Disagreement: Let's enjoy it.....

flchub said:
and the same could be said about the abundant use of words in sentences to explain ones point that arent normally used in daily communication

Depends totally on your frame of reference...and the company you keep.

Prof said:
Depends totally on your frame of reference...and the company you keep.
well that being said it only seems to bother certain company,so expecting me to change for the percentage it bothers is highly unlikely,but go ahead and correct me all u want

It is great to be able to communicate as well as Prof , Django If you only want to reach a portion of the audience, But would it not be more beneficial to maybe bring it down a notch or two, And be able to reach the masses?I mean, It's not like your giving up your intelligence or anything. It's just that i am a dumb ass And can not pick up what your putting down.:( Other than that i think you guys rock.

J.R.

Black1 said:
But, how is this "debate" not about religion again? :confused: :hmmmm2:

Cuz it's an issue of free speech more than religion itself.....

I'm the first one to condemn religion per se....

But to dismiss someone because they quote the Bible, Jesus etc..... That ain't right......

It presumes too much..... It condemns one without clear evidence....

I disdain and revile religion, and I don't wish to be dismissed as being religious when all I did was quote a Judeo-Christian source....

That was the point of that specific argument.

Love ya, Jake............... No horseshit.

D

flchub said:
well that being said it only seems to bother certain company,so expecting me to change for the percentage it bothers is highly unlikely,but go ahead and correct me all u want

No offense intended. Just want a brother to know that you are often evaluated (judged if you wish) by the messages (intended and unintended) that you send.

I tell all of my students (and you certainly are not one of them, so I may be overstepping) that their communication style determines to a huge degree how they are perceived by those who can make a difference. If you are aware of that process do as you will...but I find so many who have never considered the possible impact of their careless messages.

Example: I had a great student send me her resume for my review before she sent it to IBM...it was super...except that her email address was "HotHoney@..."

She had never considered the message she was sending by using an email address that she had selected in a non thinking moment...

Truly, just trying to be of help.

Roy

JRSVIPR said:
It is great to be able to communicate as well as Prof , Django If you only want to reach a portion of the audience, But would it not be more beneficial to maybe bring it down a notch or two, And be able to reach the masses?I mean, It's not like your giving up your intelligence or anything. It's just that i am a dumb ass And can not pick up what your putting down.:( Other than that i think you guys rock.

J.R.

Look at it as an opportunity to learn. And there is nothing wrong with continuing to learn every day.

Well unless you're Stinker.;) :p :D

I fully agree, Stinker is the exception that proves the rule. If Stinker continues to learn, humanity may be at risk.

JRSVIPR said:

J.R.

Interesting point, my friend.... (btw, much love to you too, bro)....

I have a tough time in certain environments, to "dumb it down" as they say....

That's probably why I have the F WORD thread.....

Then again, there's much to be said for "raising the bar" a notch as well....

Maybe this thread is more suited for some to simply read and get what they can from it..... Maybe jump in a time or two to test the waters...and their own debating skills....

But a good point doesn't always neccesitate a lofty vocabulary. Will Rogers communicated most effectively speaking plainly....

I'm under the impression that most people don't debate well, not because they lack in communication skills, but because their opinions are not well reasoned to begin with.

Great having you in here..... Yer one of the really good guys in this family.:rock:

D

Last edited:
Silverback said:
Look at it as an opportunity to learn. And there is nothing wrong with continuing to learn every day.

Well unless you're Stinker.;) :p :D
I agree with you on the learning opportunity, And do try to comprehend. It gets to be a lot of head scratching, And hence no fun for me so i tend to move on. I know it is hard for you guys you understand, But if it gets to complicated for me i will tune out. I do realize it's my loss, But that is just me.

J.R.

Prof said:
No offense intended. Just want a brother to know that you are often evaluated (judged if you wish) by the messages (intended and unintended) that you send.

I tell all of my students (and you certainly are not one of them, so I may be overstepping) that their communication style determines to a huge degree how they are perceived by those who can make a difference. If you are aware of that process do as you will...but I find so many who have never considered the possible impact of their careless messages.

Example: I had a great student send me her resume for my review before she sent it to IBM...it was super...except that her email address was "HotHoney@..."

She had never considered the message she was sending by using an email address that she had selected in a non thinking moment...

Truly, just trying to be of help.

Roy
maybe it helps ur students and thats great but some of us have been doing just fine on this earth without using proper grammar 24-7,the fact that it bothers u isnt really my concern,this isnt a business meeting or resume,this is a truck forum,kinda silly to be correcting an audience of people who rather be talking about tits and a*s

flchub said:

Well as long as you don't care that you come across as being ignorant, why should I care?

Your one paragraph, run on sentences, lack of capitalization and punctuation posts, indicate ignorance of the english language. Since this is our only indication of the type of person you are, that is how you will be perceived.

Or it could be that you don't desire to take the time to compose your posts in a correct manner. In that case it indicates a lack of respect to fellow members.

Either way, I usually tend to ignore your posts as I'm not going to take the time to attempt to figure out what the hell you are trying to say.

Sorry Tim for taking this down a path you did not want to go, but I had to say something here.

flchub said:
maybe it helps ur students and thats great but some of us have been doing just fine on this earth without using proper grammar 24-7,the fact that it bothers u isnt really my concern,this isnt a business meeting or resume,this is a truck forum,kinda silly to be correcting an audience of people who rather be talking about tits and a*s

I suggest you go talk about tits and ass then.......

Your issues are not resolvable on this thread..... and you only seem to be here for the purpose of making a mockery of civil discourse......

If you can't play nice...... Please, go elsewhere....

But, thank you for illustrating the difference between those who discuss and those who simply wanna argue.:rock:

D

Silverback said:
Well as long as you don't care that you come across as being ignorant, why should I care?

Your one paragraph, run on sentences, lack of capitalization and punctuation posts, indicate ignorance of the english language. Since this is our only indication of the type of person you are, that is how you will be perceived.

Or it could be that you don't desire to take the time to compose your posts in a correct manner. In that case it indicates a lack of respect to fellow members.

Either way, I usually tend to ignore your posts as I'm not going to take the time to attempt to figure out what the hell you are trying to say.

Sorry Tim for taking this down a path you did not want to go, but I had to say something here.
yea u had too,blah blah

flchub said:

It's never silly to try to help.

Sorry I offended you. My error.

And tits and ass are ok too.

Django said:
I suggest you go talk about tits and ass then.......

Your issues are not resolvable on this thread..... and you only seem to be here for the purpose of making a mockery of civil discourse......

If you can't play nice...... Please, go elsewhere....

But, thank you for illustrating the difference between those who discuss and those who simply wanna argue.:rock:

D
so lets get this correct ,since i dont want to use correct grammar ur telling me to stop posting on this thread yet the thread is about being able to disagree,guess it just goes to show how easily one can become aggitated no matter how highly educated they are

flchub said:
so lets get this correct ,since i dont want to use correct grammar ur telling me to stop posting on this thread yet the thread is about being able to disagree,guess it just goes to show how easily one can become aggitated no matter how highly educated they are

"No results found for aggitated."

Per dictionary.com

flchub said:

Exactly wrong..............;)

This has nothing to do with your grammar... It has to do with your inability to debate in an adult manner.....

There is a big difference between making an effective argument and being argumentative....

Sorry to use such big words............

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to debate, discuss and disagree. There are ground rules for discussion in any debate.... Usually, participants need not be told to refrain from rudness and self centered childishness.....

You do.............

Unfortunately, you may not know what civility is......But until you learn civility, I respectfully ask that you do not participate in these discussions....

Thank you.

d

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back