Did I get screwed?

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/f15/need-1-srt-10-22in-rim-48143/

Now it really depends on what rim of the 3 you were buying. He warned of the condition of the other rims. Did you get pics of the rims before buying them? :dontknow:

"$250 each seems to be the asking price on rims, so $750 for all three, you pay shipping, or if people just want one each, $250 plus shipping for one. I have pics somewhere, one is perfect, two even after repair no gouges, but have like a low spot where they were repaired and buffed, you only notice it up close (i'm a perfectionist so i notice it)."

The post you commented on was after he sold me 1 wheel. I saw the post in the Wanted section. He had 3 wheels then, the "perfect" one and two with blemishes. You commented on the 2 that were left over. I have another wheel coming from another forum member, I hope this transaction goes better. I learned my leason, I asked many questions and got pics this time. It is hard to see the quality in the pics with the glare so you have to trust the seller. We know who not to trust now. I am loading the bus, departure will be early next week before its fully loaded and ready to run down the raod.

I sent him a Pm to let him know the wheel he sent me was'nt perfect and maybe he sent me the wrong wheel. His comment was that I bought a Repaired /refurbed wheel and he already sold the other 2 wheels. I offered to ship the wheel if he could find another buyer or I told him I could post pics on the forum and let the masses judge his perfect wheel. ( I wish the pics came out better because this wheel is rough.) I got no response so I might have to drive the bus.

i think the guy knew what he was doing

The bus has arrived

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/f15/need-1-srt-10-22in-rim-48143/

Now it really depends on what rim of the 3 you were buying. He warned of the condition of the other rims. Did you get pics of the rims before buying them? :dontknow:

"$250 each seems to be the asking price on rims, so $750 for all three, you pay shipping, or if people just want one each, $250 plus shipping for one. I have pics somewhere, one is perfect, two even after repair no gouges, but have like a low spot where they were repaired and buffed, you only notice it up close (i'm a perfectionist so i notice it)."

I was going to wait a few days to give the seller time to respond but now that the initial post has been revealed, "toofast_28" was the seller. I stated many times in previous post I ordered the "perfect" wheel. If it is perfect and he was an honest seller why do you need a pic?:dontknow: I also stated that the pics don't always show the damage because of the glare. I had to take several pics of the wheel and the damage is a lot worse than shows in the pics. I could spend some time cleaning this wheel up and take pics in just the right light and angle and pass it off as a nice wheel,but thats not me.

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to go browse the buy/sell or wanted sections for a post. Or to take a look at your previous posts.

as stated perfect is perfect no exceptions as then its not perfect... post a name and address to warn others......the bus cares not what it rolls over..

You shouldn't have bought a wheel from a Toyota owner, damn Balboa you just can't trust him!!

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to go browse the buy/sell or wanted sections for a post. Or to take a look at your previous posts.

You are correct. For the curious the clues were all there. As the bus driver, I was going to wait a few days to see if I got a response. It's obvious by my low post count and ignorance that I am still learning. I still believe in honesty. If I asked for a pic, how do you know if what they take a pic of is what they are going to send you.

as stated perfect is perfect no exceptions as then its not perfect... post a name and address to warn others......the bus cares not what it rolls over..

toofast_28 was the seller. Let the bus roll. If I am wrong for being a picky a##hole then put me in front of the bus.

toofast_28 was the seller. Let the bus roll. If I am wrong for being a picky a##hole then put me in front of the bus.

you are not the asshole,,, he is. and u are not picky for expecting what was told to you.

the thing is,,,this is not craigslist. u should be able to trust what u are buying from members here. this guy shoud be banned.

you are not the asshole,,, he is. and u are not picky for expecting what was told to you.

the thing is,,,this is not craigslist. u should be able to trust what u are buying from members here. this guy shoud be banned.

That would be a hell of a pressident....

Knowing I will be walking out to the bus and cranking it up soon too. My troubles are with a well respected member. So before this route is taken, it should be discussed at length:eek:

Thanks for the support. I don't think anybody should be banned. Just another reminder, Let the buyer beware. Even tho there is some shit slinging from time to time at the end of the day we can put our differances aside. I started the post in hopes the seller would chime in and try to resolve the matter. I was hoping buying from a forum member I wouldn't have to watch my back, lesson learned. Will I do it again,Yes, because I still believe there are more of us that are honest and will do the right thing. That said I am waiting on another wheel from another member. I expect this tranaction to go better. Am I pissed at toofast_28, No, he will be judged by his peers. I have more to do in life than to stress over someone who slings shit and calls it steak. I don't like to throw people under the bus, but I don't want others buying misrepresented items either.

Seriously Spyder, I can not imagine him not making this right. You would think most anybody would.

The bad part is the tire store that damaged the wheel won't help pay and then I get a junk wheel. Double BS. Another employee watched him bounce the wheel off the tire machine, but I can't use his name. When I get a good wheel, I will move on.

That would be a hell of a pressident....

Knowing I will be walking out to the bus and cranking it up soon too. My troubles are with a well respected member. So before this route is taken, it should be discussed at length:eek:

First of, Jeff, Good to hear fromu again, welcome back.

seond. i must be confused. Are you talking of another insident altogether, or are u saying toofast is a well respected member?? Dont know if jack knows him by his post or not. but both of those posts make me think this guy is a well known"good dude" is this true.

also, there is always a chance he does not realize the severity of the situation. not saying anyone is lying at all, just saying there is always two truths to every side of a story. maybe something got lost in translation.

but, if it is all true that he advertised the rim as "perfect" knowing it was not, and is now not willing to do anything. i think that is more than enough to ban him, That however is just MHO. but do we want guys like that here?

i am locally trying to sell some rims, the guy came over saying he wasnt sure if they would fit. i told him if they dont i will take them back. the next day he brought them back and i gave him all his money. very simple. and this is a guy i dont even know. these two guys are members here. there should be a sertain amount of layalty for that alone

Damn man that sucks.

Thats why almost anything I don't want off my truck that has been modded, I will give away so there is no hard feelings if they dont like it.

but thanks for the heads up on this guy. did you use paypal ? cause you can get your money back that way. they will back you up trust me.

First of, Jeff, Good to hear fromu again, welcome back.

seond. i must be confused. Are you talking of another insident altogether, or are u saying toofast is a well respected member?? Dont know if jack knows him by his post or not. but both of those posts make me think this guy is a well known"good dude" is this true.

also, there is always a chance he does not realize the severity of the situation. not saying anyone is lying at all, just saying there is always two truths to every side of a story. maybe something got lost in translation.

but, if it is all true that he advertised the rim as "perfect" knowing it was not, and is now not willing to do anything. i think that is more than enough to ban him, That however is just MHO. but do we want guys like that here?

i am locally trying to sell some rims, the guy came over saying he wasnt sure if they would fit. i told him if they dont i will take them back. the next day he brought them back and i gave him all his money. very simple. and this is a guy i dont even know. these two guys are members here. there should be a sertain amount of layalty for that alone

Different situation, I just understand what he is going through and I think banning needs to be carefully discussed..

Really never left, just left being daily involved and I no longer pay much attention to anything that doesn't involve the discussion of the RAM SRT-10

Jeff

Good to see you Jeff man I will find him go to his house demand the money back or els if he don't give the money back brack some fingers that is Fu.k up shit we all trust people for ther nolig on the parts on these trucks. Never screw a fellow mimber

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back