DD'ers How much you spending a week in gas?

Didn’t tell the rest of the story-----my company also pays for my gas but I own the company so guess I actually pay for it. The beauty is the money I spend on fuel I do not pay taxes on and the company also writes it off so it is a win win, Doesn’t increase my income for taxes and the company gets a deduction. :rock::rock::rock:

runs me about 175.00 a week give or take :burnout::burnout::burnout:

QC, and not sure on the miles. i'll have to pay more attention so i can give you a decent estimate. it really depends on how many people piss me off.... if you can't do at least the speed limmit, get the fuck outa the way!:thefinger: WWHHOOOMMPP WWHHOOOMMPP :burnout:

When I'm driving mine (04 RC) DD, it's about $90-100 per week -- usually one tank. It's not normally the DD, but in the middle of a carburetor rebuild on the normal DD, a 68 Mercury Cougar...

Spring thru fall I spend around 15 to 45 a week. But I ride one of my motorcycles during that time period.
If you have to budget for gas, then it time to sell it and buy something that does get decent mileage.

Spring thru fall I spend around 15 to 45 a week. But I ride one of my motorcycles during that time period.
If you have to budget for gas, then it time to sell it and buy something that does get decent mileage.

There are times that I have to budget for gas, food, rent, and everything else. So should I sell my 10? Or is this an elite rich people truck club and nobodys telling me? Telling people they need to sell their truck and get something good on gas because they are unfortunate enough to have to consider gas as an expense is one of the most pompous things Ive yet to read on here.

I drive about 25 miles per day, 4 days per week to/from work. Weekends I take it out only for fun. My '05 GMC Z71 was getting around 14 mpg as my DD, the '10 gets around 12 mpg. So, it wasn't a big deal to make the switch. I estimate that I spend +/-$100 per week in the '10? However, my other car (wife's) is an '06 Jetta TDI that has a bottomless 12 gallon tank. I fill it about once per month, after 600+ miles.

Before the lpg conversion : 283.00 Dollar per week
with lpg conversion: 83.50 dollar per week.
Gain: 199.50 per week.
price of the convernsion: 4,647.00 Dollar

Payback time: 23.35 weeks.
the LPG is 35 weeks in use... Well it's paid :D

$100/week? Sounds about right for a DD.

LPG system ordered and on the way. Due to my line of work I get LPG for .40 cents a liter! Good bye $150 fills and hello $40-$50 fills!

If you do the conversion make sure the installation has enough flow.
you need 2 pressure reducers and brown gas injectors (prins VSI) and a 5/16 tube from the tank(s) to the reducers.
If not you risk to run the engine to lean under load. That can result in melted cat's which causes a pressure build up in the exhaust.
That pressure build up will flush away the oil film in the cylinders causing extreme wear and killing the engine.

if you plan on doing some engine mods the brown injectors will have some spare flow. Yellow are barely enough for the standard engine.

If you do the conversion make sure the installation has enough flow.
you need 2 pressure reducers and brown gas injectors (prins VSI) and a 5/16 tube from the tank(s) to the reducers.
If not you risk to run the engine to lean under load. That can result in melted cat's which causes a pressure build up in the exhaust.
That pressure build up will flush away the oil film in the cylinders causing extreme wear and killing the engine.

if you plan on doing some engine mods the brown injectors will have some spare flow. Yellow are barely enough for the standard engine.

When I was chatting with the prins rep I told him I wanted to convert a srt10 qc. He insured me the package we ordered had everything I would need, but I will call Him back and double check! Thanks For the info!
There are times that I have to budget for gas, food, rent, and everything else. So should I sell my 10? Or is this an elite rich people truck club and nobodys telling me? Telling people they need to sell their truck and get something good on gas because they are unfortunate enough to have to consider gas as an expense is one of the most pompous things Ive yet to read on here.

I'd have to agree. But I guess people have unlimited cash flow, or are in crazy amounts of debt. Because I always see the "just get a diff car" post lol.

Before the lpg conversion : 283.00 Dollar per week
with lpg conversion: 83.50 dollar per week.
Gain: 199.50 per week.
price of the convernsion: 4,647.00 Dollar

Payback time: 23.35 weeks.
the LPG is 35 weeks in use... Well it's paid :D

did you go with the spare tire tank, or bottle? What mpg are you seeing with the conversion?

did you go with the spare tire tank, or bottle? What mpg are you seeing with the conversion?

I used two cylindrical tanks in place of the spare one is 65 liters and the second is 75 liters.
The ring tank is only 105 liters minus 20% = 84 liters effective.
This means i can fill up 114 liters. It takes me about 285 miles far.
So that is about 9.50 mpg. If i'm right.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back