DD'ers How much you spending a week in gas?

I used two cylindrical tanks in place of the spare one is 65 liters and the second is 75 liters.
The ring tank is only 105 liters minus 20% = 84 liters effective.
This means i can fill up 114 liters. It takes me about 285 miles far.
So that is about 9.50 mpg. If i'm right.

450`ish km's. not bad for $80 in fuel for the 10, and a qc at that! It shocks me so few north americans dont get in on it.

I don't know the price in Canada/US for LPG. Here in Belgium i pay 0.81 dollar per liter. Which is about 2/3 of the price for a liter gas.
Maybe the conversion is very expensive ? Seen twice the price from here somewhere on a forum. So it would take 46 weeks for the ROI lol.
Also it's not worth it if no high miles/km are made. If i was to drive only 3k to 4k miles per year with the truck i wouldn't mind either.

Last edited:
I don't know the price in Canada/US for LPG. Here in Belgium i pay 0.81 dollar per liter. Which is about 2/3 of the price for a liter gas.
Maybe the conversion is very expensive ? Seen twice the price from here somewhere on a forum. So it would take 46 weeks for the ROI lol.
Also it's not worth it if no high miles/km are made. If i was to drive only 3k to 4k miles per year with the truck i wouldn't mind either.

LPG around me (Vancouver, Canada) is about .66 cents/liter for the average joe. But like I said, I'm in the propane business so I can get access to propane for as little as .40 cents/liter.

The conversion kit with all the required gear costed me just over $4K with install. Maybe its more expensive in the US, I dont know.

This is our DD, so the conversion is most worth it!

Ok it's propane. I must have missed that.
Well story is about the same except for the gas tank(s). Tanks are a lot heavier due to the higher gas
With that gas price and a decent installation price you're golden.
Just be carefull with the cat's or put high flows in place.
I invested in belanger headers and their high flow cat's. Officially because the orginal cat are a potential problem. Mostly because i wanted it anyway.
I kept the oem catback but wanted to custom build a 3" exhaust.
So i bought an exhaust calculator software, to find out that a custom exhaust would be about 2" 3/4 and that the oem is quite good if one wants to keep power and torque in the mid of the rpm. So that project is in the fridge...

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back