heard from them yet. Want to get one soon.

One question for you guys - if I buy a new PCM flashed then install it, then swap it out for dealer service, can the dealer tell that another PCM was used?

Two more questions I forgot - sorry.

Does this PCM also need the 170 degree thermostat or does it matter?

And will it help the slow automatic shift from 2nd to 3rd?

THINKING ABOUT GOING WITH THE SAME MOD.
WHATS IT DO FOR THE TRUCK.I KNOW IT'S A STUPID ???
BUT I AM NEW TO THIS STUFF AND LEARNING.
AND AS V10TO GO ASKED, DO YOU NEED TO DO THE T STAT ALSO.??
THANKS, AND I LOVE THIS SITE!!!

just put my pcm in the truck,a lot more power,shifts harder,will smoke the tires with no effort. you need to do it you want be disapointed. also going to install 170-t-stat just to keep the truck running cool.

V10ToGo said:
I used their online query on Sunday - haven't heard from them yet. Want to get one soon.

One question for you guys - if I buy a new PCM flashed then install it, then swap it out for dealer service, can the dealer tell that another PCM was used?

These guys (Dodge) can't even put a 5 cent seal on the PCM plugs so I don't think so!

DC Performance took some timing out of my flash and airmailed it back no charge! Good people!

Just call em on the phone,they will answer !

V10ToGo said:
?

Will get the most out of the flash with the T-stat but it is not needed.

V10ToGo said:
Two more questions I forgot - sorry.

And will it help the slow automatic shift from 2nd to 3rd?

Yes, it will let you run more timing without detonation which will give you more power!

It will help it get to third much quicker because Dodge detuned the Quad Cab a lot in the first two gears to help keep the transmission alive past the warranty peroid. Some claims say as much as 80 to 100 ft lbs of torque were taken out!
That is why you go DAMN!!! this thing is finally running now, when you hook up the new PCM and get it back + a little extra!

wont grow old said:
THINKING ABOUT GOING WITH THE SAME MOD.
WHATS IT DO FOR THE TRUCK.I KNOW IT'S A STUPID ???
BUT I AM NEW TO THIS STUFF AND LEARNING.
AND AS V10TO GO ASKED, DO YOU NEED TO DO THE T STAT ALSO.??
THANKS, AND I LOVE THIS SITE!!!

Revised premium fuel & timing tables - (91 or 93 oct)

Shift points raised to 5950 rpm

Rev limit raised to 6200 rpm

Torque management removed automatic only

Cooling fan duty cycle modified

(The stage 2 flash has Produced 80HP gains & 100 Ft Lbs torque as A/B tested @ DC Performance on a Dyno Jet with a 05 SRT10 Quad Cab automatic.)- Your results may vary. B&G does not guarantee these numbers and uses these numbers as 3rd party reference only as numbers will and may vary between Dyno’s and Dyno Shops.

Dang - you guys are the best!!! I gotta do this now.
Where's my credit card? Oh yea, the wife took it away - Honey? Sweety?
Screw that - I think my business needs a PCM. Can I deduct that somehow?

"(The stage 2 flash has Produced 80HP gains & 100 Ft Lbs torque as A/B tested @ DC Performance on a Dyno Jet with a 05 SRT10 Quad Cab automatic.)- Your results may vary. B&G does not guarantee these numbers and uses these numbers as 3rd party reference only as numbers will and may vary between Dyno’s and Dyno Shops."

My results varied,that's why I sold it !!!I only improved 5hp over stock,and around 50ish in tq !!!But those are where the numbers were supposed to be I was told !Not Bashing,just telling my experience,and why I sold mine !!:dontknow:

6pakattack said:
"(The stage 2 flash has Produced 80HP gains & 100 Ft Lbs torque as A/B tested @ DC Performance on a Dyno Jet with a 05 SRT10 Quad Cab automatic.)- Your results may vary. B&G does not guarantee these numbers and uses these numbers as 3rd party reference only as numbers will and may vary between Dyno’s and Dyno Shops."

My results varied,that's why I sold it !!!I only improved 5hp over stock,and around 50ish in tq !!!But those are where the numbers were supposed to be I was told !Not Bashing,just telling my experience,and why I sold mine !!:dontknow:
6pak - was that the results of dyno testing or seat of the pants? Why would yours be so low compared to those who go crazy for these things?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back