Discussion Regarding Roe's & Their Awesomeness

I've never ran my meth. Not even on the dyno. No problems to report on my end
Pretty sure people only need those things if they can actually make a full 1/4 mile pass. You know, one where they don't miss shifts and actually run a good time. :D

Can't make any decent power with them. And they have never ran a decent time anywhere cool novelty piece
I know a Paxton guy that swapped to the Roe and was really happy he did. He wasn't racing the truck. But for street light grins, he liked the Roe better.

There are two trucks on the Top 10 Quickest SRT10 list that ran Roe's:

8. Mike (1fast400) - 11.03 @ 123.71
9. Chris (VIPER) - 11.0x @ 125.xx

Last edited:
Question is... How much boost were they running?

There's notes on that stuff in the Quickest thread. We are kinda derailing Tony's original thread though. Lots of new guys seem to be interested in putting a Roe on their trucks and this is their chance to make it happen.

Both the top ten guys were spraying nitrous as well.
Inefficient power.

How many centrifugals were spraying on that list ?

I don't disagree that they are inefficient at higher boost levels and need a little help, but for the guys that are looking to run 6 lbs only and are craving more daily driven speed....this is your ticket IMO.

I needed the qc because of my kids but I wanted to be able to keep up with a lightly modded L , SRT Jeep , Trailblazer or whatever else and represent the 10 family well.

I have 27k miles on the Roe with a stock block (34k total) and compression test average is 170-175 on all cylinders, so far so good. I don't beat it much....but I know it's there when I need to.

Post # 505 .....woohoo

Now back to my regularly scheduled trolling

Yep, not the best set up but it's fun. Not everyone gives a shit about 1/4 mile times. Honestly if I was looking to do 10s I would just buy a different vehicle that doesn't weigh 5k lbs or a SRT 8 Jeep. Sure you can do it in these trucks, but it takes a lot more $ than other platforms.

Honestly if I was looking to do 10s I would just buy a different vehicle that doesn't weigh 5k lbs

quoted and blown up to ridiculous proportions for truth.

Mine ran 13.1 @ 550rwhp with the 5lb pulley.

I moved all these posts here to keep from derailing Tony's thread. No one asked me to. No one complained that they were there. I'm simply trying to keep the two discussions separate - one discussion meant to let people know that Sean Roe is considering another run (it's always good when a vendor does another run of anything for our aging platforms and another discussion for the rest of us to speak our minds. If you think it sucks that I separated the conversations, please text Andy and let him know. He usually checks texts between 1am and 3am. :D

A lot of broken motors with the ROE. Very good unit, people just get greedy with the HP/Boost and forget the bottom end. So if your going to build a motor, why go ROE, go for the glory and get turbos. If your pocketbook can't handle the glory go with a low boost ROE or Paxton and don't get greedy. But I know you can't do it

And... Another will bite the dust

I moved all these posts here to keep from derailing Tony's thread. No one asked me to. No one complained that they were there. I'm simply trying to keep the two discussions separate - one discussion meant to let people know that Sean Roe is considering another run (it's always good when a vendor does another run of anything for our aging platforms and another discussion for the rest of us to speak our minds. If you think it sucks that I separated the conversations, please text Andy and let him know. He usually checks texts between 1am and 3am. :D

You're funny

quoted and blown up to ridiculous proportions for truth.

To play devil's advocate.

Some of these guys are 6'5 and weigh over 300lbs so a viper/vette etc wont work for them and they need a big truck because they are fatties. Now this does not apply to me as I DD a srt-6 so you know im little.

Now with that out the way I agree with you all the way.

I have only had NA engines in all of my SRT10's i have owned so far,
thats why i can not comment on broken engines/power output and so on.

My only comment is on the look and to be really honest, this setup with the base with the screws and the horrible shaped air inlet looks really cheap and ugly.

More of a functional approach than functional and good looking.....

Just My 2 Cents, and Taste is always different.

To play devil's advocate.

Some of these guys are 6'5 and weigh over 300lbs so a viper/vette etc wont work for them and they need a big truck because they are fatties. Now this does not apply to me as I DD a srt-6 so you know im little.

Now with that out the way I agree with you all the way.

I didn't need to know you drove an SRT6 to know you were little. I could tell by your ridiculous statement about fatties not fitting in Vette's and Vipers. I'm 6'4, not a fatty, and barely fit in a Vette, not at all in a Viper. Little guys wouldn't understand this. :D

the ONLY reason any of the engines let loose is the folks that push for the extra 10hp, let it make what it makes with a great tune, and be happy, 7 more hp isn't gonna get you laid quicker or beat the lambo next to you.

it really doesn't matter if its turbos, a roe blower, a Paxton supercharger, or a procharger, the engines have very thin ringlands thus can only handle so much boost with bad tuning on a stock bottom end.
tuning is the key to survival of these engines, but too much of anything and the rods and bearings will start to cave.

so is it particular to the roe? no,many paxtons, nitrous , and sts's have laid waste to pistons and rods, is it most popular ? yes, easy install , cool looks so forth, and ton of instant boost on the street.

why haven't many laid down good numbers at the track? no telling honestly, the power is there but comes on hard down low, most blow off the tires.

a good time will come from a roe soon im sure, many are going the extra mile lately

the roe is awesome for the street, the Paxton procharger is better at the track, which do you spend most of your time at?

either way plan your build, all the components make up the package, and by all means get your build dyno tuned, that is a MUST. it is the key to long life,
DO NOT let yourself get caught up in the dyno numbers game, 600 rwhp can sometimes beat 1000hp, its more in traction setup so forth. The dyno is a tuning device,

hell do what most do, make your number, if its 600 , hell tellem 900, nobody is going to believe either anyway:rofl:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back