Did I get screwed?

spydertt

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw a thread about needing a wheel. A few posted with wheels for sale. I waited so the original poster could buy a wheel then sent a PM to a forum member. The wheels were listed as repaired/refurbed. The seller went on to say "one is perfect". I have a 22k garage queen that the tire store damaged one of my wheels.
I ordered the "perfect wheel" and when I opened the box I found a wheel that was worse than the one I was replacing. The wheel had curb rash that someone tryed to repair, the edge of the rim has a flat spot in one area. All around the edge you can see sand scratches where they sanded it, it has gouges in the spoke area. I posted some pics but it is hard to see the damage. I have contacted the seller and he does't give a s##t.
Can you leave feedback for sellers that don't want to resolve problems? I don't like to throw people under the bus but I'm pissed. Maybe I expected too much from a perfect wheel. Anybody want to buy a "perfect wheel? Your opinion will be appriciated.

Attachments

• DSC09189.JPG
    DSC09189.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 116
  • DSC09188.JPG
    DSC09188.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 114
  • DSC09187.JPG
    DSC09187.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 115
Going through the same thing now and I know what you mean about tossing someone under the bus...

If you've done everything you can, and the deal can't be fixed, load up the bus and roll, save others from a bad deal

i say perfect is perfect is perfecrt. if u say it is "perfect" then it should be PERFECT

absolutely free of even the smallest of flaws

unless i am understanding something wrong, i get that u called him, told him about the damage. he said he knew that damage was there, and is offering no help, even knowing the damage was there when he sold it to you. and is now saying "all sales are final" pretty much GFU.

if that is correct. and i am not assuming something wrong.....I would throw his ass under the bus and pee on him. that shit aint right. and he knows it

legally there is nothing u can do. but most people expect a certain amount of ethics and morals to play a part in member to member transactions. this guy sounds like a real looser, IMHO

like i said. maybe i am not understanding what happened, but if i do. then post up his name so noone else gets had by this douchebag

Going through the same thing now and I know what you mean about tossing someone under the bus...

If you've done everything you can, and the deal can't be fixed, load up the bus and roll, save others from a bad deal

u beat me to it jeff.... i agree 100%....roll his ass over:burnout:

i say perfect is perfect is perfecrt. if u say it is "perfect" then it should be PERFECT

absolutely free of even the smallest of flaws

unless i am understanding something wrong, i get that u called him, told him about the damage. he said he knew that damage was there, and is offering no help, even knowing the damage was there when he sold it to you. and is now saying "all sales are final" pretty much GFU.

if that is correct. and i am not assuming something wrong.....I would throw his ass under the bus and pee on him. that shit aint right. and he knows it

legally there is nothing u can do. but most people expect a certain amount of ethics and morals to play a part in member to member transactions. this guy sounds like a real looser, IMHO

like i said. maybe i am not understanding what happened, but if i do. then post up his name so noone else gets had by this douchebag

I sent him a Pm to let him know the wheel he sent me was'nt perfect and maybe he sent me the wrong wheel. His comment was that I bought a Repaired /refurbed wheel and he already sold the other 2 wheels. I offered to ship the wheel if he could find another buyer or I told him I could post pics on the forum and let the masses judge his perfect wheel. ( I wish the pics came out better because this wheel is rough.) I got no response so I might have to drive the bus.

looks like the wheels i made a comment on in his buy/sell post.

man:(

You did get screwed from the looks of it.
The member that you got them looks to be pretty new. (140 posts).
I would be driving that bus all day long. At least letting people know not to get stuff from him.

refurbished or not, PERFECT is the objective word here

u can see the scratch in the pic. that wheel is not perfect, that is the bottom line, refurbished or not. but maybe he hasnt been online to see ur last pm. i would give it some time.

then load the bus, haha

You did get screwed from the looks of it.
The member that you got them looks to be pretty new. (140 posts).
I would be driving that bus all day long. At least letting people know not to get stuff from him.

:congrats::congrats::congrats: amen brother:congrats::congrats::congrats:

lord take me down to the streets

looks like the wheels i made a comment on in his buy/sell post.

man:(

The post you commented on was after he sold me 1 wheel. I saw the post in the Wanted section. He had 3 wheels then, the "perfect" one and two with blemishes. You commented on the 2 that were left over. I have another wheel coming from another forum member, I hope this transaction goes better. I learned my leason, I asked many questions and got pics this time. It is hard to see the quality in the pics with the glare so you have to trust the seller. We know who not to trust now. I am loading the bus, departure will be early next week before its fully loaded and ready to run down the raod.

refurbished or not, PERFECT is the objective word here

u can see the scratch in the pic. that wheel is not perfect, that is the bottom line, refurbished or not. but maybe he hasnt been online to see ur last pm. i would give it some time.

then load the bus, haha

"perfect" in this case would be like out of the box new, IMVHO

even new ones have polish marks on them. but no road rash or attemps to repair road rash

used with tried to repair booboos would fit the best

Spare

I will be using the wheel I don't sell to mount a full size spare under the truck. It worked on my last 10 but it had a custom exhaust. May not work on this truck but worth a try.

Attachments

• vpr10spare.jpg
    vpr10spare.jpg
    445.2 KB · Views: 52
People suck. Why cant everyone just be honest and not out to rip people off. 'F'in loser, and I have no idea who this person is. Post it up and let the bashing start. We dont need people like this around here.

People suck. Why cant everyone just be honest and not out to rip people off. 'F'in loser, and I have no idea who this person is. Post it up and let the bashing start. We dont need people like this around here.

he is right, he is not welcome if he does shit like that. and what did he gain $150.....$200. not worth it to become the worlds biggest douche

let it be known so noone else buys from this person or get help from anyone on the forums again..... This is our forum and it's up to us to take care of our own.

let it be known so noone else buys from this person again or get help from anyone on the forums..... This is our forum and it's up to us to take care of our own.

:dito:

This is one reason we have the 50 post buy/sell limit. So someone doesn't just log in, sell something, rip someone off, then leave. You guys wanted it lessened from 100 to 50.
Know who you are buying from.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back